Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... Ɨ
BPAL Madness!
stainedglass_siren

Help me find the perfect October scentšŸ

Iā€™m searching for the perfect october/autumnalĀ scent, but all the popular ā€œOctoberā€ blends are either too gourmand (all pumpkin/spice), too green, or have smoke notes/amber (goes horribly powdery on me). Iā€™ve never tried the dead leaves accord so I donā€™t know if Iā€™dĀ like it or not.Ā 

Ā 

Hoping for something with a good blend of crisp fall air, warmed upĀ by something sweet. bonus points if itĀ smells like cold apple cider!

Ā 

Desperate for suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Samhain!Ā  Although apple is not a dominant note for me.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If you could tolerate amber, I would have suggested Liquid Gold is in the Air.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Lamb's Wool is a great apple cider scent, too.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Whiskey and Apple, maybe?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by wendyb1063

Maybe The Fox Sisters would be up your alley? The description is: rose geranium and tea roses with mahogany wood, bourbon vanilla, and apple peel.

Ā 

It's a Yule, but the Fox sister's connection with spiritualism is definitely good for October and Halloween imo. People in the reviews are mentioning the apple and one person, at least, compared it to cider!

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by amokslime

A couple other ideas:Ā  Fearful Pleasure (has some smoke, but not much), Winds of Autumn (I don't get a lot of apple in this one), Magnificient Autumn (no apple in this one).Ā 

I, too, am Team Samhain! :)

• Punkie Night is a great cider scent! Cool, sweet & crisp.
  • Sjofn has anĀ airiness about it and the birch is a nice touch but it's quite sweet & might not really feel autumnal.Ā Ā 
  • All Hallow's Apple has an excellent crisp apple but you may not likeĀ the dirt note. I find it melds withĀ the moss after a short while so it's not a problem for me but YMMV. This isn't smoky but there is a smidge of vetiver from the dead leaves.
  • Autumn Coolness might work if you don't findĀ it too green with the bamboo.Ā To me, it does smellĀ like a cool breeze with a bit of sweetness and the bamboo keeps the florals in check.