Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

L'Éducation

A shiver of lilac, pink creeping rose, and tendrils of incense climbing through arches of ink-black stone. Pale white petals streaming into a basin of blood musk, labdanum, and scorched clove.

This is really lovely. It starts out with an almost tart berry scent with a hint of clove & incense. As it dries down, the lilac peeks out more & it's this really soft lilac & incense blend backed up by a sweet musk & clove. After about an hour, it's this soft, purple lilac musk with clove incense & somewhere, a garden. The flowers are hard to really break down as they mix in so where & are very sheer. I really only notice them when my hand is closer to my face. I'm guessing it's the white petals & rose blending to create a soft, cultivated garden scent. One in a greenhouse, no earthy or vegetal notes. Just flowers. The blood musk took a wild turn from how it usually smells on me & somehow blended with the lilac to make this really pretty purple musk scent with a hint of a coppery blood tint. 

This could easily be unisex, though it falls closer to a perfume note rather than cologne. The start of it is not overly fantastic (I really like it, but a few other BPALS have had a similar scent), but the dry down is so soft & serene. I think it was meant to smell a bit more sharp, judging by the art piece it accompanies, but my skin decided that no, that was not the vibe it wanted today. In the art piece, it smells like the purple haired girl in blue, far more than the woman holding a heart (it it still reminds you she's there). A medium throw, but really great wear length (it lasted over night & was still detectable after I woke up).

It's definitely one I can see myself wearing on nights I want to smell a little sophisticated & delicate with a hint of sultry.

Flowers and blood musk. I get pale florals, ton of musk, and a whiff of clove. It starts out innocent and then you realize you've been held down and now there's a blood sacrifice. Blood for the blood gods. Medium throw and wear length.