Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Nightlife Hair Gloss

Tangerine and blood orange with orange blossom, white tea, and citrus musk. 

this is wonderful ! after trying mostly very sweet perfumes, the actual tea in this caught me off guard. it’s a light, crisp white tea followed by citrus- almost like fruit loops but like a grown up version

Such a gorgeous gloss! In the bottle I get mostly a dark, heady orange blossom just like in Orange Blossom & Driftfood. There's a bit of slightly bitter citrus peel underneath. Sprayed I get the fresh crisp tea and more of the citrus musk and zest. Not a juicy sweet scent for sure, a slightly bitter, very grownup citrus. Very sensual. The orange blossom complements it all so well. 

I tested this on a paper towel, in wet hair, and in dry hair.

In all cases, it was mostly like a watered down orange blossom on me, with the harsher elements of the orange blossom softened by the citrus fruits (more tangerine than blood orange to my nose) and musk. There's a burst of white tea with the orange blossom when initially sprayed, but it doesn't end up being a main player on me.

This is a softer hair gloss. It could not compete with my Moona Orange Cream Soda shampoo and conditioner on the day I tried it on wet hair, and I did not get wafts of it on the dry hair day and could only sniff it when I held my hair up to my nose.

I'm not big on orange blossom, and this is nicer than I'd expect a scent with that as a dominant note to be. However, for me, it doesn't even come close to the juicy blood orange and creamy amber wonder that is The Geisha and the Samurai HG, so I don't need a bottle.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I get a laundry detergent kind of generic orange citrus, very cheap smelling. Do HGs need resting as well? I don't really get the other notes of tea or musk, the citrus is quite overpowering. 

On the bright side, it's not sweet. 

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: This was honestly more of an impulse buy since I was getting the rest of the Shunga HGs. I'm not fond of tangerine or blood orange, but I'm always hoping to find a HG with similar cool citrusy vibes like Lightning Storm, which was my favorite gloss for hot days for years.

In the Bottle: Lots of tangerine/blood orange and white tea.

On Wet Hair: The musk comes out and tamps down the tangerine and blood orange, which is fine with me.

After Blowdrying: The orange blossom comes out and balances very nicely with the musk. It's not quite the levels of cool/chilly I was hoping for, but it's very nice.

Verdict: Keeping the bottle. I will use this.

Citrus musk with tea! Tangerine + blood orange balance each other beautifully. Not too sweet, not too dry.  Thankfully the orange blossom doesn't take over. I love it.

I get mostly a very soapy orange blossom, with a little bit of the fresher tangerine and white tea following behind.  I like the strength of this (enough to be noticed, but not overwhelming) and  it isn't a bad scent, but it gives me orange blossom hotel hand soap vibes, and I wish it had a little more depth or dimension. 

Orange blossom galore. Actually, there's a bit of a wisteria tinge. It smells super fresh floral to me.