Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A shockingly stiff and lightly oiled symmikto proto-baguette with a dribble of sweet cream. 

Olisbokollike is another blend that I am going to have to hoard multiple bottles of.  It's definitely a savory *and* sweet scent.  It's like rye bread's distinctive, savory spiciness next to a batch of Hawaiian sweet rolls and olive tapenade (salty, olive oil-y, herbal, rich and mouthwatering).  I love bread scents and this one is so unique and strong and really makes me feel like I should be sitting in front of a delicious selection of fresh baked breads and flavored olive oils for dipping.  I can definitely smell the sweet cream as well, but it melds into the bread to just enhance the bread and make it smell moist and lightly sweet and very realistic.  I had a friend smell this on me in the drydown and they said I smelled just like Hawaiian rolls.  So I smell amazing ^_^

I love it when I find a gourmand fragrance that is something new and surprising, and this one is so enjoyable.

To me, this is not like the Lab's other bread scents. It's not rye or milk bread, it is truly a baguette! You can smell the crunchy crust and the soft inside of the baguette with dabs of sweet cream and honey. Over time, the cream gains strength and becomes more buttery, and the honey gets a little stronger as well, but it is still a light, pale honey that doesn't dominate the scent (for those who want to smell like a baguette but are afraid of honey!). By the end of the day, it smells like buttery cream and a light honey drizzled over the soft inside of a baguette.

Now I want to go to Bouchon and eat one of those free baguettes that they give you with brunch. :lol: 

I really like this, but I am not sure how often I will want to smell like a baguette. :think: I am going to keep my decant and ponder on whether or not I'll need a bottle. (The more I sniff it, the more I think I probably will.)

Edited by doomsday_disco

Yep, that's a baguette! It's a very crunchy bread in the bottle and on initial application. As it dries, the sweet cream comes out and brings it closer to Hawaiian Roll status. I love gourmands and bread scents especially, so I like this one! That being said, the "crunchy" quality is almost reading as toasted, almost burnt, bread, and I'm not sure if I like that aspect enough to FS it.

As Little Bird said, it smells like sweet Hawaiian rolls! It’s not really giving  salty or crusty like a baguette – this is like pillow-soft tear-apart bread with plenty of cream. It will be nice for laying, I”m thinking with chocolate scents especially.

In the Decant: A loaf of rye bread.

Wet: Still that rye bread smell but also the crusty bread smell of a skinny French baguette. And then the cream note hits you in the face, all artificial popcorn butter smelling.

Dry Stage 1: Lots of cloying cream over bread. We're in headache territory but I'm curious what will happen next so I don't scrub it off.

Dry Stage 2: After the first hour, this improves a lot. I get a nice bakery smell under a creamy sweetness. It has a moderate amount of throw and high sillage. I wore this while gardening yesterday and could smell the scent path I left as I went back and forth from the yard to the house. Impressive!

This fades after about six hours to a vague, sweet, skin-close scent. Every time I test it, it's a little different, so I'm thinking this either needs quite a bit of time to become stable, or it's very responsive to hormone cycles. I am confused by this perfume, but also interested. I kinda want a bottle just because it's such a strange experience.

in the vial, uh.  this is bread.  crusty outside, soft inside, cut off a hunk and slather it in butter.  like the little wheat-y loaves they bring out for starters at a steakhouse, with a knife sticking out of the wooden cutting board, and a big slab of butter beside it.

ok but like SERIOUSLY.  BREAD.  sometimes people are like "oh this oil smells like my puppy's paws after he's run through snow-covered daffodils", or "this smells precisely like a cupcake with PURPLE icing and PINK sprinkles."  and i'm  like... ok.  it smells good, but i'm not getting all that.  but ThIS SmElLS liKe FuCKiNg bReaD and i don't even know how to handle that.  there's black magic involved here, obvs.  i mean what accords and absolutes and elixirs does one even concoct that resemble BREAD?? the mind boggles.

so I apply it asap, because duh.  i very much want to smell like buttered bread.  (don't judge me.  i've been off carbs for like 3 years now.)  And once it hits skin, it starts changing.  before long it doesn't really smell a lot like bread anymore, and I'm a little sad.  But it smells REALLY good, so I'm less sad.  What does this even smell like?  There is a vague yeasty/savory under-tone to it, yes.  But it's all about that sweet buttery cream now.  The cream has none of the twang to it that i find with some milk/cream notes. (which i generally do like, but it's not to be found here.  it's just sweet creamy cream.)  it's not super rich, it's light and sweet, a little buttery, and damned delicious.  what was the bread is now the base layer under that lovely cream.  Strangely, I'm getting kind of a Boo vibe from it.  More foody, obviously.  But that bread note is kind of reading to me as white and clean, under a layer of sweet cream.  or not.  i dunno, that may be a weird comparison.  i'm kind of punch drunk from experiencing BREAD PERFUME.

do i need i bottle of this?  i think i might need a bottle of bread perfume.  because it is perfume.  that smells like bread.

eta:  yeah, no.  i stand behind my boo comparison.  after a couple of hours on my skin, they're VERY close cousins.  siblings even, maybe.

Edited by MamaMoth

No lie: I got a sample of this just 'cause I liked the phrase "proto-baguette."

"Proto-baguette." [Sold.]

So, I guess I had a personal, hidden "proto-baguette" button that could be pushed and I would buy something. I did not know.

Freshly applied, this smells like baguette. Very a lot like baguette: crusty crust, bready bread. For a second or two, I fear that the sharp, newly broken edge of the crust will damage some soft tissue in my mouth as I take a bite. There's a little dribble of cream, but mostly, this is baguette.

Then, y'know, my skin happens. Butter. All the butter... Butter for miles, butter reaching forward to the future and arcing back to the past. Proto-butter.

Maybe this wasn't a win exactly, but at least the proto-baguette button got its due.

Crusty bread, lightly sweetened cream and a bit of butter. Absolutely delicious and inviting.