Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dark Chocolate, Whiskey, and Hazelnut Cream

Saw this scent listed, and it was an instant buy! I was hoping for a box o' chocolate scent like this. Reminds me of the ones that came out... what... over a decade ago? Anyway, sniffing in the bottle, yes!! The dark chocolate and whiskey are the notes I detect first. There is a mild nutty cream to it. On my skin, it is heaven!! RICH dark chocolate and smooth whiskey with the hazelnut cream, I really want a bite of this! :) This is rich and deep! Foody/gourmand lovers need this ASAP. This is well balanced and not sweet, but foody and grown up! As it dries, it stays rich. The whiskey isn't 'boozy' but it has that edge that keeps the chocolate and hazelnut cream from being overly sweet. I love this! Might need a BU bottle!!!

This is super rich and chocolatey in the bottle and freshly applied, with the whiskey a zingy undercurrent, but the long-term drydown is much different. It's still rich but much less sweet. It reminds me a little of TokyoMilk's Bittersweet, which has totally different secondary notes, but also turns into a dry, non-gourmand cocoa scent. It has a bit of throw at first, sticks close to the skin once it dries, and lasts several hours.

Very rich, nutty chocolate. It actually smells like a whiskey dark chocolate truffle. The whiskey doesn't smell sharp and boozy like in a mixed drink, but rather sweet and a bit woody in the way that you would expect to find in a whiskey-flavored sweet. The hazelnut cream doesn't read as very nutty to me, but I think it's adding the deep richness to this perfume. The chocolate itself is definitely dark and bitter, which works quite well alongside the sweeter whiskey and hazelnut cream notes.

It's a very straightforward perfume, but it really nails the concept. Sometimes chocolate notes in perfume can smell artificial, but this smells like actual dark chocolate to me. I love it, it's very yummy.

Ooof, for me this did NOT go the way I wanted it too.  In the bottle it smells like rich dark chocolate and a hint of boozy Nutella.  On my skin it is immediately all whiskey with a hint of dark chocolate.  No delicious boozy Nutella here 😭.

I took a chance on this even though whiskey doesn’t typically work for me.  I so wish I got what the other reviewers get from this, but alas, it is, as I feared it would be, and maybe even worse.  The longer I wear it the more I smell like I did every Saturday morning until I had kids…like sweaty Jameson hangover and the regret of waking up next to, whoever the hell that is 🤣🤷‍♀️.

Edited by JakkieTreehorn

Truly a semi-sweet dark chocolate, with whiskey dominating on the skin. More like the whiskey in my fav Weed and Whiskey duet than say, Mad Sweeney. I like the subtlety of the dark chocolate with a touch of creamy richness, but there's nothing recognizably hazelnut for me. Has decent throw and weartime.

Rich dark chocolate with nice depth, and some hot-beverage-vibe hazelnut cream. 

When this first arrived, I also got a lot of whiskey. But now it's been a month or so, and I'm not really picking that up anymore. This is okay with me... my happy is centered in the other notes.

Sans the whiskey, this has planted itself in foodie-land. It smells to me like a delicious hot liquid dessert, an unusually rich winter beverage.

Wet there's an initial funk that for whatever reason my skin just does with the Lab's chocolate note and not much else. Once it settles down a bit, there's a lovely dark chocolate and whiskey that reminds me of those dark chocolate oranges at Christmastime. There's no orange, and yet...dark chocolate orange. Fully dry, this is a smooth dark chocolate and hazelnut cream; the whiskey has gone all mellow and is just sort of hanging in the background. This is first of the Luper chocolates that's worked for me, and is a definite bottle upgrade.

Starts off with a gorgeous bitter dark chocolate, not too bitter though it is still sweet and mouth watering. Then the whiskey note comes out after dry down it’s like one of those chocolates with a little booze added. It’s grown up chocolate. The hazelnut cream keeps it all grounded and decadent. It’s got great throw at first but relaxes quickly, and medium staying power on me. 🍫🥃🌰