Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Ut Ameris, Amabilis Esto

A love oil built to foster kindness and serenity that enables you to better cultivate compassion, gentleness, and empathy while drawing forth the compassion, gentleness, and empathy of those around you. This oil soothes nerves, irritation, and anxiety, fosters peace, and sweetens friendships.

This oil contains three rose absolutes, honey absolute, carnation, strawberry fruit compound, sweet orange, angelica root, motherwort, lavender bud, red sandalwood, and benzoin.

Scent:

This is strong: rose and strawberry dominate at first, for a long while, with a ton of throw. The whole household can smell it!

Then it blossoms into a fruity, lightly herbal, very soft wood, rose-strawberry musk delight that has me smiling, and my kids grabbing my arm to smell me. I can smell this the next day, and it still smells good, if not better.
I initially thought the strawberry was too much after an initial toothpick test of my bottle (the oil was that strong) and had it on my swaplist. But I decanted a small amount into lil’ bottle, added sunflower oil. I found that doing so really brings out every element of the oil, which I’m really happy about. Initially, all I could get was strawberry! rose! forever! 

Energetically:
There’s a lot sweetness in each sniff, literally and figuratively.

I found myself gravitating to this often the past week, during the afternoon slump around these parts. It’s been a nice boost of sweetness and clearing out “bad jubies” as we say at my house. We can all use more compassion and empathy some days here, with the kids bickering about this and that, and the usual end of the day grumpies that tend to pop up. Being mom, I have been the one to try to smooth things over, and for years have diffused grapefruit or another brightening, cheerful  oil. This would be perfect in a diffuser for just that!

If nothing else, my kiddos enjoy smelling me, and it makes us look forward to strawberry season (Hood Strawberries!) even more so this year. 

Final thought: When smelling it the next day, it brings to mind Strawberry Shortcake dolls. As an 80s girl, this warms my 40-something-year old heart. 

Ut Ameris is in the honey + herbs + flowers scent family, & I would buy it for the fragrance alone. I tested a decant, & have already ordered a full bottle. 

It's no surprise that I love it, because the scent is similar to Osun, which I adore & have hoarded bottles of since it was discontinued. Osun didn't have many listed notes: Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire.

What makes Ut Ameris a markedly different scent from Osun is the  magnificent fruit layer of jammy strawberry compound & sweet orange.

Ut Ameris did not change much from application to dry-down. It isn't long-lasting on my skin. It faded quite a bit within 2 hours. As usual, it had better longevity in my scent locket.  At 5 hours, it's barely noticeable on me, & has about half the original throw in the locket.

As for the (beautiful) intent, my initial wearing was a day where my energy level was lower than what I would have liked for assisting in public worship. I definitely felt love & friendship toward my community, & from them toward me. I felt grounded & prepared, as well as confident & supported in speaking prayers inspired by Transgender Day of Visibility. 

Compassion is pretty much my job, so I anticipate utilizing Ut Ameris as a focusing tool regularly. I'm glad that it harmonizes so well with Osun, which lasts longer on my skin.

Ut Ameris, Amabilis Esto is a fairy-touched wonder blend. I keep comparing it to Rose-Tinted Mirror, since they are both sweet roses with compassion-centric vibration. 
~Rose-Tinted is definitely that inward-focused love. It’s melting into your skin to coat a hardened heart, to gently take your face in its hands and kiss you with tenderness and a little heat. You can face yourself again, and thus face anything. Each wear opens the heart a little deeper. 
~Ut Ameris is shining outwards, a twinkling in it’s eyes. There’s an uplifting sense that pulls you outside to bask in the sun, and, in turn, attracting the attention of the other. The glimmering shimmering feminine (we’ve all got it) invites everyone to break into smile. Before we even know what’s happening, we’ve joined together and are moving through space with grace, our hearts synchronizing beats.

So lovely! The scent is excellent. I am glad to have a bottle. It was instrumental in getting me through the recent Libra Full Moon weekend.-_-

Edited by artisjok

This is a lovely one! There's a lick of rose and of orange early on, but then this becomes sweet strawberry: not jammy or cloying, fresh as the fruit itself. It's soothing and makes me happy.

On me, this is mostly squishy bits of strawberry and rose with the fresh rose note increases with strength over time. There's hints of orange, lavender, and benzoin in the background, but mostly it's a strawberry-tinged rose party on me. I do think sniffing it helps to calm the nerves.

I don't think I need to upgrade to a bottle of this one, but I'll definitely be keeping my decant!

A gentle and kind blend indeed. Honeyed rose, sweet an lovely. Just the lightest hint of sweet/sour strawberry. I’m not getting any of the carnation, lavender or other notes listed. It does give me positive, calm feeling. Let’s see how long I can retain that at work, that’ll be the real test lol.