Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Vanilla Bean, Marshmallow, and Benzoin

I have a lot of vanilla, and at first I thought I didn't need a bottle. My decant just kept calling to me, and I finally put in my order.  The vanilla in this blend is very similar to the one in Antique Lace Resurrected. Soft, delicate, very low throw.

Mmmm, vanilla marshmallows! The lab has been doing a lot with marshmallows and I’m here for it. Fluffy vanilla clouds with a fine dusting of powdered sugar. Now, the benzoin is present but it’s such a sweet powdery note that it blends in seamlessly and adds just the right touch of “something else” that you can’t put your finger on. This is amazing.

UGH. DELICIOUS. Reminds me of the soft sweet note in Edith Cushing – though i’ll admit that one’s more nutty, but the vanilla is definately on par there. I’m not sure if I should keep this decant or not, because i don’t know if I would actually WEAR this, but oh….. this is lovely.

EDIT: No i'm definately trying to find more- this is addictive, this is. :heart:

Edited by Cali

I’d accidentally stashed this out of sight and haven’t worn it since I tested it out of the mail, last year.

It’s almost a dead ringer for Stekkjarstaur, as previously mentioned by many reviewers. So much so, I did a death match this evening and I can say it will hit the spot if you can’t get your hands on Stekk. 

This is a beautiful foodie vanilla, and I’m happy I got a backup. ☺️

Unpopular opinion: I like this MOAR that stekk!! It’s so good. oh my god, i’ve found my marshmallow holy grail. It’s definitely a sexy marshmallow, a little lighter than schrodingers checkmark, and the throw is a little lighter too, but otherwise as long lasting and amazing. I love. 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

Sweet vanilla marshmallows, this is making me crave more marshmallow scents. I think I need to find a bottle of Stekk, I missed it during my perfume hiatus, if it's similar to this one.

It's sweet and foody but not cloying. I love wearing it to sleep. I'm so glad I was able to grab a few bottles of this.

Edit to add that I did get a bottle of Stekk! This one is a tad less foody - probably due to the sweet, slightly resinous powder of Benzoin. They're both utterly lovely. This one is my favourite for layering - this + a smidge of TKO is my go-to sleep scent now.

Edited by Amoraexcena