Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rain-spattered, shimmering soft green mosses, mints, matcha, jasmine, cardamom, chestnut, pine needle, and sweet labdanum. 

mmmmm, this is absolutely stunning delicate greenery. feels very ethereal and hazy. i dont think ive smelled anything quite like this - i just keep wanting to sniff my wrist.

moss and matcha and jasmine, pine and cardamom - just really beautiful. 

i feel like this plays almost "absinthe-y" in a way, without ever actually being as overwhelming, sugary or boozey.

if you wanted a green scent that wasn't "fresh cut grass & plants" (reaaaalllyy not my thing) 

but more of a "sexy and refined green lounge perfume" - this is a total stunner. 

will test out more and update if i think i need to! but right now i am really stoked that i grabbed this one!

Edited by rivetted

It's been raining the last couple of days over here, and so I figured the atmosphere was right for me to test this one out.

In the bottle:

Pine scented bathroom air freshener. The pine notes really smack you in the face, to the extent where I couldn't really smell anything else.

On me:

So much more amazingly complex than I expected, the moss notes and jasmine really hold their own once it's actually on your skin. 'Green' is just a good way to put it, it's just lovely. As it's worn over the last couple of hours and after a nap, the pine note has stripped away considerably, leaving a lot more of those sweeter notes of jasmine and mint lingering (although I tend to throw sweet, so that part may just be me).

I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to A Tudor House In Moonlight, and I'm tempted to see how it plays with some of my other mossier scents like Oberon or Robin Goodfellow, maybe even Druid once I get around to trying it.

This is an odd one, hard to pin down, with lots of not.es swirling in and out of a misty backdrop.  The petrichor and moss are definitely there, and the best way I can describe the rest of it is like a floral tea, with the jasmine present, but not really "flowery", mixing with a discordant mélange of herbs. It smells "impressionistic" to me, with everything sort of soft and fuzzing together.  In the dry down, it comes together into a silvery musk, deepened by the labdanum, which is, I think, what rivetted is comparing to absinthe.  I can see what she means, but this is less bright and lemony. It's still got that powdery herbal feel though.  

Unique, and an enjoyable scent journey, though this isn't something I'd wear much.  I wouldn't let the jasmine scare you away from this one though, if the other notes sound promising.

This is strongest on the rain-covered mosses on me (possibly because I have a tendency to amp moss notes), but the supporting players change a lot in this one. At first, it's rain-covered moss and pine with a bit of jasmine. Then the pine is quick to disappear, and the jasmine becomes more noticeable, without being heady. Then the mint joins the fray, but these are soft mints and are more like a some mint leaves in a tea than some bracing mint. Then the chestnut appears, and it adds a lovely nutty warmth to the scent in contrast with the rained on moss and subtle mint. Finally, the sweet labdanum joins the party, adding a slight cola-like sweetness to the scent that doesn't end up dominating the scent on me like it usually does (huzzah!). I never was able to detect any cardamom or matcha in this, and aside from the pine, the other notes haven't disappeared -- they've just shifted around from time to time, allowing each one to have their time to shine. By the end of the day, I get the sweet cola-like labdanum and warm chestnut over a bed of rained on moss with some soft jasmine and the tiniest bit of mint.

This one is a morpher! I really enjoyed the scent experience, but I think just the decant will be enough.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This was lemony clean as all get out and did not really morph much for me. Bright, crisp lemon and a little piney, screaming to start and still a wail to finish. I didn't get any of the cardamon, chestnut, or really anything sweet as I had imagined. Just the things I hoped would be sedate, all at the forefront. Knowing it should have matcha and jasmine, I can find a dry green tea if I look for it. No mint. It reminds me of The Silver Parlour HG, so I'm guessing it's consistent with the Lab's 'silver' and 'moon' vibes. Should've been a cue to me, but I was wanted to see how those notes blend with the other interesting bit here. For me, they just didn't appear.

If you like a cool, shivering, astringent lemon, this is really going to hit the spot. But for me, I have negative associations with a particular lemon/lime/pine floor cleaning product, and this nails it. 

Ugh. Why do I smell poudh??? I also smell mint but neither of these makes me want to ever try this again. I tried to bear it for almost an hour waiting for something good to happen but had to scrub it off, which took some time and effort. Glad it was a decant. 

Silvery Moonbeams sits on me as a rainy, minty, matcha tea powder poof. The rain, mint, and matcha are pretty together... and now some pine and mosses are peeking through... but they are all almost thoroughly entombed in pale powder.

This is mostly white musk-ish powder dialed to 11, with teasing glimpses of something more refreshing.

In the imp I get a kaleidoscope of greens all spattered by rain. Cool spiky pine, warm vegetal matcha, and dewy clean moss all dusted by sweet cardamom. On my skin it gets warmer and sweeter, I suspect from the labdanum. As it dries I get mostly a sweet, cardamom dusted moss scent with hints of pine and tea.