Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honey and Ylang Ylang starts off with a very heady ylang ylang note shouting over the honey, but over time, the light, golden honey note helps to smooth it over so that it is honeyed ylang ylang and not just ylang ylang with an afterthought of honey (and actually, the honey ends up being slightly stronger after several hours of wear!).

This didn't wow me on its own, but knowing how much I loved the ylang ylang and vanilla in On Wednesday, I Promise You a Phantom, I decided to layer to drops of Antique Lace 2017 with one drop of Honey and Ylang Ylang, and damn, that is such an awesome vanilla and honeyed floral combo! :thud:I highly recommend layering the two if you happen to have both scents. 

I don't need a bottle of this because it's not something I'd slather or wear on its own, but I'm absolutely keeping my decant around to layer with Antique Lace 2017.

When I first put it on this seems like a ylang ylang single note. Ylang ylang is sweet on my skin but it can also be kind of, I don’t know, astringent? Sharp? Like acetone. It’s always hit or miss for me. When it’s a hit I love it, but here I was hoping the honey would mellow it out and it’s not. Will probably swap this one.

This is nearly an ylang ylang single note to start, as others have described. I find a little drop of white/light honey on one of the petals... the amount is comparatively small enough to remind me of a honeysuckle with its miniature yield of nectar.

I'm not a floral scent person, so this doesn't resonate greatly for me, but it could be lovely for someone who can fully appreciate its tropical, blooming fullness.

2 notes i happen to love in 1. at first i get a creamy and somewhat indolic ylang with the bpal honey note that goes a bit sharp and the YY is amping it up in the beginning. the YY note is the strongest. i do love YY but think i prefer it paired with vanilla...like this YY ice cream i had once. however i love the honey note so i am still enjoying this a lot. it's a beautiful voluptuous tropical floral...get this if you like that sort of thing. 

The opening is giving me full on white floral ambush, a bit indolic and dense. The floral part smells more like honeysuckle. As it wears off, the ylang comes out, but surprisingly ends smelling like white soft chrysanthemum petals. I will keep my decant and test it in the fall.

This is a sweeter version of ylang ylang, which I get very loud and clear. The honey just accentuates the ylang ylang. Medium throw and wear length.