Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

And With My Spade I Delfe My Landys

A scent of budding life bursting through sleet and frost: snow-capped golden amber with snowdrop, winter gardenia, hellebore, and iris.

Really?  No one has reviewed this one yet?  

To my nose, this perfume is richly fragrant with the BPAL snow note and coniferous tree notes.  The amber is in the deep background, proving a hint of warmth.  I don't detect any florals, maybe a hint of iris, but perhaps they will come out with time (although I'm not sure what snowdrops and hellebore smell like).  

This honestly smells more like a Yule fragrance.  It's quite lovely and makes me think of walking through a pine forest on a quiet winter day.  

I don't do florals much, but I am a medievalist and I love the idea of this series - and the kindness of it! So I might have to try all of them...

First off, my skin just EATS this. This was the last one I put on of the three I tried tonight, and after about 20 minutes, I couldn't find it at all on my arm. Like, knowing exactly where I'd put it, and putting my nose right on my skin, I got...a barest thin whisper of cool flowers, or maybe that was wishful thinking because I knew it ought to be there!

Having reapplied, so, freshly wet: chilly pale florals! I agree with wendy above about the snow note (which reads a little minty to me?), and that's the loudest aspect to start, and I agree that it feels like a Yule in some ways - or maybe the balance right on the edge of winter and spring, when flowers might be thinking about waking up, but the world's still crystalline and ice-white. I can't identify any specific flowers (might just be me, not an expert in florals!), but they combine into a general 'white pale flowers' to my nose, behind the snow. I don't really get amber - ETA; maybe just a little, warming it up, as it dries? *sniffs very closely*

So basically I get "the Lab's snow note + some white chilly flowers" - which I like more than I was expecting to, but then I do like the snow note (I liked Marshmallow Snow, from a couple of Yules ago), so if you like those things, this might be your jam! (But, again: boom, my skin just drinks this up. In the course of my typing this review - it's almost gone. Still there, but barely. That might be the fastest I've had any scent disappear on me. And Marshmallow Snow *didn't* do that, so I don't know what's happening here!)

Beautiful wintry florals! I get a bit of that new spring green sap with chilly sweet snow and white florals. As it dries I do get a bit of a piney note as well. It does remind me of Marshmallow Snow like mentioned previously. Something about the foresty scent and the florals reminds me of a wintry Elf. 

I dithered over getting this for a long time, but with it going away decided I would regret not getting a bottle.

In the bottle: Crisp winter florals and a minty snow note. I can definitely pick out the snowdrop and hellebore. The gardenia is pretty quiet, but probably rounding out the floral elements. The amber is very quiet but warming the scent up just a little bit I suspect.

Fresh on the skin: This is very minty and snowdrop forward on me to start with, pretty true to in the bottle. These are notes I'm very much into, and it's definitely a crisp wintery outdoors sort of scent.

On dry down: Crisp morning in late winter when the snowdrops and hellebore have put out their first flowers and leaves but are surrounded by frost. There is a very distinct mint element to this snow, perhaps fresh leaves are on the mint plants in the garden and perhaps there is a wintergreen shrub nearby. There are other softer background florals, and the amber seems to be more a conduit for the rest of the scent than anything else. It's a lovely late winter garden scent that is very evocative of that specific time of year.