Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The act of creating Ephemera gives us the ability to stop time.
Velvet-pink carnations with tea roses, peonies, and rose sandalwood with a whiff of candlesmoke.

I put this first impression post on a different thread before the review post was up, so I'll move them here & edit if I need to.

On first few sniffs within hours of receipt:

Love Let Her: there is something indole esque in this. It’s currently drowning the other notes & it was the only note I smelled in the bottle. So we’ll see how it goes.

Edit: Still need to retest but the bottle sniff is getting more carnation & candlesmoke.

One Week Later: This is blooming into something so lovely. The roses are more backseat to the the sandalwood & candlesmoke for me. The carnation is a sort of ephemeral haze that comes & goes. The indolent scent I first noticed is gone. So, I am looking forward to how this further ages.

Upon comparison, it is extremely similar to “Budding Realisation” from the Rosebud Tarot Kickstarter. Love Let Her is less rose, more carnation. 

Edited by TheLampades

Very pretty.  Somehow both clean and smokey at the same time.  Spicy carnation is the most prominent floral on me, with a hint of the peony reading more as something bright and fresh rather than as the fruity floral I'm used to.  I do smell the sandalwood, especially in the bottle, but it's not a heavy incense smell at all. I don't actually get rose.  I was expecting this to be very pink and girly.  It's not really that.  Surprisingly lacking in sweetness, but still lovely.  I'd say, if you are a fan of carnation and/or light incense, this is one to check out.  It really is quite lovely, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ages.  

This is such a stunning scent.

Rose and Peonies are two of my favorite notes so I knew I would love this and it does not disappoint. 

All the notes shine - the peony note is so lush and beautiful. The rose is also there and softened by the peony. The carnation lends a spiciness in the background. The carnation is quite subdued on me. The sandalwood is also there adding a depth to the blend but it is the smoke that really brings it all together and adds a spark. The smoke almost adds a warmth. It's like a freshly blown out candle or a touch of incense. It adds a sophistication to the scent and turns it into something quite beautiful. 

On me, the pink carnation is the star of the show throughout wear, backed by some candlesmoke (slightly tinged with beeswax, but more smoke than beeswax, and the smoke here is not acrid in the slightest), and peony, with just a little bit of rose and sandalwood. But if I did not know to go looking for them, I wouldn't even notice that rose and sandalwood were in this scent! I think this may share the same pink carnation found in High-Strung Daisies, but here, it's accompanied by notes that make this a far more grown-up blend. This is NOT a beeswax scent for those who saw candlesmoke and thought it might veer into beeswaxy floral territory. It is very much a floral scent with far more pink carnation than anything else!

This is very pretty, and definitely one for fans of pink carnation! I really like this and will be keeping my decant to pair with High-Strung Daisies HG. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Something in this has smelled odd in its first few seconds of life on my skin for both of its tests. But Love Let Her quickly shifts into clovey pink carnations, pink roses, a blush of peony, and a little dusty smoke.

This floral is fairly powdery on me throughout its wear. It's not really my vibe, but may be a love for pink carnation peeps.

A bit powder puff at first, rosey. It's not smoky on me, I forgot smoke was a note, actually. The sandalwood behaves and adds slight, soft woods. I'm not getting any weirdness from it. It dries down to a pretty floral sandalwood combo, velvet is a great term for it, clean and soft. Coincidentally wore a velvet skirt with a ditsy floral top today and it fits the mood.

A bit timeless, although I could see this pairing well with a Sweet Lolita wardrobe. It's youthful and springy but I wouldn't say childish, any age group could pull it off really. Reminds me of Vasilissa a little bit. Elegant, classy, work appropriate. The final drydown has me considering a bottle.

Edit* Decided on a bottle. Gorgeous.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Love Let Her is having a real battle with my skin chem. It goes between spicy, lightly incensed peony rose to soapy, spicy squished carnation. The soapy carnation won. 

I found this a lovely floral, mostly carnation-rose, with decent throw and long wear for something so floral heavy. I didn't struggle at all with soapy or powdery notes, which are often issues for me. I hardly get sandalwood at all, but that's a note I usually really like; someone who doesn't may have a different experience. The candlesmoke is barely present and not acrid or harsh at all. Something in here also gives a vanilla-ish impression - maybe some hidden beeswax in with the candle smoke?

As far as comparisons go, it's very close to Deconstructing Eden's Be Mine (which I also really enjoy). I'll keep an eye out for this in destashes.

Ohhhh, I love this one. Wet on the skin, I get a generic slightly powdery sweet floral with a lot of candlesmoke, but once it dries down it changes entirely. The candlesmoke fades to the barest hint, and spicy carnations come to the fore. Rose and peonie add layers of nostalgic sweetness, followed by the barest breath of sandlewood. No powdery note detected at all once dry. This is definitely going to be one I pull out on the regular.