Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Stainless Steel Dildo

Space Age technology: gleaming polished steel and a buzzy floral aldehyde. 

This is a fun one! It isn't all floral, but rather metallic, & I kind of get a remembrance of the saffron note in another BPAL. This is gleaming & electric, sharp & sparkly. My mind sees a field of metallic flowers glittering, with a blinding shine from the sunlight. This is the 2nd time I've encountered aldehyde so I'm having trouble explaining what it exactly smells like to me, but overall this scent is like a pleasant combo of metal shavings with a slight floral aldehyde. I'd classify this in the cologne category rather than perfume.

Edited by Rane.

I wasn't originally going to try this one, but I heard this wasn't a traditional metallic scent, so my interested was piqued. 

And it is different than the Lab's other metallic scents!

In the decant, I get strong, sparkling aldehyde and some eucalyptus as well as some kind of floral note and some musk. It actually smells promising in the decant!

On me, it's all powdery floral musk with a little fizzy, slightly citrusy aldehyde and some metallic sharpness in the background, but the sharpness is really smoothed over by the musk. I wish it weren't so powdery on me. :( I don't know why my skin chemistry had to run away with the floral note and the musk, but it did.

And the throw is huge.

It was nice to be able to try this, but I'll stick with Spurious Cooter Bees for a fizzy scent.

I mean... yes. "Buzzy floral aldehyde" is as described!

Behind that, I pick up a tinny metallic steel note, and like @doomsday_disco, something breathy and cool and mentholic like eucalyptus.

Despite its eucalyptus vibe, this blend carries for me a highly artificial mood, if that makes sense. This is a scent about a constructed thing, electric and made, and it smells like it.

It's not my style, but it's been an experience to try.

This is such a fun one.  In the bottle:  Fizzy, fruity aldehyde; reminds me of Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel a little bit, for fans of that.  On, wet:  Getting a combo of a bit of sharp herbal notes and a tiny hint of...grape?  Dries down to stay very close to the skin, low throw...getting a sheer light aldehyde with pops of stainless steel almost.  Very low throw and alas short wear length, OTOH this would make a great scent for a very hot day when you don't want to sweat out clouds of heavy stuff.  Very pretty actually, in a sophisticated way.

I'm really in danger with these Lupers 😅 This is another scent I was convinced I wouldn't like but decided to take a chance on anyway, and, although my wallet might not be, I'm so glad I did! I agree that it's not a typically "metallic" scent (i.e. doesn't smell like wet metal), although it does feel metallic. It's very light and sharp and kind of bubbly. Can't really pinpoint what exactly I'm smelling, but it feels very sophisticated and masculine to me. Loving this for a hot day!

Was sent a tester of this in with my decant order.

Wet: boy, "buzzy aldehyde" is accurate - this is a bouncy gingery ozone that tingles the nose over something sleek. Musky steel?

Dry stage: much the same as wet. This is almost as much of a sensation as it is a smell; like ginger beer soda bubbles going up your nose. That sleek steel/musk undertone is sweeter and stronger now.

It's such an unique interesting scent that I'm tempted to pick up more of it.

Not mincing words here - this smells like a sexbot.

Buzzy, fizzy, bright and gleaming. I don't often label scents as 'humorous' but that's what this is. It's so funny. I adore this. 

this one is addictive. I’m actually considering tracking down a full size of it and i RARELY do that with anything nebulously floral. it’s just so goddamned WEIRD i love it. It really does have the smell and “experience” of metal? if that makes sense? and the aldehydes make it lean very perfumey- a quality I usually an not a fan of in my ‘fumes. but this one smells like you’re cracking open a floral lacroix next to a bunch of very sparkly machinery. i kept sniffing myself when i tried it yesterday.