Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

so I think I found a good dupe for Anaconda.

I used a 5/8 dram vial and mixed together~ 1.5-6 ml Snake Oil, ~ 0.1 or 0.2 ml Sugar Skull, 3 drops Sugar Cookie.

It smells fantastic. I just hope that I can recreate it using larger amounts!

For me, Anaconda had a sugary start, but dried down to incense. Other people smelled tobacco, but to me it smelled like sandalwood. BUT....if it is tobacco, Mr. Nancy might be even better than Sugar Skull as far as what to blend or layer with Snake Oil, to get something close to Anaconda.

Just a thought!

As to Tokyo Stomp: I didn't get it b/c "vanilla mint" didn't sound appealing, but then a) I was told it smelled just like Thin Mints and :P I just got Ultraviolet today and Ultraviolet smells like Thin Mints when wet. Is there much of a resemblance between the two?

To my nose and on my chemistry? Monster Bait: BiggerCritters smells almost exactly like Euphrosyne without the rose.

I'm hoping that there is a GC scent that smells like Pink Moon 2007. I (foolishly) only bought one bottle of Pink Moon, and I love it too much to wear!

Thanks!

//Laurie

As to Tokyo Stomp: I didn't get it b/c "vanilla mint" didn't sound appealing, but then a) I was told it smelled just like Thin Mints and :D I just got Ultraviolet today and Ultraviolet smells like Thin Mints when wet. Is there much of a resemblance between the two?

ultraviolet is very sharp to me ... not all smooth and slightly cocoa-y like tokyo stomp :P

I'm hoping that there is a GC scent that smells like Pink Moon 2007. I (foolishly) only bought one bottle of Pink Moon, and I love it too much to wear!

Thanks!

//Laurie

I don't know of any GC with that much carnation in it. Have you tried Alice? It's sweet with a hint of carnation, so that might be a nice alternative, but not a replacement.

Hod is also a heavy carnation scent, but it doesn't have the sugar like Pink Moon 07 does.

Queen Alice is another carnation scent and just yummy. Carnation, amber, treacle and cider. It's deeper and more sultry than PM, which seems pretty innocent IMO.

If it's the carnation your craving those might work....

anyone have ideas for GCs that smell like midway? i poked around to see if it's already been addressed, but didn't see anything. i LOVE midway, but only have about 50% of my bottle left!

sorry if i'm totally breaching etiquette, but i tried the search function and wasn't bringing up any results :P

anywhoodle, i was wondering if anybody here could help me find something similar to my beloved 13 (the october 13th edition). i've almost run out and silly me forgot to get the new 13 to restock on something at least vaguely reminiscent of it. anyway, i really love love love loved it (did i mention i LOVED it) and now i am worried that i found my perfect favorite scent ever, only to have it lost forever. help me oh, bewitchingly scented lads and lasses! for my perfect scent has forsaken me!! :D ok. well perhaps that was a little melodramatic, but seriously any recommendations would be heartily appreciated. thanks

anyone have ideas for GCs that smell like midway? i poked around to see if it's already been addressed, but didn't see anything. i LOVE midway, but only have about 50% of my bottle left!

I haven't found anything that is perfectly the sugary sweets and fried doughy goodness that is Midway on my skin. However, Cockaigne on me is buttery yellow cake, and The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil is mostly caramel with a little sandalwood on my skin, so perhaps the two layered might begin to approximate Midway. For good measure perhaps you could also mix in a smidge of Drink Me or Hellcat (or perhaps both!) to add to the effect.

sorry if i'm totally breaching etiquette, but i tried the search function and wasn't bringing up any results :P

anywhoodle, i was wondering if anybody here could help me find something similar to my beloved 13 (the october 13th edition). i've almost run out and silly me forgot to get the new 13 to restock on something at least vaguely reminiscent of it. anyway, i really love love love loved it (did i mention i LOVED it) and now i am worried that i found my perfect favorite scent ever, only to have it lost forever. help me oh, bewitchingly scented lads and lasses! for my perfect scent has forsaken me!! :D ok. well perhaps that was a little melodramatic, but seriously any recommendations would be heartily appreciated. thanks

No need for blushing, that's what this thread is for - and the search engine won't find terms of three letters or less, so you wouldn't get any results for "13," unfortunately.

