Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Honey, Green Tea, and Khus

Wow, this is a total surprise of a scent! I feel like the notes don't properly convey what you are in for with this Honey trio. Right out of the gate is a sugared lemon, that crystallized sugar that leans into lemon drop candy territory, like the 13 from March 2020. I think it's swirling with the green tea to create a sweetened, crunchy-bits-of-honey kind of drink that is only marginally healthy hehe. The lemon effect never really goes away, just goes from bright and punchy to soft-focus and coy.

I was most anxious to see if the khus - aka VETIVER - would make an appearance in this trio. It truly does not. Not fresh, at least! And this is definitely not KUSH, in case you're worried about a weed smell! I think there is something slightly grassy that emerges as the bright lemon dies down and a sun-warmed quality appears. You may have smelled this in some hay blends before, which sometimes can lean a bit lemony. This one, however, is full on lemon.

I am not a big lemon fan, I was actually hoping for some big-time vetiver, so I won't be upgrading my decant. I can see those who enjoyed that 13 or who WANTED to enjoy it and were just never able to track it down, really loving this Luper. It's in the same ballpark too as The Wellerman and maybe even the Sticky Bat? It's really delicious, very wearable, not at all Lemon Pledge. There will be some fans out there, the challenge will be for the right people to FIND this scent!

Beautiful scent... but not quite the expected.

First, it's quite sweet. A light honey and green tea come brewed with potent white sugar and lemon, but a quite airy, vague floral impression... I can't begin to name what the latter might be. This smells like a green tea (or perhaps it's the honey) that's brewed with overt sugar and lemon added, but also has some inherent floral tones, as a wine can have currant or chocolate notes.

Khus? Nowhere to be seen (or sniffed).

I'm really enjoying this, though it is too lemony when I sample it up close. 

This is a sugary, lemony, green tea candy where the sweetner is honey instead of sugar. The khus doesn't really come out to play. Hopefully it will with some more time. It could benefit from a deeper grassy note to pull it away from the sweetness. 

Edited by biggnerd

The start was so promising and the 3 notes worked so well, untill the drydown decided to stand me up. Not sure what I'm smelling here, but it doesn't resemble any of the 3 notes. Bummer 😕