Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The first moon of a new year bidding  farewell to the sorrows of the last: a wan whisper of orris, a sigh of white musk.

I received my decant the other day and immediately tried it out (I love orris). This is a beautiful orris and white musk, as listed. Nothing unexpected here, just simple and lovely. I will enjoy my decant.

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin -- soft, slightly powdery orris and gentle white musk. This is a pale, low-key, very understated scent. Sticks close to the skin, but has great staying power. It's very pretty in its simplicity. Might be a bottle purchase for me.

I enjoy orris from time to time, but didn’t expect to love this as much as i do for some reason.  I was expecting basically a powdery thing, but I sampled it because of the “old” lol and I like attic/dusty/antique adjacent scents.  I prefer the opening of this over the longer dry down.  

At first it is very soft and ethereal and the best way I can describe it is it gives me vibes of like… a ghost who smells ever so faintly of something horse or old saddle like for a while.  It’s very see through, airy, and muted with that odd ghostly aspect to it.  

as it wears the white musk amps more on me and the oris gets more “pinched” smelling in the sense that the sharper more powdered and almost high pitched fresh cola aspects of the musk and the punchier parts of the orris come out.  Now it smells more like what I expected initially ~

it wafts around me with a sort of dusty old white fabric vibe though, which I like.  

I need to do some more full day tests with this to see if wears too high pitched and powdery as the hours go on, but I’ll update when I do.  

Edited by Viiinylflowers

Definitely loving this one! I've been wearing it recently as a sleep scent. It's a very lovely, soft, powdery floral to my nose. Very simple and gently floral!

Let me help you outta the chair g g grandmaaa

Oh wow this is nice! Although Grandma would've smelled great if she wore this, I don't really get Grandma vibes.

This makes me think of unicorns. It's a light, powdery orris floral, not as soapy as Moonflower and Orris, yet clean, fresh, and soft. This is more like what I wanted out of M&O and it delivers.

I can get behind the ethereal ghost description too, totally apt. It's like a sleepy ghost unicorn. Glad I didn't snooze on a decant, considering a full bottle. 

Powdery, delicately floral, and a tiny bit incensy. It is dusty, but it's not sour or acrid like some dusty perfumes can be. It's like how you would want an old, untouched room with a dried out vase of flowers on the table to smell. Very pretty and stays close to the skin.