Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Amor, To Show That He Was Pleased, Approvingly (In Silence) Sneezed

I'm getting a sort of vanilla wafer (as in the flaky wafers) note with a light and sweet lemon meringue pie. No flowers that I can really pinpoint! Delicious. Spring day tea party vibes.

This started off so wonderfully. It was all lemon cake with a cracked lemon glaze with some soft honey and candied florals in the background. I was swooning. Then it became a coconut party on me, and coconut remains a main player on me after several hours of wear, even though it is not a listed note. The coconut, combined with the candied flowers (which are smooth and indistinguishable and not high-pitched whatsoever, nor are they powdery -- I couldn't tell you what they are, but I could list many that I'm not getting), end up dominating the scent after a while, along with some creaminess that must be from the vanilla cream. Perhaps that's where the secret coconut hails from.

I absolutely adore the lemon cake phase of this scent but wish I hadn't gotten a ton of coconut later on. I'm going to let this one settle for a few more weeks and come back to it, because that lemon cake is everything.

ive been calling this one amor/sneezed for shorthand 😂

lemon caaaaakeeeeee !!! ~ 

i get lemon tarts, lemon cakes, tiny lemon teacakes - anything lemon - every year for my birthday. (it reminds me the most of the tiny sweet lemon teacake i got for my most recent birthday actually!)

this smells like my birthday. i LOVE it. ❤️ 

decadent and happy, very cake-y, very strong and sweetly lemon. the lemon fades a little bit (but didnt disappear completely) and the "honey cakes" aspect wakes up more over time for me. (the honey note is never overpowering though!)

Edited by rivetted

This smells mouthwateringly delicious, like the fluffiest lemon cake ever made even more decadent with oodles of vanilla cream, a very fine light honey, and sugared petals. The florals are very candied though, so this is definitely more gourmand than floral, and the cake is the star. I wish this lasted longer on my skin, but that's my only criticism. If there's a real life cake version of this perfume, I want to eat it.

I can only echo what other reviewers have said about Amor, to Show That He was Pleased. If you love gourmand scents with a little candied florals thrown in, I highly suggest you get yourself a bottle of this one!

In the bottle: This smells like a delicate lemon curd, sweet and fragrant. I don't get much of the florals or even cake in the bottle, but it's a bright and happy scent.

Wet: CAAAAAAAKE. This is lemon cake like WHOA at this stage, and it's a delight. It reminds me of my beloved Pere Noel from Yules past, but lemon + candied flowers replacing the orange and anise. This is so enchanting, but the cake note does mostly burn off and isn't at the forefront of the scent for long. Thankfully for my chemistry, the honey note is a supporting role and never overpowers the rest.

Drydown:  As this dries, there is a gorgeous stage where the candied flowers take center stage but it's so well blended (and so sugar-encrusted) I can't really pick out specific florals. The sugar is light and airy, and blends with the florals to give it a slightly musky effervescence with just a little bit of lemon cake in the background. This stage eventually also recedes until I'm left with a very lightly-lemoned sweetness.

This is very, very pretty at all stages for me! I foresee this being a regular in rotation during the spring and summer.

I am getting exactly the notes listed, it's remarkably realistic. The sweetness is amplified when the oil is wet, but after it dries this is absolutely lemon sugar honey cakes (I'm seeing mini cakes with a layer of vanilla cream in the center) dusted with candied flowers. There is more richness from the honey than from the vanilla cream, I suppose since it was baked in and it has some caramelized sort of thing happening. Mayyybe a hint of powdered sugar? Anyway this is delightful.

I get lemon honey cake and cream as advertised. The honey is going a little waxy and I can't believe I'm saying this but this is just a little too sweet for me. It's good but sort of overwhelming. More candy than cake.

This is delightful, it is lemon vanilla cream with a slightly fruity candied undertone that I’d almost call Jell-O. I also get some faint whiffs of coconut. I really love it. 

Sweet lemon cakes! This is really lovely - I'm so glad I got this one. Like many of the Lupers on me, it's very light - low throw, quick to fade - but it's exactly up my alley: sweet citrus sugar, like lemon bars or, yes, iced lemon cakes! I don't really get the florals, which I'm fine with. Like candied springtime, like treats at a tea party in a lemon grove, it's a delight.

Awesome Husband comment: ...you smell like cake. 😄

This is the first BPAL LE I've really wanted backups of. It's close to perfect - in fact I think it is a perfect perfume for me. It's almost like Lemon Sugar from Fresh but more perfumy and refined with something distinctively BPAL about it, and it layers really sweetly with Lemon Scented Sticky Bat when I want to feel more energetic or when working out.

