Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
stainedglass_siren

What are your favorite scents with contrasting notes?

After trying a decant of Malignant Dreams of Cthulhu in Love, I’ve become intrigued by those scents with a contrasting combination of notes i.e. warm and cool, aquatic and gourmand, or sharp and round, for example. If that makes sense to you and you have any recommendations, please leave them here 🖤

I have 2!

Adventuresome Encounters: (Russet amber, tonka bean, oakmoss, sweet yam, cinnamon bark, and bourbon vanilla. 

To my nose this smells both warm/dry AND wet/cool. The amber is on the lighter, watery side + oakmoss reads as freshness. The cinnamon on the drier/hot side. Contrasting back and forth. 🔥🌋💥💦🧊️ which, ahem... makes sense for a Shunga

Labores Solis: (the Sun’s rays expressed through frankincense, amber, heliotrope, saffron, and chamomile, crossed with Luna’s Artemisias, manifesting in darkness). This is a trippy one to my nose. Sometimes it smells safe and cuddly and sometimes it smells terrifying. Overall it's herbal, but it's an interesting blend I can't quite categorize. I only wear it for myself because I can't quite tell what vibe it will give off.  🌗🌖🌘🌒🌓