Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Late Night Moon 2021

A pale halo of white tea and mugwort leaf, shimmering Tunesian neroli, and heady white champaca petals.

Took a chance on a decant of this despite BPAL's white tea note often going too astringent on me. White tea and neroli are the most obvious notes at the outset. While I do get a brief astringent phase with the white tea, it fades on the drydown, leaving a very pale, light neroli with a little extra white floral punch from the champaca petals. Overall, a pale, bright, low-key white floral that sticks very close to the skin. On the fence about whether I need a 5ml of this, but I'll definitely keep my decant for warm-weather wear.

Not gonna lie. I'm not crazy about this when it's first on.  The neroli is very up front and sort of smells like soured orange juice to me. Perhaps it's the mugwort in the mix, giving it the weird vibe.  (Also, caveat - I'm generally ambivalent towards neroli.)  HOWEVER - once this has had time to bloom on my skin (about 15 mins), I really like it.  The champaca appears, and everything starts to work together.  It becomes a lightweight, hazy champaca, with little whiffs of neroli thrown in.

Seems like this one is consistent - I get a wave of white tea and neroli up front, but it calms down into a soft neroli champaca combo. Kinda disappears on me but could be a subtle springtime blend.

Really crisp and breezy neroli and white tea that settles more into a incense-y champaca tea as it dries. The champaca doesn't go screechy on me which is nice! 

This smells so expensive! 

I agree with the other posters that this is a neroli-forward blend. After 20ish minutes the white tea and champaca bloom and they all blend together to make this floral dream. It's definitely going to be a good spring/summer Date Night scent for me