Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

Does anyone agree that Coyote and Fire Eater smell very very similar indeed?

Coyote is more grassy, Fire Eater more burnt and harsh, but still very close.

The drydown of Maenad smells like the drydown of Pink Moon does on me. I think it's the strawberry + carnation combination. :P

Edited by riddel

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a catalog scent that mimics Harvest Moon? I got an imp last year, was dying to order a bottle this year and then up and missed it. :P

I'm also wondering about the existence of any siblings for Neptune, Pluto, or Chiroptera?

Coyoterose

Does anyone have any ideas for what would be similar to Whippoorwill? It's my partner's favourite scent, and it's not so easy to find. She doesn't so much like most spicy scents, but she really likes the mossy undertones of that one. Most of the scents she likes seem to have moss in them somewhere -- oakmoss, Spanish moss, or just general moss, but Whippoorwill's got that overlaid with a sort of dry spiciness, which really works for her in a way that most other spice-scents don't seem to.

Edited by Miss Lynx

Whippoorwill smells like Dublin layered with Silk Road to me.

Oakmoss is pretty pronounced in Burial and Omen as well maybe one of those layered with Silk Road would work as well...

But Silk Road definitely has some of the same spices, to my nose! :P

Does anyone know if there's a catalog scent that mimics Harvest Moon? I got an imp last year, was dying to order a bottle this year and then up and missed it.  :P

I think Jack (catalog scent) is quite similar to last year's Harvest Moon. They both have a similar buttery, candy-corn type of feel in the opening notes.

Snake Charmer = stronger, spicier version of Snake Oil :P

And more wearable, at least for me :D . Snake Oil is HORRID on me, but Snake Charmer is fab. I'm so pleased! (Not too strong or spicy on me either. Just sexy. Yum.)

Can anyone recommend a catalogue scent that is reminiscent of Medicine Show? The green, woodsy tobaccoey goodness is amazing. :P But I'd like to find a rough equivalent that is replaceable without doign a bank-breaker on ebay!

Thanks so much,

Carla

A *very* rough equivalent for Medicine Show could be The Apothecary. Although they don't share many notes they both have a sweetish, clean, herbal quality imo.

Snake Charmer = stronger, spicier version of Snake Oil :P

And more wearable, at least for me :D . Snake Oil is HORRID on me, but Snake Charmer is fab. I'm so pleased! (Not too strong or spicy on me either. Just sexy. Yum.)

I actually find Golden Priapus to smell a lot more like Snake Charmer than Snake oil does.

Greed reminds me of Hexennacht. It's not completely the same, Hexannacht is more complex and has that Samhain thing, but Greed has some similarities.

Red Moon = Eos and Szepasszony (pulls out imp to check spelling), heavy on the Eos with just a dab of Szepasszony.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Crossroads is like Queen of Clubs to me...with a little more rosey floral thrown in.

How similar are Freak Show and 13?

I know they don't share many ingredients, but from the reviews, both seem to have a chocolate/citrus "vibe", right? I really, really like my lone imp of Freak Show, but if 13 is close enough, I'd rather just wait for it to be re-released and stock up on that instead :P

How similar are Freak Show and 13?

I know they don't share many ingredients, but from the reviews, both seem to have a chocolate/citrus "vibe", right? I really, really like my lone imp of Freak Show, but if 13 is close enough, I'd rather just wait for it to be re-released and stock up on that instead :P

They were nothing alike on me. Freak Show was strongly figgy whereas 13 was much more of a chocolate, tea and scones kind of scent.