Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cameo Chaperone

Tulips scattered over silvery musk, ambrette seed, black orchid, and red benzoin. 

Pretty! These tulip petals are still living, that's how velvety and cool they are, with little flecks of water dancing on their surface. I'm reminded a bit of Vial of Holy Water, as well as of course Amsterdam. The silvery musk has a glassy sheen that is a little metallic and a lot shiny. It isn't dryer sheet white musk! An elegant and understated cool, watercolor tulips scent.

I am totally not getting any ambrette seed, black orchid, or red benzoin. Alas, those were my most hoped-for notes in Cameo Chaperone. I will revisit in a few weeks to see if they develop. Fresh, this is a first-two-notes-only blend. It's so similar to Amsterdam right now, I am not tempted to get any more of it.

This was the first Luper in my cart. For some reason I absolutely needed it. I was right. I don't even care that I have no clue what is going on behind the tulips (there is a lot subtly going on) because it is SO pretty. So tulip! So glad to have a bottle.

Ooohhhh...I can smell the black orchid note now...wow!

Edited by HerbGirl

These are the proper partners for tulip. Totally different from blends of the past. Red benzoin, black orchid, and musk make the tulip note COME ALIVE. Like holding a real bunch of tulips in your warm hand.  Totally not a spring flower cacophony. Love it!

Beautiful, soft cool floral.  Like a fancy lotion in a high end remote hotel that you have to pay through the nose to stay at😖. Sophisticated, lovely.  I think an Angel could smell like this.  Tulip is the main player, which is kind of rare, but all the other notes just raise her up.  Nothing like I’ve ever smelled before 💕💕💕

From a decant two months rested.

Kind of a creamy, soft floral with almost a fruity tone? Looking at the scent notes I can definitely see the benzoin and the ambrette seed and musk giving it that creamy, musky roundness. The floral notes I don't know how to describe, except cool and that this is practically juicy.

I would say the high-end hotel lotion comparison is apt; it just smells rich and luxurious. This is a sophisticated, feminine floral musk.

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on this one.

On me Cameo Chaperone is a lush, cool floral. I can smell the silvery musk and tulips the most, with a hint of the orchid and amaretto seed in the background. The red benzoin doesn't seem to be showing up on my skin but I'm sure it is there as a base. I find that this is one of my bpals which smells more like a department store perfume on me but it's much nicer of course, because the florals do not turn high pitched and they smell realistic. Cameo chaperone is a delicate, silvery scent, very reminiscent of spring flowers.