Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

And Though They Are With You Yet They Belong Not To You

And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, Speak to us of Children.
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

A gentle vanilla sandalwood blend, serene but mighty.
Edited by Seajewel

Fresh out of the mailbox, & it's exactly what I'd hoped. Smooth vanilla & delicate sandalwood in balance. It's kind of perfect :wub2:

The vanilla in AND THOUGH is not gourmand on my skin. It harmonizes beautifully with the light spiciness of the sandalwood. I agree that this is a serene blend. It's early days, but I'm pretty sure I'll want a backup bottle. 

Edited to add: Yeah, it's perfect.  Backup bottle on the way. Low throw, simple yet sophisticated.

Edited by Teamama
More

Simple, elegant, and lovely. A fragrant (but not overpowering) sandalwood with a sweet (but nonfoody) vanilla, perfectly balanced. It's a soft scent without a ton of throw, but has good longevity. Fans of Like A Girl, wood-and-vanilla duets, or the NAVA sandalwood-vanilla blends would definitely enjoy this. I think this will layer beautifully and be a great gentle scent for work environments.

Absolutely adore this one!! Very simple, straightforward, and comforting scent. The vanilla is beautiful and not overly heavy, gourmand, or cloyingly sweet—just a really lovely warm, balanced addition to the gentle sandalwood. Definitely going to become a go-to for me! Perfect for more subdued settings or when I don't want to wear anything overpowering or particularly exotic.

This is soft, gentle, and almost tween-like. Love the sandalwood, but the vanilla is threatening to go plasticky candle vanilla on me. It hasn't done it yet, but I'm afraid it'll go that way and has that little whiff of it. I'm not sure it's a deal breaker yet. It's definitely low throw and skin-hugging. If you're looking for that, I think you'll love it. I'm going to let mine age. 

I was excited about this scent for a number of reasons, and it does not disappoint. The vanilla is warm and comforting and the sandalwood is beautiful. I’ll echo that this is a scent that stays close to the skin, and is simplistic enough that one could easily use it for layering.

I will be getting backups of this one!

It reminds me of a vanilla scent I had back in the 90s - when everything was awash in horrible fake vanilla perfumes but somewhere I found a really good one. The vanilla here is grounded by the sandalwood, so although it comes across as primarily 'vanilla', there's no baked-good/sugary overtones at all. Just a deep warmth.

On me this smells almost identical to Mikado Saloon HG and I could not be happier because I've been wanting a perfume version of that for years. Absolutely gorgeous and much better staying power than other vanilla sandalwood blends I've tried from the lab.

Sandalwood! And vanilla! This is a very loud scent on me - the loudest of all three I'm testing right now!

It's very well balanced; I get...well, exactly what it says, in equal proportion: a lightly spicy sandalwood, and a warm vanilla. Simple, uncomplicated, very pretty. I used to have a big carved sandalwood fan that was a present from a world-traveler great-aunt, and I'm having a billow of scent memory: wafting that around and smelling the spiced breeze of it, softened by being carried around in luggage and wrapped up in cloths and then hung on my wall in California warmth.

Awesome Husband thinks it's a little too sandalwood for his taste, but he's also picky about scents!

This is such a lovely blend. The vanilla is my favorite kind of vanilla from the lab. Its a very soft, comforting vanilla. It's not a foodie vanilla on me. The sandalwood is warm and not over powering. On me it is a 50/50 blend between the sandalwood and vanilla. One doesn't take over from the other, they just blend together beautifully. It has great throw and wear length. I think I may need another bottle! 

This is lovely. I'd forgotten the scent description and the decant had none, so on it went. Oh my. It starts off an ok blend, but the sandalwood really pops as it dries down. This might be the best sandalwood scent I've ever tried 💕

This is a warm, comforting scent, perfect for the theme of the fundraiser, like a hug and someone assuring you everything is going to be ok. And it’s exactly what it says on the tin on me. The vanilla is warm and cozy, and the sandalwood is soft. 💕 This is so simple but also perfect as is, would not change a thing. I’ve been applying it before bed, even though I wouldn’t call it a sleepy scent, because it’s just so pleasant and as I said, comforting.

