Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Metallic bronze musk, 6-year aged patchouli, and deep russet amber speckled with a patina of dark oakmoss, green cardamom, and tonka. 

Is there any other company out there using ancient crafted dildos as concept art for fragrances? I highly doubt it. And that in itself should raise the level of creative respect for BPAL way past the point of wherever it already was in your mind. 

The notes in this intrigued me, as I do generally like all of these things. I think the only other perfume I have had with a metallic note has been Witchblade, where you can definitely smell warm, red glowing metal and it’s intoxicating. 

In the bottle this is all green cardamom and the bronze musk, it definitely conjures up the image of what it’s supposed to in your brain. Like finding it amongst mossy ruins on a cool, sunny day.

I’m smelling it on my wrists now and I am getting the deep amber note with the oakmoss (I fucking love oakmoss just FYI) and the sweet warmth of the Tonka. This is so beautiful and different than anything I currently have. I can’t tell yet what the staying power is but I think it’s going to be good. 

Edited by Geminirubyshoes

Oh I like this. I am not usually fond of anything "metallic" because it can be high-pitched and screechy to my nose, but this is a well-loved, well-cared-for dildo that smells more foresty-woody than bronze-y. Musk  and oakmoss are at the forefront, with the cardamom giving it just a little zing, and the amber/patchouli/tonka keep it smooth. This reminds me of some of my Serge Lutens perfumes - it smells really expensive. Depending on how this ages over the next few weeks, I might have to get another bottle in my next order...

If you like green cardamom, this will be a win. If it turns your stomach like it turns mine - that is all you will smell.

This is sad, because I like the iron note and it's the same one I smell from Warrior Couple. But there is something about the greenness of that darn cardamom spice that is so pungent and stabby to me, that it makes this a huge no. This DOES smell quite bronzey, and like, not a polished bronze, more like a coppery bronze. I kind of get that old pennies smell from it. If you like that, here's a scent for you! 

Bronze Dildo is unfortunately a pass for me, thanks green cardamom. I get a similar effect from Scientific Occult and Inexplicable, which makes me wonder if card snuck into there too.  

I'd like to comment on the other notes, but I can't even smell them /o\ 

I'm just laughing as I test this one - I can tell there are other notes but all I smell is effing cumin. Good grief! If this is what green cardamom smells like, I shall remember to steer clear.

I keep sniffing the bottle to see if the 'cumin' will wear off...not yet. I will hold onto my bottle in hopes the other notes do what I was hoping for when I bought this...it could happen. If it does happen, it will be epic.

Edited by HerbGirl

How does this actually smell thousands of years old, but in a good way?

I've never met a bronze musk before, but it is stunning. And with patchouli and russet amber and oakmoss?! This is so warm and strikingly unique. I do seem to be getting a tiny bit of skin tingling sensation from it, which is probably cardamom? But to my nose, the cardamom seems lightly dusted over the top of the other notes, and I wouldn't call this spicy. 

This is nice, but it surprised me - I think I expected a more metallic note out of it. In the bottle, I get all musk and amber sweetness, with a bit of patchouli. On me, though, the patchouli amps way up and it goes a little soapy. I haven't yet decided if it's a keeper or not.

Edited by Prolixity

This is all kinds of wrong on me. Even in the vial, I just smell cumin... cumin and orange or citrus. I don't know if the secret cumin is what's supposed to be the cardamom or if it is the bronze part of the bronze musk. I think the metallic part of the scent is contributing the citrus aspect I'm getting with it. I stuck through this for four and a half hours and yep, just cumin and sharp citrus-tinged metal, with some powdery oakmoss behind those notes, but no patch, amber, or tonka on me, sadly.

In the decant: Musk and patchouli. I definitely get more woody (pun intended) than metal, though.

On my skin:

Wet, there's a little bit of metal and a lot of stank. Like, I'm double-checking that there's no oud listed. As it dries, the stank dials back, though so does the metallic note. The green cardamom also starts to come out, so it's that plus patchouli now.

Um. And that's where it stays.

So. I think this is not my favorite.

Metallic cumin over russet amber.

This turns... more chemical and less cumin and amber on me as it dries. I seem to be on a chemical streak...

So, metallic chemicals, kinda? It seems this one does not quite work out.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, starbrow said:

If you like green cardamom, this will be a win. If it turns your stomach like it turns mine - that is all you will smell.

This is sad, because I like the iron note and it's the same one I smell from Warrior Couple. But there is something about the greenness of that darn cardamom spice that is so pungent and stabby to me, that it makes this a huge no. This DOES smell quite bronzey, and like, not a polished bronze, more like a coppery bronze. I kind of get that old pennies smell from it. If you like that, here's a scent for you! 

Bronze Dildo is unfortunately a pass for me, thanks green cardamom. I get a similar effect from Scientific Occult and Inexplicable, which makes me wonder if card snuck into there too.  

I'd like to comment on the other notes, but I can't even smell them /o\ 

Oh my goodness, I just made the same observation re: Scientific, Occult, and Inexplicable! I didn't think I could swing this, but once the sharp metal calms down, it's actually very pleasing and elegant (?).

yeah, there's something sharp and acrid here that's definitely not doing it for me.  hella metallic, so spot on with the inspo.  but oof. 

as it settles in, that sharpness thankfully dulls.  now it's a pretty nice musky oakmoss with just enough of the sharpness left to pique the nose.  to me oakmoss always smells like it's for the gents, and this is no exception.  coupled with that brutal opening salvo, this one is a solid miss for me. 

Metallic bronze musk, indeed! This is amazing. The initial scent is a metallic and musky blast. Fortunately, the rest of the notes come in a whoosh of scent after the dry down, keeping this from going screechy in my nose.  Patch, amber, and oakmoss- check! I do not get cumin from the green cardamom, thankfully, as I don't care for cumin as scent or seasoning. The tonka rounds it out with a sweetness. 

This is a prettier scent than I had expected! 

Spicy chicken! Cumin, oakmoss and musk. But yeah, at first whiff, smells like spicy chicken. Medium throw and wear length.

This is absolutely the sort of thing I would put next to my Mars Ultor bottles as an "everyday" unobtrusive masc scent. That metallic note is SO realistic, it's almost aquatic, but the oakmoss prevents this from turning to dryer sheets on me. The cardamom lends a touch of spice (and thank goodness it's not turning to cumin like others have mentioned!). In the end, it dries down to a slightly sweet patch. Earthy without feeling dirty. I need a bottle, yesterday. 

Metal, cumin, somewhat stanky patch, and something stabby-sharp and a bit citrusy.  This smells... strange on me.  It does smell of a metal dildo, and not in a nice way.