Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

...Those are my personal favorites (I also have & love Death Adder & The Great He-Goat), but here are a few more...

Whoa. You get me.

That's a superb list, I actually just added a few of those to my ever-growing Excel wishlist. I just found out about Lucifer last night and was heartbroken that I'd never get to try it, but then you posted that it was still available! I've ordered so much perfume in the past few days, though... but if there isn't much left, then... /waffles

Thanks for all your help! :D

Was reading all the older posts for the LM scents and :wub2: the Weenie update!!! Pumpkin is such a fav of so many why aren't there more pumpkin scents?? I adore all foody but give me smashing pumpkin any day. :joy:

Overall, I think there have been a lot of pumpkin scents, especially given the years that there were pumpkin patches in the Halloweenies. I know that there was a pumpkin shortage a few years ago, and that may have affected some of the supply. But unfortunately, the only pumpkin scent I can think of in the GC is Jack. I find Jack to be very strongly scented of buttered popcorn when fresh, but the butter scent ages out and I prefer it aged. Also, don't forget to check the Trading Post for pumpkin scents, though they will also be LE.

Edited by Poenari

Was reading all the older posts for the LM scents and :wub2: the Weenie update!!! Pumpkin is such a fav of so many why aren't there more pumpkin scents?? I adore all foody but give me smashing pumpkin any day. :joy:

Overall, I think there have been a lot of pumpkin scents, especially given the years that there were pumpkin patches in the Halloweenies. I know that there was a pumpkin shortage a few years ago, and that may have affected some of the supply. But unfortunately, the only pumpkin scent I can think of in the GC is Jack. I find Jack to be very strongly scented of buttered popcorn when fresh, but the butter scent ages out and I prefer it aged. Also, don't forget to check the Trading Post for pumpkin scents, though they will also be LE.

I did get Jack and I love it, does have a buttery popcorn smell to it. I just ordered Hoggle so I will wait and see. Can't wait for fall. :lol:

Just tested Roses, Pearls and Diamonds today and found it very similar to Raptures and Roses of Vice. But GC! So I know where to go when my raptures vanish!

Tzi

Just tested Roses, Pearls and Diamonds today and found it very similar to Raptures and Roses of Vice. But GC! So I know where to go when my raptures vanish!

Tzi

I think this too, though the roses of RPaD seem to be more strong tea roses, and very red. RaRoV are more creamy white roses. RPaD is definitely my go-to for after my bottle/s run out, but for now there is a clear favourite. ;)

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I love love love Mercurial Phoenix 2013 (and so does my skin). Any ideas on similar GC scents or possible blends that could evoke something like it? If I had known, I would have ordered a case back in the day...thank you!

Please forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I love love love Mercurial Phoenix 2013 (and so does my skin). Any ideas on similar GC scents or possible blends that could evoke something like it? If I had known, I would have ordered a case back in the day...thank you!

A blessing of wit, opportunity, and skill: yellow sandalwood, bergamot, gum mastic, gum Arabic, lavender, lemongrass, angelica root, and anise.

That's a difficult one it has lemongrass which does occur in the GC but it also has a soft woodsy scent from the gum arabic and yellow sandalwood. This combination doesn't occur a lot in the GC.

I'd look for scents which are lemongrass dominant like: Phobos, notes: Chilling white musk, lemon verbena, white grapefruit and lemongrass and Namaste, notes: Sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass.

You could also look for scents which have citrus combined with something fuzzy like The Butterfly, notes: Fuzzy brown tonka bean, golden amber, bergamot, and petitgrain. Or citrus scents which have something woodsy in them.

Frederick is the hubs's signature scent, and there ain't another leap year till 2016! We somehow via trades etc ended up with 3 bottles, but he wears scent every day. In short, we're out. Are there any GC equivalents before I go to the sales boards?

so someone gave me a half-full imp of "in his hands all thy cruelties thrive," and i LOVE it...but unfortunately, i'm having a hard time finding much more of it. i'd love some recommendations for other things to try, if anyone has any!

what's in it: "Gleaming black vetiver, bay laurel, opoponax, hiba wood, Spanish moss, clove, and leather accord"

the clove fades pretty quickly on me, which is fine (i like clove scent, but that isn't the main draw); what i love about it is the smokiness, the touch of leaves & wood scent, and the slightly sweet green notes (also: the hint of danger).

which other oils smell like this one, or like a darker (or) more resiny (or) deeper (or) more woodsy-rich (or) spicier version of it?

for the record, most florals are a *disaster* on me, as is anything that smells too soft & powdery; my skin also has a funny tendency to turn a lot of really great incense-smelling oils into something that smells like sticky cherry cola (still haven't figured that out).

thank you in advance! :)

Halloweenies should be dropping soon and there is nearly always an auntumn scent with dead leaves and smoky vetiver. (Look for descriptors like Khus and smoke. Khus tends to be more expensive vetiver and the smoke notes are often vetiver in disguise). I know they aren't GC, but they are about to be readily available.

oh, great advice! i'll be sure to do that, thank you. :)

Halloweenies should be dropping soon and there is nearly always an auntumn scent with dead leaves and smoky vetiver. (Look for descriptors like Khus and smoke. Khus tends to be more expensive vetiver and the smoke notes are often vetiver in disguise). I know they aren't GC, but they are about to be readily available.

