Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Terrible Door

Pear lovers, take note! This is a very beautiful pear cocktail kind of scent. The green woodiness of pear juice leaps out at me right away, along with a fizzy white musk that I would have guessed for champagne or pear moscato. The fizziness does die down with time to rest and also with time on the skin, and leaves the beautifully summery combination of pear and cognac to chill out with the cool silvery musk that's left behind.

I am a big frankincense fan, but I'm not sure where it really is in this blend! I am hoping that aging will bring out the depth of this resin as well as the brightness that it seems to be lending right now to the overall cheerful cocktail effect.

This is one to watch for sure. The white musk right now is a little too "clean" for my taste, where it's not dryer sheet but still leaning effervescent and a touch of detergent. I think if you tend to do well with white musks and you are looking for a beautiful pear, The Terrible Door could be an Excellent Choice.

Crisp pear, almost reminiscent of apple, with a white, ozony musk. This smells like a dry cider at first, with a bit of effervescence to it. The pear becomes more pear-ish and the effervesce becomes more gauzy smelling. The frankincense joins the party, but remains discretely in the background, just adding some softness and grown-up depth. The fruit stays dry and chilly vs. juicy.

This smells sophisticated and clean, but a bit standoffish - like a British heiress, with a hoity-toity accent, wearing white linen and sipping cocktails on her lawn.   I've been watching way to much Midsomer Murders lately.  😁 

Edited by VetchVesper

This blend is reading white musk to me, which is bad news, as I find it too perfumey.  I did get a bit of pear at the beginning, but now it’s just all about the aggressive little musk🙄