Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

You might like a Yule LE called La Befana (Candy charcoal, winter lilies, parma violet, a sprig of cypress, a poof of chimney dust, and holiday sweets). Despite all the listed notes, it's mostly berries & sweet violet on me.

It's not easy to find, but a discontinued blend called "Tum" might be a good fit. It had the same "grape candy/floral" vibe for me as Purple Phoenix did. Maybe if you post an ISO, someone will turn up who has an unloved bottle, or a decant to test?

Faustus is my first BPAL love, and it seems to have the same violet note as Purple Phoenix (which is another of my early loves! :D )

Thank you for all the great suggestions. I'm going to have to try and get my hands on some of those. I do believe I have some imps in my huge collection so I have a good start.

Isidore's Phonenix has more floral and isn't grapey at all but otherwise it's not bad. LE but maybe you could find it on the sales page.

Feathers of deep plum and wild violet darkly gleaming with myrrh, black amber, and benzoin.

Edited by patina

I'm down to a quarter of a bottle of my Luna Negra 2013 (A shrouded embrace: blackcurrant and amber with cassis, lavender, and deep purple mogra.). Anyone have a rec for a scent to replace it?

Wolf Moon 2011 "This pale and glittering moon hangs high over the deep snows and freezing winds of midwinter. January’s full moon has been named the Wolf Moon by many cultures, as the nights are filled with the howls of ravenous Wolf packs, and the danger of falling prey to the animal’s desperate hunger is at its peak.

This scent is that of unending, unquenchable hunger and feral madness. This is the dead of winter: a frozen night, chill wind, and the sharp, warm perfume of blood, fur, fang, and claw. Winter air, Terebinth pine, black spruce, long-dead maple leaves, juniper berry, dusty orris, deep amber, white sandalwood, brown musk, blue cedar, ambrette seed, benzoin, and tonka."

My best friend is looking for something similar to Wolf Moon 2011 and I'd like to order it for her birthday. Any suggestions? I did my best to search through this thread to see if anyone had already made suggestions but came up blank.

You might try Loup Garou -- (the wild, untamed essence of lycanthropy. Primeval in its raw power and insatiable hunger: juniper, cypress and galangal with the barest touch of eucalyptus).

You can probably find a bottle of Wolf Moon 2011 for sale on the forum here, too. I think I've seen it around, or I may be confusing it with another year.

Wolf Moon 2011 "This pale and glittering moon hangs high over the deep snows and freezing winds of midwinter. January’s full moon has been named the Wolf Moon by many cultures, as the nights are filled with the howls of ravenous Wolf packs, and the danger of falling prey to the animal’s desperate hunger is at its peak.

This scent is that of unending, unquenchable hunger and feral madness. This is the dead of winter: a frozen night, chill wind, and the sharp, warm perfume of blood, fur, fang, and claw. Winter air, Terebinth pine, black spruce, long-dead maple leaves, juniper berry, dusty orris, deep amber, white sandalwood, brown musk, blue cedar, ambrette seed, benzoin, and tonka."

My best friend is looking for something similar to Wolf Moon 2011 and I'd like to order it for her birthday. Any suggestions? I did my best to search through this thread to see if anyone had already made suggestions but came up blank.

You might try Loup Garou -- (the wild, untamed essence of lycanthropy. Primeval in its raw power and insatiable hunger: juniper, cypress and galangal with the barest touch of eucalyptus).

You can probably find a bottle of Wolf Moon 2011 for sale on the forum here, too. I think I've seen it around, or I may be confusing it with another year.

Oh thank you! I'll see if I can track down a bottle on sale and if not, Loup Garou sounds like a good possibility.

Oh thank you! I'll see if I can track down a bottle on sale and if not, Loup Garou sounds like a good possibility.

You could also try putting up an ISO post in the "wanted" forum, to let folks know you are looking for it. :)

You could also try putting up an ISO post in the "wanted" forum, to let folks know you are looking for it. :)

I always seem to forget that's an option! Thanks!

