Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

On 4/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Thuy said:

Another Lilith: You are not alone - what other GC ones are as comforting as this one, if any?

This is about 100 years late but the only GC I can think of with a sweet lavender vibe is TKO. Doesn't have that paperback quality though.

19 hours ago, Cyanmeowl said:

I’m getting rather low on my favorite fragrance “the sun rising” (the 2020 Lupercalia edition). Any ideas on something close to this that’s more readily available in the catalog? I love the jasmine neroli/beeswax/smoke combo going on in this one, and the 2021 version seemed to lose those notes and turn into something different. 

The Lights of Men's Lives from the GC has the beeswax/smoke combo for me, but it doesn't have the floral notes. 

1 hour ago, torischroeder9 said:

The Lights of Men's Lives from the GC has the beeswax/smoke combo for me, but it doesn't have the floral notes. 

Layering The Lights of Men's Lives with Lorelei might be somewhere in the same realm! 

59 minutes ago, roseus said:

Layering The Lights of Men's Lives with Lorelei might be somewhere in the same realm! 

Thanks for both of y’all’s suggestions! Super helpful for me. I’ll keep an eye out for those two fragrances.

I loved Pere Noel, any suggestions for a Similar GC?

On Christmas Eve, French children leave shoes filled with carrots by their fireplaces as a treat for Gui, Père Noëls donkey. If the child has been good, Père Noël takes Guis offering and fills the childs shoes with sweet fruits, candies, and small toys.

Bright Sicilian oranges and sweet tangerines with a clink of lavender candy and a drop of anise

1 hour ago, ComicCreep said:

I loved Pere Noel, any suggestions for a Similar GC?

On Christmas Eve, French children leave shoes filled with carrots by their fireplaces as a treat for Gui, Père Noëls donkey. If the child has been good, Père Noël takes Guis offering and fills the childs shoes with sweet fruits, candies, and small toys.

Bright Sicilian oranges and sweet tangerines with a clink of lavender candy and a drop of anise

I love Pere Noel, but haven't been able to identify anything remotely similar in the GC catalogue. Carnal, maybe, but it's not even close. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:49 PM, Maggi said:

Anything similar to Faster Kittycat? I thought it was very nice but today I wore it on a run and the mix of cool down sweat and perfume is like catnip. This is a fragrance that smells even more amazing heated up. Of course I would discover this once the Lilith’s went down. 

Bumping this request... anyone?

Possibly Miss Forcible. It's got that classic, high-end, musk vibe, but lacks the mossiness. The only impable general catalog scent I can think of would maybe be Greed. It's got the mossy chypre thing, but it's more hippie than high-end, and leans more gender neutral vs. feminine. 

1 hour ago, Exquise-moi said:

Bumping this request... anyone?

On 12/3/2021 at 4:12 PM, VetchVesper said:

Possibly Miss Forcible. It's got that classic, high-end, musk vibe, but lacks the mossiness. The only impable general catalog scent I can think of would maybe be Greed. It's got the mossy chypre thing, but it's more hippie than high-end, and leans more gender neutral vs. feminine. 

Thank you for weighing in. Sounds like it's really a class of its own but that the two you suggest could take it in different directions.

And, to add an LE / GC comparison, Perversion is sweeter and missing the cardamom, but otherwise reminiscent of Cafe Mille et Une Nuits. 

Is there anything currently available that's lot like Anactoria?  I am mainly looking for that non-cloying 'white honey' note!

1 hour ago, KittyHamilton said:

Anyone know of any GC scents like Lurid Library or Endless Corridors? 🤔

for endless corridors, have you tried lights of men's lives? it has the smoky candle thing going on. 

I have developed a great affection for The Passionate Shepherd to His Love (2008 version specifically, though I imagine 2013 was just as good). For those who have never encountered this lovely scent, it has notes of heather, clover, Irish moss, English ivy, tea rose, and carnation. Unfortunately, it was a long ago Luper which no one has put up for sale in many years. Do folks have recommendations for anything else like it?

@crystaltongue I haven't tried that scent but I can think of a couple scents that might be in a similar vein!

The first that comes to mind is Solanine, The Flower Girl from CD: A woman stands behind you. She holds a basket overflowing with creeping vines and flowers: razor-thorned roses, vibrant bursts of oleander, drooping cascades of wisteria, sprays of white hemlock and lily of the valley, bruise-blue pillows of aconite, purple-veined henbane, and the snapping jaws of monstrously large flytraps, glistening wet with mucilage. Her clothes smell faintly of manchineel smoke, and her fingertips are stained green. She smiles and shudders as the green tendrils that surround her writhe and contract. She plucks a red-spotted mushroom from her basket and places it gently in your palm before turning away. 

This might be more garden-y and floral but sounds like it should be fairly green as well.

Another that comes to mind is The Forest Reverie: A sunlit ancient forest, dotted with wild roses, grape vine, and queenly lilies, clothed in swirls of opium smoke. Might need to be layered with something more mossy?

Currently there is a ménage of Fern, English Ivy, and Oakmoss that sounds like it could be a good starting point with layering with floral scents! I feel like the last few summers I've seen wildflower/meadow type scents that could potentially get you in the ballpark 

I managed to pick up Cluster of Cherry Blossoms from last year's Shungas. Curious to see if there are any available perfumes (maybe Gynotize!) that have that similar floral skin-musk that's clean without being soapy?