Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Chocolate, Pink Carnation, Coconut Cream, and Clove

Coconut lovers will rejoice, but flormand lovers will weep, because this is mostly a coconut cream party, backed by white chocolate, which only makes the scent richer. It is indeed the same coconut cream used in Giljagaur from the Yule Lad collection (I deathmatched these and found Giljagaur to be significantly less rich and coconut-y), but there's nothing keeping it in check here. The spice from the clove mixed with the coconut cream smells a little odd at first, but it eventually settles down. There's a bit of spice and the feel of smooth pink petals from the carnation, but there's so much coconut cream on me that it's more foodie than flormand.

I'll let this bottle settle for a few weeks and then retest it, but I was really hoping for less coconut and more carnation.

ETA: Added deathmatch info and wanted to note that I swapped this one since it is so coconut-heavy on me.

Edited by doomsday_disco

The spiciness in this is more like cinnamon sugar than clove or carnation, and it smells so good mixed with the coconut cream and white chocolate. 
It's like the best coconut cream pie scent with rich coconut custard, caramelized toasted coconut flakes, and a nicely spicy, sugary crust.  Very strong, long lasting, creamy and sweet.
I bought this because I love carnation and clove, and I don't get any carnation or floral at all, and this smells more like cinnamon than clove on me, but it's such a delicious scent that I'm not even mad about it, lol.

Rich coconut cream! White chocolate and carnations add sweetness. The white chocolate gives me ghost milk vibes. Can't decide how I feel about the addition of the clove. I don't think this scent needed to be spicy, but also the clove doesn't ruin it. It adds a sort of "buzz" to the whole thing. I'd probably buy several bottles if it wasn't for the clove- the coconut cream is incredible.

I bought a bottle of this after reading the reviews. Like the other reviewers, I don't get a ton of carnation from this perfume. I think I occasionally get the impression of some carnation qualities, if that makes sense? I get a whiff of the peppery aspect of carnations sometimes. In the bottle, I can smell the spicy green stem of a freshly-picked carnation. When smelling the perfume on my skin, there's nothing that I can really point out as being carnation, though.

The coconut cream is just as good as promised. It blends very well with the Lab's amazing white chocolate note, making this  perfume a buttery rich gourmand dream. The clove is very woody compared to what I was expecting, almost a bit powdery or dusty. It keeps the whole thing from being too sickly sweet. Luckily, it doesn't go weird on my skin like it sounds like it does for other reviewers.

I adore this! I really wanted a coconut perfume that didn't read as a tropical drink and I think this is it.

I’m surprised that this isn’t more popular.  This is GLORIOUS.  Admittedly I’m a coconut lover and have never met a fume with a floral note that worked for me.  This is definitely all about the coconut, but it’s so soft, creamy and feminine.  I really get zero morphing.  For me it’s the same in the bottle as it is wet and dry, and it is lovely.  It’s unmistakably coconut but not at all like my other coconut faves, Eden and Obatala.  It’s very much like opening a can of coconut cream but with some sweetness from the white chocolate. This was a rare love at first sniff and believe I’ll be getting a backup!

Update: Hours later when I’m going to bed it’s a super soft and slightly sweet white chocolate.  

Edited by JakkieTreehorn

Goes on as a big billow of coconut cream and white chocolate, which is lovely! As it dries a swirl of spices comes up - peppery carnation and clove! And then the spices pull back, and the whole thing settles into a soft sweet cream with, like...if it were a pie it would have a crust with some spices in it, cinnamon, pepper, things like that.

Started with large throw, but has settled down, though I didn't put too much on because it's very loud initially! But when I move my arm I notice it wafting up - nice for today's gloomy weather!

Starts off as nutty coconut and white chocolate with a little warmth from the clove. It smells like a white chocolate coconut syrup. Eventually the clove peeps out and then goes away. It settles down to sweet coconut cream. I don't get any carnation, which is disappointing. 

Well I don't think this one's gonna work on me, yet. It might be the coconut or the blend of the notes, but something is making this go plastic on me, which is a shame. Toasty coconut plastic.

I was hoping for something akin to The Last Unicorn or Lavanila Coconut, but there is a toasted bit in this that isn't going right sadly. I'll hold on to it and let it age, maybe I'll get more of what others are getting. Could be my nose is still not up to snuff. :rasp:

Dangit, dude.

Freshly applied: Creamy, almost chalky coconut cream swirled in white chocolate. 

Drying and dry: A sprinkle of clove mingles with the predominant creamy coconut-chocolate-vanilla thing going on. It's a soft sprinkle, only hinting at the clove, and it's also a teeny bit peppery and white-sugary to me. But I mean really teeny. It's a playful amount, not a commitment.

And once this is dry, I get some well-blended, cushiony-soft carnation bloom as well. It's mingling so well with the coconut cream and white chocolate that I don't find a clear line, and I love it.

I passed on this one at first, but eventually blind bottled it because of coconut cream cravings and the other reviews. I'm happy to have it.

Wow, just the white chocolate and coconut hit me at first, and what a buttery, rich, fragrant confection. Can I eat my arm?? I’m not getting the spice of carnation and clove to be honest. But what I have is a luscious creamy coconut, so does that really matter? New favorite coconut scent, even if a couple of the notes are AWOL.

Carnation, clove, and a whiff of chocolate. This one was mainly a spicy carnation blend on me. Medium throw and wear length.