Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Chocolate, Strawberry Pulp, and Calvados

I love all of the Lupercalia white chocolate & strawberry blends because the strawberry in them smells realistic (tart, sweet, juicy, refreshing) rather than sickly sweet, artificial or candied.  I was worried about the calvados/brandy here because I don't tend to enjoy boozy scents, but this is just super creamy and smooth.  It reminds me of a fresh strawberry and vanilla milkshake that's milky and icy and not overly sweet (though this is still quite sweet).  I smell this and can imagine a strawberry cream drink in a martini glass, the sort of alcoholic drink where you can't really smell or taste the alcohol, but the flavors and scent are more grownup and sophisticated.  That's what this scent is like <3.

I, too, love the white chocolate and strawberry blends. There's just something about the clean, yet sweetness of the white chocolate that pairs so well with strawberry. I had forgotten what calvados is, but looking it up, it's apple brandy. I wouldn't have guessed it from smelling this. Luckily for me, the brandy doesn't get disgusting on my skin. I think the alcohol ends up coming across as a hint of effervescence, but definitely not boozy. Nor appley. Creamy and smooth is good description for this. It's very springtime for me. I would love to try this as a cocktail.

This started off promising with white chocolate and strawberry but it falls flat after barely a minute on my skin. White chocolate disappears leaving a very normal strawberry. I was hoping for the bright strawberry from Strawberry Moon '09...nope. Hopefully the chocolate will become stronger and stick around longer with some age.

This is a fun, sweet scent! Like other reviewers have said, I really don't get any alcohol from this blend, and I'm not getting much white chocolate either. It maybe lends the strawberry a bit of creaminess, but this is more or less a fun, sweet but not overpowering strawberry. Fades relatively quickly on my skin. I'll probably use up my decant of this, but I don't know that I'll be grabbing myself a full bottle.

This starts off strongest on the white chocolate, but then the chocolate calms down, and it becomes more about the strawberry and calvados over time, settling into a boozy strawberry scent.

It's not bad, but I can't see myself reaching for this over other scents featuring a strawberry note. I wish the white chocolate had stuck around longer on me.