Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Plum Blossom Twig Hair Gloss

Plum blossom, wild plum, labdanum, wildflower honey, and creamy lemon amber. 

I got both this and the peach/plum HG - they are on totally different ends of the spectrum.

I think this one may need to sit a little longer, and will probably deep in with age, but right now, I can pick out the labdanum first. It makes the plum feel much darker. The honey and lemon amber are there just to add sweetness and a slight tang. I’m generally not a honey person, but I don’t mind it here. the citrus is not noticeable on its own; it accents the plum

right now on dry down - this smells to me like a plum coated labdanum with a fruity sweet tail, slight tang at the end. It definitely feels like a more mature heavy fruity smell, where the peach/plum one reads more sweet tart and light to me. 

Note: the label on my bottle just says Plum Blossom but the listing itself that I bought says Plum Blossom Twig. For future reference/sales etc, these are the same fragrance! 

Mm, right away, cream lemon amber is here to play. I recognize this note from the Dead Leaves, Cream Amber, and Lemon Peel HG. Here, it is divorced from dead leaves and has all the creamy warm honeyed amberness and a drop of bitter lemon to play well in hair. It reminds me a bit of some of the GC hair glosses with honey - Honey HG, Hair Loosened, etc. - but with more notes of course. The lemon is not strong, just a nice glitter of citrus, and fades with time, in case it's a note you are not super fond of. (Me!)

The wildflower honey is REALLY going to town. I...can't really smell much plum. Like if you told me to guess what the notes are, I wouldn't have guessed double plum, and plum is my favorite note of all time. It's a beautiful honey, light and shimmery and a hint of floral which probably the plum blossom is helping. There are some pale lilac colors dappling this scent. I am hoping the purple comes out to join the fun over time. If you are a fan of the lab's honey hair glosses, this is another winner with some beautiful lemon cream amber for color.

Sniffing it from the bottle, I get labdanum and honey in that order: sweet perfume, almost reminiscent of some hair product I used back in the early 2000s. Sprayed on, the plum comes out to balance things with fruity tartness, making this unique and refreshing. If there's any lemon amber, I assume it's just amplifying the tartness. 

Overall, my impression is basically a honeyed plum candy perfume, which is not what I was expecting, but delightful nonetheless. I'll need to compare this to Pink Peach Blossoms and White Plum Flowers, but I may want a bottle. 

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I like plum, I like honey, and nothing in the list is a deal-breaker.

In the Bottle: I'm getting a LOT of honey, a bit of plum, and a definite zing of lemon.

On Wet Hair:  No real change yet. This is very much honey, to the level of The Sharing of the Cake Between the Lion and the Unicorn, but with lemon zest.

After Blowdrying: Still strongly honey on me, but the lemon calms down and there's a trace of floral freshness.

Verdict: I like it a lot and am glad I grabbed a bottle.

When i first tried this i mostly got floral i am guessing the plum blossom. I tried this several times but still just florals

I almost put this on ebay but i decided to retest it one last time and finally i got the creamy lemon amber note and it is yummy. So i have decided to keep.

I get more of the other notes, wild plum, wildflower honey as well not familiar with labdanum but in the end the creamy lemon amber changed my mind on this one.

Guess it just needed more time to settle. Glad i didn't get rid of this one.