Edited by Beary Strange

For me the vanilla is a dead ringer for the fancy baking vanilla and the sandalwood is very subtle, initially smoky and with a very organic twinge to it on the drydown. I can't stop smelling it. 

THIS is the sandalwood i'm always looking for, but so rarely find.  i wish i knew what variety it was, but alas i am too poor to buy a variety of sandalwood oils to pinpoint it.  it has a sweet, clean, perfumey quality that almost reads as a softly woodsy skin musk to me.  just divine. my sandalwood holy grail. 

that wonderful sandalwood is paired with an equally wonderful vanilla.  it's so full-bodied and rich... i want to say almost buttery, but it's not a foody vanilla.  it rounds out that perfect sandalwood and they sing in perfect two-note harmony.  sweetly perfumey but also warm.  i really love this. 

Edited by MamaMoth

What a gorgeous fluffy vanilla with delicate sandalwood when first applied. Ah.

But, after a moment, this sweet duet is overtaken by the loud orchestra of a perfumey skin musk. I keep sniffing, trying to recapture the beauty of the initial pairing... and each time get a snoot full of musk. Perfumey, powdery musk. The beauty is obscured behind it. It's a fog of war.

I can't wear this sort of musk or my ampage of it, but I enjoyed this blend's initial life on my skin.

This is the best sandalwood vanilla I have ever smelled. Finally!!!

Simple, elegant, beautiful. Sandalwood and vanilla. A coworker said it made her want to do yoga lol. It does have a very calm, serene, content vibe. Will need a bottle, it’s just one of those perfect scents.

In the bottle and on the skin, this is a rich, buttery vanilla -- not full-on gourmand and doesn't run the risk of going plasticky, but it's noticeably rounder and sweeter than the dry, husky vanilla of scents like Cognac-Stained Sheet Ghost. The sandalwood is soft, dry, and helps moderate the richness of the vanilla note. This is bringing up scent memories of vanilla perfumes I wore in the '90s -- this is like a grown-up, more sophisticated version of those. Sticks close to the skin. Might be backup-worthy.

This smells so bad on me, but I must be the only one! On the wand it smells perfectly lovely, but my skin chemistry makes this go musty and flat 😭

Gonna try it in the locket, but I'm much happier with You May House Their Bodies.

This is quite lovely. The vanilla is rich and sweet. It threatens to go plastic on my skin but thankfully as the scent dries it loses that quality. The sandalwood comes out more the longer I wear this perfume. It's woody and dry, but it pairs well with the richness of the vanilla.

This one is beautiful in its simplicity. It's very easy to wear and lovely.

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Vanilla and sandalwood are two great scents that go great together. I'm glad chatter about it came up in the Discord, otherwise I would have missed it.

In the bottle: More sandalwood than anything else, but a very sweet undertone that is probably the vanilla.

Wet: And now it's more vanilla than anything else. But it's staying very close to my skin, with almost no throw.

Drydown: The sandalwood comes out more, and for me it's a really balanced presence. Woodsy but not too woodsy, sweet but not too sweet.

Verdict: Potentially an excellent work scent, given the lack of throw. I like it a lot.

Well my quest for the PERFECT sandalwood fragrance has ended here, so incredibly lovely in its simplistic bliss.

Just a warm, woody aroma dressed in rich vanilla very much like Antique Lace to me. 
Its a little like an ice cream shop with big scoops of vanilla served in freshly carved sandalwood cones. I know that's a bit weird but if i've ever wanted sandalwood ice cream, its NOW. 

Edited by Jenjin

At first, I couldn't catch the sandalwood in this blend. Months and months later I tried it again to find the most beautiful mix of (ever so slightly spicy) sandalwood and vanilla. It wears close to the skin and is a perfect scent for all.