I got a decant of Count Dracula, and I'm in LOVE, but I've had zero luck finding more in the swaps and sales forums. Anyone have any suggestions for a GC substitute?

The notes, for reference:

Black patchouli, neroli, tonka, cinnamon, bitter clove, leather, black musk, coffin wood and fiery ginger.

I know that someone asked this back in 2008, but I'd like to know if any other GCs have come out that sound like a better fit (Old Demons of the First Class sounds sorta promising). (update: nope, Old Demons was not what I was looking for.)

Edited by vthesiren

If anyone is ever looking for a GC similar to Araña or Feed Me and Fill Me With Pleasure, try Antikythera Mechanism. AM used to be one of my beloved go-tos, but I find the other two variations a touch more "me". If I ever run out of both, though, I'll be able to turn to AM to fill my need for deep, sweet woodiness.

I just discovered Marianne and am absolutely in love with it.

It has: Red musk, bergamot, black currant, mimosa, orchid, patchouli, and lotus root.

I'm thinking it's the red musk that I really like? But am not totally sure. Does anyone have any recs. for scents that are similar? Or scents that have the red musk?

Thanks ahead of time!

Red musk is amazing, and one of my favorite notes. Some ideas:

GC (impable):

Scherezade--red musk + spices

Le Lethe--red musk, amber, tobacco, spice

Snake Oil--this is very vanilla, red musk-y and patchouli on me, although there are so many components that it smells really different on everyone

LE (harder, but not impossible to find):

Mme Moriarty--plum, pomegranate, vanilla, patchouli, red musk (very popular around here)

Witch Dance--smoke, incense, leaves, and red musk

Smut--musk (heavy on the red, IMO), booze, and sugar

Good Luck!

ETA--There is a red musk thread around here somewhere, although the link in the "common recommendations" thread seems to be broken. But if you can find it, I'm sure there will be lots of ideas there.

Edited by Alainn

So I, of course, fell deeply in love with sprinklecake :(

I have one bottle that won't last very long at this rate.

I'm new to this, can anybody reccomend something close to sprinklecake that is still for sale on the website? Not LE or swaps just for sale?

I need to know I can buy something easily. :(

Thanks!!!!

Hello and welcome, first of all. :) I haven't tried Sprinklecake, but the notes look similar enough that you might want to try Eat Me from the Mad Tea Party collection. The notes are three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants. It might be a little deeper than Sprinklecake because of the currants, but you could always try an imp first. Eat Me is a little dark and sweetly spicy on me, but very much a cake scent.

ETA: Oh, and another one to consider is Cockaigne from the Wanderlust collection (down at the bottom of the page under The Phantom Islands): milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine. I can't personally give you any thoughts on it because I haven't tried it yet, but the reviews make it sound really delicious for cake scent fans.

Edited by boomtownrat

Hello and welcome!!! I had Sprinklecake once and I loved it, but it faded real fast on me....BUT you might like Detestable Putrescence....described as "melty vanilla ice cream" and to me, it was more a vanilla cake like scent. You can find it under "Gris Grimly" section on the website! It's a GC scent!!! Good luck!

Thank you, everyone!

I have an imp of eat and drink me on the way. Sprinklecake fades fast on me also, but man do I love it. Totally my night time behind the ears comfort scent.

I'm going to check out detestable for sure. I don't know how I missed that one.

I'm also going to get an jimp of cockaigne. I'm a BIT afraid of that one because of the wine. Anything alcoholic scented turns my stomach. Not a drinker. Ha. It might not come out on me though so you never know.

Thanks again!

Just FYI, Sprinklecake is quite easy to find for sale on the Forum. If you really want that particular oil, you should be able to pick up one or two bottles with no trouble at all.

I totally agree with suggestions for Eat Me and Detestable Putrescence. Cockaigne is great. Comes across as maple syrupy to me. If you're looking for that light pink note for blending purposes, I would suggest finding Pink Phoenix. It pops up on the forum sales page occasionally. It smells like My Little Ponies and Strawberry Shortcake dolls to me XD

Now this might be harder to find, but:

Golletes is pretty awesome. Sweet sugary pink foody goodness.

Also you might like Beaver Moon 2010. Sweet sugary sticky creamy!

On the HTF impossible side..but I have to say it...: Cake Smash ;)

I found Halloween in Vegas to be a near-ringer for Sprinklecake. It's another LE, but you might find a bottle on e-bay or here on the Sale forums ;)