Also unfortunate , but just my opinion, there's just nothing like the first two versions of 13. (I haven't had the chance to try 13 III yet.) Do you have a feel for the notes that stand out on your skin? You could try to layer some other scents that feature those notes prominently. Or, you could just haunt the swaps section like Moaning Myrtle... :D

Anybody have any good suggestions for an equivalent of Carpathian Mountains? Especially the open, airy endstage?

Also unfortunate , but just my opinion, there's just nothing like the first two versions of 13
I agree, but I'm here begging and pleading for someone to suggest an equivalent or a similar blend to the original 13. I love it so much. I have 3 bottles, but I've been wearing it almost daily for a couple of weeks, and I'm a slatherer. It's getting harder and harder to find, plus I'm worried about the citrus oils fading with age. The chocolate fades on me quickly, so I'm mainly looking to replicate the iris/floral/mandarin/tangerine/white tea aspects of the scent. I would love to have BPAL suggestions, but I'll also take suggestions for other possibilities through pm. :P

This was covered briefly before, but on me Storyville is quite similar to Devil's Night (i only have the 06 version so can only speak to that if there's a variation in aging). Storyville is definitely a little sweeter, and there are other subtle variations i can't put my finger on right now, but they are strikingly similar on my skin.

Very close to Vasakasajja is Shadow Witch Orchid + La Petite Mort. I want to try SWO + O but this is a good start.

EDIT: SWO + O doesn't work.

Edited by Chickie

Sorry for the double post, but I was also wondering if anyone could think of anything other than Hod or Alice that was similar to Pink Moon 07. I am also in love with the sweet spiciness of that blend!

Sorry for the double post, but I was also wondering if anyone could think of anything other than Hod or Alice that was similar to Pink Moon 07. I am also in love with the sweet spiciness of that blend!

The Reaper and the Flowers was almost single note carnation on me, if that's the spiciness you are after. Unfortunately, I haven't yet tried Pink Moon '07 so I can't compare the two.

The Reaper and the Flowers was almost single note carnation on me, if that's the spiciness you are after. Unfortunately, I haven't yet tried Pink Moon '07 so I can't compare the two.

I have Hod and Pink Moon but they are only somewhat similar to me. Morocco is much closer to Pink Moon IMO. Maybe if you mixed Morocco and Hod. I don't have an imp of Morocco at the moment or I'd test that out for myself.

Good ol' HOD! Lace it into Thanatos, and you've got a nearly dead-on Gypsy Queen.

House of Night, on my skin:

Starts out with a blast of gardenia and greenery. After about 20 minutes, *boom* Samhain comes out. :P

Some of the reviewers of HoN noticed the same thing so I guess I'm not crazy! If I tried this in a blind test I would be *positive* that it was some springy Samhain spin-off. I don't know how long the Samhain-ness lasts, because I'm wearing it right now and I had to rush over to this thread to report what I found. I'll edit this post if there are any shocking developments.

I'm so kicking myself for not buying a bottle of One to Tie, Two to Win, I have a full imp & a half imp & I'm rationing them, but I really want to slather myself with it!

Does anyone know any GC's with the same bright, fresh, slightly bitter green scent?

Roadhouse has that dandelion scent that is in One To Tie...

I'm wearing the latter today, and though it's a bit greener than Roadhouse, they've got a similar feel!

These aren't impable (except in large sets), but you should be able to track decants down fairly easily if you aren't interested in investing in an entire set. To me, Tarot:Temperance smells very green and dandelion-y. (Roadhouse has that fresh, green, dandelion-ness for me when it's wet, but after a while I just smell like I spilled draft beer on myself. :P ) And from The Salon, Garden Path with Chickens is incredibly green and grassy - definitely reminds me of One to Tie, Two to Win, just with a wee bit of aquatic feel to it.

Oh - and Pontarlier has a unique greenness about it - not that it's an exact match to One to Tie but if you are fond of unusual green planty scents, you should definitely try it.

I love and adore Freak Show and although I do currently have a bottle and a half of it, and there have been rumours of it's reappearence, I'd also vaguely like to know that there is something similar to use (or layer) as a slight substitute.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this in the wrong place.