Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

I can sort of see the Haunted Palace-Tamora comparison, but on me Tamora is creamy peaches with vanilla beans, whereas Haunted Palace is rich, sexy floral citrus. Honestly, for me, Haunted Palace is what I wanted Versailles to be, although they don't smell way too much alike. (Versailles, for one, gave me faucet-sinuses)

For anyone longing for Snow Angel, Phantasm is prolly the closest oil in the GC I've smelled (the whole sweet lemon/tea vibe)

i am finding that snow moon is reminecent of tintagel. they are not the same perse, but there is a feel. a festiveness. and of course the piney yumminess. anyway i know i am not spot on w/ chemistry that soem people have. but they are related in my mind.

A very sweet and generous person gifted me with an imp of White Light, and its restorative effects have been astounding. However, it's a TAL oil, and I have no access to any store where it's sold. Can anyone recommend an equivalent, perhaps in the Panacea line?

I am completely addicted to Beaver Moon. Does anyone know what I can use once my bottle is empty?

Sugar Cookie, perhaps? Or Hollywood Babylon. Both are very foody/vanillic.

Lick It smells EXACTLY like Black Opal + mint on me. And the mint disappears pretty quickly.

Me too. Lick It & Black Opal & Antique Lace all smelled pretty much identical on me, after about 10 minutes.

I am completely addicted to Beaver Moon. Does anyone know what I can use once my bottle is empty?

Sugar Cookie, perhaps? Or Hollywood Babylon. Both are very foody/vanillic.

Hmm, I haven't tried Sugar Cookie. I might just have to :P Hollywood Babylon doesn't like my skin much, which is sad, since it smells so good in the bottle. I keep my imp around for my diffuser.

A million thanks to whomever recommended White Rabbit as a substitute for Milk Moon! I tried White Rabbit today, and it has an almost identical sweet, milky creaminess on my skin. :P

You've saved me from the daunting prospect of hunting down more Milk Moon!

Edited by Katinka

I don't know if anyone else has posted this or mentioned it but I thought Spanked smelled just like layering Geek over a little bit of Alone.

Which is a good thing for me because I like Spanked...and I didn't wear either Geek or Alone very much on their own. But together...wow! Geek Alone = being Spanked! :P

has anyone asked about gc equivalents to Devil's Night? it's my absolute fav, and not to hard to find at the moment, but i worry about the future....

Well, this is *also* not general catalogue, but it sounds like Smut might be right up your alley from what other people have said (the folks who went to the brick and mortar shoppe.)

Does anybody have any reccomendations for a scent that they find is similiar to Red Moon?

Any help would be very apprceciated :P

Court

I personally think Wildfire is -- it's the child of Red Moon and Othello. But it may not be any easier to find!

Does anybody have any reccomendations for a scent that they find is similiar to Red Moon?

Greetings from a fellow Red Moon lover :P I found French Love to be quite similar.

I´m wearing The Haunted Palace now, and it reminds me of some GC scent, but I can´t really tell which one yet...

It turns into Brisingamen on me in about an hour, with that sweet heavy amber note. You might try Brisingamen; even of your skin doesn't amp the amber quite as strongly as mine does, you'll still probably like it.

Edited by lady_pandora

has anyone asked about gc equivalents to Devil's Night? it's my absolute fav, and not to hard to find at the moment, but i worry about the future....

I actually found that Jazz Funeral had a really similar feel on me to Devil's Night. Luckily I can love up the one and not go into withdrawals from the other. :P

i think snow bunny and snow moon smell a lot alike.

i also think pink phoenix smells a lot like aunt caroline's joy mojo.

it seems red phoenix & blood moon are in a similar family.

ill be testing all of the similars side by side to see how i feel once its up close & personal.

I've fallen for Annabel Lee and it's unlike any of the other BPAL scents I own. Can anyone think of something similar to it?

The Living Flame (which is also an LE, so not very helpful) or maybe Aeval. On me they're all three sweet pea goodness. Worth trying, anyway.

I've fallen for Annabel Lee and it's unlike any of the other BPAL scents I own. Can anyone think of something similar to it?

to me it is like a blend of desdemona and Lady of shallot so one of them might work well for you

Someone absolutely loved the bottle of Flower Moon I gave them as a gift. Now they're asking me to point them towards something similar, but I'm stumped.

Thoughts?

Does anyone know of a GC that's similar to Snow Moon? I am in love with Snow Moon and am tring to track down more bottles, but I would appreciate any GC reccomendations!