Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Honey, Lemon Peel, and Salt

Testing the lemon scents tonight, and this is starkly different from Gold Ribbon. This is bright, sharp, and salty. Not too strong on the lemon - it does not turn into Pledge on me, but it does get more and more sour with time (and by sour I mean flavor-sour, not get-this-oil-off-me sour). The honey is barely there, just a drizzle to keep things together. It is so very salty, though. I need a drink just sniffing this.

...it's a lemon margarita with a salt rim!

I'm not sure how much I'm actually going to wear this, but it is a super interesting scent.

I just love idea of three simple, but incredibly different elements coming together. Salty, sweet, tart. It dries down to such a complex, gorgeous scent. In the bottle I get mostly salt and honey, with just a tiny bit of tart lemon peeking out. On my skin it's more sweet than salty, but this is a very light honey. Not ooey-gooey heavy honey, but lightly sweet and reminds me a bit of the skin musk note. The salt roughs it up just a bit and has this beachy vibe, it reminds me of sunscreen in the best way. Not like cloying coconut sunscreen (I love that too tbh) but maybe like the sunscreen your rich childfree aunt brought back from her trip to Capri. The lemon just adds some sparkle to the scent, especially as it dries down. It's sexy in a very pared down, lowkey and carefree kind of way. 

This one is simple and lovely. Well-blended, clean blend of salt and pale, light honey, with a soft, nonaggressive lemon. The lemon pulls off being both as tart as a bit of sass, and nearly as sour as a Tom Collins... but it's still mild.

The image that comes is someone wearing a wide-brimmed white hat and matching capris drinking a Tom Collins on the beach. (Except, does anyone drink those?)

I haven't always gotten along with salt perfumes, but this one is really working. Upgrading to a partial.

i tried this mainly to see what that salt note was all about, since the other notes seemed unobjectionable and easily identified. i suspected it would read as aquatic to me, and i was right.  i'm not generally an aquatics fan, so i can't tell you what flavor is going on here. but i'm not hating it, surprisingly. 

the honey is light, delicate, and sweet. a bit musky.  the lemon peel is pithy and a bit bitter, and i'm digging it muchly. the brighter lemony top note fades from my skin pretty quickly (like it do), but something of the slightly bitter pith is left behind.  eventually it is just lightly musky/sweet, slightly bitter lemon-breath with a touch of salt.  it smells clean and fresh without being soapy or bracing, and i'm thinking it might be a nice one for a hot sticky summer day. 

but listen here. i put this on, then got a little flustered making dinner in a steamy kitchen.  and i started getting this sense of... idk, raunchiness?  not in a stinky way, but very much in a bodily, working-up-a-light sweat in a wink/wink kinda way? like maybe there was some lemony massage oil involved at some point too??  i can't even explain it.  something about that salty sweet musky bitter lemon just triggered something in my brain. 

all that aside, i still like it more than i thought i would. i will probably crave this at odd times, because it's like nothing i've ever smelled before. 

but i don't think i'll wear it around my dad. 

Edited by MamaMoth

Wet: Sweet, bright nectar.

Drydown: The almost-bitter tartness of the lemon peel pours forth, sweetened by a quiet, pale honey note. The barest hint of salt brings out a briney, oceanic quality that really sings alongside the lemon peel. It's oh so zesty, and kind of sexy!

Dry: Musky and stickier once dry, like the honey has thickened and taken over. Almost heady. It actually smells a lot like O splashed with lemonade. It's quite sexual!

7.5 out of 10 bones

I hesitated about this one, because normally I like sweeter lemon scents - loved Penis Bound with Gold Ribbon! - and honey doesn't always work on me, but I ended up really liking Lollipop Sea from the Yules, with that berry + salt note, so I went for it!

And, you know what, I really do like it! It's very very different from Gold Ribbon, which is much more lemon cream and warmth. *This* one is tart and beachy - the salt gives it that seaspray/aquatic-but-not-watery/ocean-air note, but the honey sweetens it again, with a delicate sweetness, and then the lemon brings a sparkling citrus. A couple people have mentioned cocktails, and yes! - it's like a margarita, or something with that sweet-sour note and a salt rim, being sipped outside in the sun by the beach. Good throw and longevity so far, too! I can see this getting a lot of wear as a summer scent.

This gives me a very "expensive sunscreen" vibe. Like, the kind worn by an impossibly glamorous woman dressed all in white, lounging on the deck of a yacht, sipping something with a lemon slice. Very beachy. I am enjoying it in the heat.

This starts off strongest on the lemon peel and salt on me. It takes a long time for the honey to show up, and when it does, it is a very light honey, infused with some of the lemon peel and salt. I'm not even sure I'd recognize it as honey if it weren't labeled as such because it is so light on me. Really, just a drizzle of it.

While this was fun to try, I couldn't see myself reaching for it over other lemon (or salt) scents.

Lemon and salt, and this is definitely a savory honey. Medium throw and wear length. Love that salt note though.