I love mints and Tulzscha is my all-time favorite. I have been away from BPAL for YEARS (as evidenced by my love of Tulzscha, lol) but now I'm getting back into it again. I have tried a few of the other mints from years ago - the one that comes to mind is Cathode, and they didn't work on me. I love how Tulzscha feels cold when I put it on. I've searched for an extra bottle of Tulzscha over the years and have never found one for sale so now I'm looking for a substitute.

I haven't tried Tulzscha, but one thing I like to do it do a reverse search - look for mentions of Tulzscha in other recs, reviews, and what people who loved it also liked. Here are some that are mentioned:

Squirting Cucumber with layered Tokyo Stomp or Mad Hatter

Squirting Cucumber plus Grr

Black Ice

If you like this, try: Blue Moon, Black Moon, Nuclear Winter

Crow Moon

Lick It

Lick It Again

Nuclear Winter

Snow-Flakes

Pain

Mad Hatter

Ultraviolet

I've never tried Tulzcha, I just thought I would throw my two favourite mints out there:

Envy - Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender

Anesthesia - peppermint, lavender, bergamot, and mandrake. Anesthesia is REALLY strong mint, and it does feel really cold to me when I put it on (I sleep with it on on the hottest night of summer, it really helps!) so I wonder if I might give you the same effect you`re looking for, even though it won`t be the same scent.

I love mints and Tulzscha is my all-time favorite. I have been away from BPAL for YEARS (as evidenced by my love of Tulzscha, lol) but now I'm getting back into it again. I have tried a few of the other mints from years ago - the one that comes to mind is Cathode, and they didn't work on me. I love how Tulzscha feels cold when I put it on. I've searched for an extra bottle of Tulzscha over the years and have never found one for sale so now I'm looking for a substitute.

Maybe Nuclear Winter and layer with a cucumber note. Squinting Cucumber?

I just used up my bottle of Monsterbait: Biggercritters. It was my favorite BPAL scent of all time.

The vanilla and florals really did give it a happy, fluffy, "snuggly" comforting feel, and it had such a beautiful grapefruit kick. I am a sucker for citrus-heavy blends,

Can anybody suggest something with a similar feel?

Edited by crimescenecleanup

Not sure if this is the right forum...

So I LOOOOVE the smell of Tarot Judgement. But, I only have a bit of an imp of it, and I tend to favor it for ritual use. Is there anything else that smells like it? I don't even know what the notes are, for sure. Seems to be patch, but I dunno what else.

Thank you for any help!

I can't remember if I posted this yet or not, but Undertow reminds me of a less complex version of Lunar Phoenix!

Same aquatic and lotus base!

This is probably a long-shot, but it's come up on the Facebook sales group for discussion lately:

Is there anything in the GC -- or even other LEs that are easier to find -- that is similar to Lucille Sharpe?

This is probably a long-shot, but it's come up on the Facebook sales group for discussion lately:

Is there anything in the GC -- or even other LEs that are easier to find -- that is similar to Lucille Sharpe?

I haven't really found anything that comes close. Bensiabel has a similar plum note, as does The Witch Queen, but they lack the depth of Lucille (to me). A Shadow in The Elevator maybe comes closest, but still not that similar. Some say Clytemnestra v3 is similar (no listed notes, but it's a dark fruity/floral.) I have both and don't find Clytemnestra comes that close. It's pretty hard to get your hands on anyway.

Hopefully others will have some suggestions! I would love to find something as well, as I adore Lucille.

Pick up a decant of this years luper: Importune Me No More. Personally, I find it to be VERY similar to Lady Lucille after you get past the high-pitched jasmine start. I did a test with Importune on one arm and Lucille on the other and honestly, there is definitely something similar.

Is there anything similar to Candy Phoenix? I am in love with it and it's my Holy Grail scent.

i tried Lucille when she first came out, but i don't remember her super well. based on the notes and my vague memories, though, i would try:

Madame Moriarty

Countess Willie

L'Examin de Minuit

Morgause

Bette Noir

Evil

Horreur Sympathique

Isidore's Phoenix

Snooty Rose

The Night-Raven

The Witch Queen

and while i haven't tried Zorya Vechernyaya yet since she was just released Friday, i have a feeling she will have that kind of vibe.

Looking for a GC equivalent of Dead Leaves Honeyed Patchouli and Champaca blossom. I love the sweetness and depth to this earthy blend