Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
stainedglass_siren

blends containing that coveted lemony vanilla?

So, the only BPALs that have been absolute winners for me thus far are dorian and silkybat. They’re both out of stock due to supply issues with that special vanilla, right? To me, it’s a got a  lemony aspect to it. I also know that snake’s kiss ‘18 has that lemon sugar note, but not the more recent versions. 

My question is, can anyone provide me with a longer list of lesser known blends containing that vanilla that smells like lemon? I’m head over heels in love and need more. Thanks!!

The Thirteen from March 2020 has it going on! And from the reviews, Lights, Camera, Something may also have that lemony aspect.  

I wonder if Traditional Sheet Ghost might work as well? The frankincense is what is described as lemony, but it might have a similar enough effect!

Some of the Beaver Moons might work. The cheesecake has a strong vanilla note & at least one had lemon zest (& thyme). It was Beaver Moon I 2013 (Beaver Moon II was not a cheesecake blend). Beaver Moon 2011 is lavender honey cheesecake & I find it somewhat citrusy once the lavender has dried down but many people feel this one is cologne-y.  

Many of the Lilith birthday scents have Dorian in them & it would be worth checking out Go Hawks, Lilith's First Concert, Spinning On Graves, The Serpentine, Utter Sophistication (not citrusy but an unusual vanilla drydown) & Walking My Daughter To Class.  

The rarer scents Emerald Lace, Paper Phoenix, Tattered Lace & Silver Lace all have a citrusy, musky vanilla base.

Also keep your eyes open for Dorian Chaos Theory bottles.  

Edited by alterosen

On 2/13/2022 at 8:03 AM, roseus said:

I wonder if Traditional Sheet Ghost might work as well? The frankincense is what is described as lemony, but it might have a similar enough effect!

I have this! It doesn’t give me the same vibe as Dorian but I do really like it in it’s own way :)

Oooh, No. 93 Engine has a lemony beeswaxy vanilla vibe (Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage.). The balm of Gilead and Peru balsam are somewhat non-foodie resinous vanilla-esq. 

fate's jester reminds me a lot of silkybat. same lemony sugared patchouli (though less of it) with more lemon, and juicy red currant. 

the hay note in vanilla husk, nutmeg, and hay gives off a lemony-type thing, and mixes with the dry vanilla husk wonderfully. 

Sign in to follow this