Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Boney Moon 2022

In the stark darkness of February, food is so scarce that some are forced to chew bones and make marrow soup for nourishment. It is a time when we honor our ancestors with fasting, solemn ritual, and reflection on the triumphs and accomplishments of those who have passed before us.

White sandalwood, dry cedar, white musk, ambergris accord, and radiant, crisp lunar herbs.

Just got this today & it is exactly what I was hoping. 
In the bottle: Very dry sandalwood & lovely herbs (my brain wants to say mugwort & camphor; sadly, I have no caparisons on hand) that are more of the feral herb garden that is barely tended & they are till warm from the sun.

Wet: Same as in the bottle.

Dry: The musk is peeking out & I think the cedar. No pencil shavings (it's always 50/50 with my skin). But a really lovely dry woods & feral herb garden feel. I'm really loving this one & I am thrilled I threw it in the cart last minute.

This one is truly bone-dry, in a way that reminds me of a blend I can't remember the name of that had white patchouli. Here it's white sandalwood, although a white patch hidden note wouldn't surprise me.

Otherwise, I get a hint of cedar, some white musk powder, and a soft ambient thing that doesn't yield individual notes.

Soft, pale, woody, powdery.

This starts off strongest on the lunar herbs on me, followed by the cedar. I think that lemongrass (or something lemony) and sage are among the herbs. Then the cedar gains strength and it ends up being a dry, herbal cedar blend for a long time before the sandalwood manages to rise up, shove the cedar aside, and make it an even drier woody herbal scent, backed by some white musk. I am not getting the ambergris on my skin, sadly.

Although this isn't a scent I would wear, I do think the dry woods really fit the theme of this scent.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This one comes off as really eerie to me. The sandalwood and cedar are super dry, and with the white musk it gives the impression of desolate spookiness to me. On my skin the ambergris gives the tiniest bit of musky warmth but not much. It softens slightly as it wears with the herbs coming out a bit more as well. Still a very quiet, eerie scent. 

Bpal's white sandalwood has always been a bpal death note for me because it tends to overpower everything else and it is so dry and baby powdery on my skin.  That's the only thing that I get from Bony Moon 2022.  The original Bony Moon had a funky cedar note that went to BO on me, but at least this one isn't doing that to me.