Edited by scentedbythesun
Editing to add this smells exactly like a perfume version of lemon meringue pie

Cake in the bottle. Some lemon comes in on application, but it’s still slightly dry lemon cake. The cream note develops as it starts to dry. It settles as a creamy lemon cake, but it’s still a bit dry, with almost no throw. That’s what my skin does with citrus, so not a huge surprise.

The wrist sniff of this is close to other reviews. Not really any lemon on me, more like a vanilla cookie with some honey sweet florals.

The throw however is... coconut sun screen, or lotion. I don't usually amp coconut or anything so it's a strange outcome. It almost smells like it has shea in it as well.

If this smelled like the wrist sniff on me the entire time, I'd adore it, but alas. Don't really need a coconut sun screen scent.

Starts with all the vanilla cream and lemon sugar cake in the world. This is... triggering my sweet tooth. I'm now hyper-aware that there's no cake in the house.

The sugary, candy aspect strengthens on me as it dries. This vanilla-lemon frosting is creamy, but super-charged with sugary sugar. The cake is yellow, not too dry or moist.

After drying, some golden honey comes out. Nice touch.

I can imagine this one may overwhelm a few people... but if you can do foodie + creamy + (sweet x 5), you may like this one a lot. I seem to...

I’ve been on a mission for “lemon meringue” scented stuff for years. Waaaaaaay back in the day, B&BW carried a line called Tutti Dolci and on a whim I bought a moisturizing cream body wash in their Lemon Meringue scent. As these things often happen, I fell in love, and then the line was unceremoniously discontinued. I found it on eBay several years back and gladly handed over all my doubloons for it. But where are all the modern lemon pie scents?!

Amor… kinda comes close. It sits close to my skin so it takes a good slather, but I do get that dessert-y kind of lemon. The hint of flowers here is nice, too, so I don’t just SMELL LIKE PIE OMG ASDKFGURG. I will likely upgrade my decant to a bottle. Or two.

this is niiiiiiice.

the cake smells more cakey than most cakes do on me!  the lemon burns off pretty quickly, but it leaves something of itself behind, like a little bit of lemon zest was mixed into the cake batter.  it's not like a big frosted confection of a cake, more like little unglazed vanilla/lemon teacakes.  i'm floral-averse, and the candied flowers don't really smell floral to me. i would have guessed light candied fruits maaaaybe, but it's very subtle.  there IS something tipping this ever-so-gently perfumey (instead of straight up gourmand) and i'm pretty sure the florals may get that credit. 

i will most likely grab a bottle of this for bedtime, because that's how i roll:  resins in the streets, cake in the sheets. 

Looking at the notes, I should love this, but I don’t.  :(  I’m going to blame it on the cake.  It’s like a stale Twinkie with fake cream inside, with a generic lemon candy smushed in a bag nearby with grammas sickly sweet floral.  Not to say I’m sure someone would love to get their hands on a Twinkie (try eBay), and this may be a skin chemistry thing, or it needs to come into its own.  Oh well, there are so many other lovelies that work on me, so a miss should be expected once in awhile.

Honey lemon cakes, and the flowers of Dia de los Muertos maybe? Cake and flowers together, feels offertory. The lemon is bright but the freshly-baked cake note is the strongest. Good stuff!

Sniffing this in hindsight, this is similar to Penis Bound w/Gold Ribbon, just a little sweeter and a little less musky. This smells like good lemon pound cake, drizzled with wildflower honey. It's quite foody, and quite hard not to like, but I think I do prefer PBw/GR's hint of musky sourness that just seems a little more unusual.  If I had to eat one though, I'd definitely go with Amor. :) 

LIttle bit of lemon, LOTS of honey! Realistic yummy honey! Reminds me of a lemon version of Sweets to the Sweet. (Sub lemon for the sugar) 

I'm not getting any cake.  I think it will layer beautifully with something as I keep smelling it and looking for something else to magically appear.  I will update when I find a few scents to layer with.  Hope to be back soon! 

Candied flowers, lemon, and I swear this smells like coconut musk with a hint of cake. Medium throw and wear length.

I recently picked up a partial bottle of Amor To Show and I absolutely love it.  I wish that this vanilla cream showed up in more fragrances because it's like a strong, gorgeous, lightly sugared cream that's cool toned and sweet without being cloying at all.  Like whipped cream, but the best whipped cream ever.  The honey cakes smell like perfect, dainty, yellow cakes topped off with honey flavored sugar, all deep gold and warm.  I don't get any lemon or floral and that's fine for me.  

Yellow cake topped off with the most gorgeous whipped cream and dusted with dark gold honey sugar.  All gourmand and creamy and I love it.