Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

I just fell madly in love with Teatime in Roswell (Earl Grey, biscuits, Battenberg cake, and strangely-glowing cucumber sandwiches). It is now my precious. Is there anything in the GC that matches it?

Midnight Kiss is approaching Holy Grail status. Anything in the GC with the same feel?

I love Midnight Kiss, and I heartily recommend Centzon Totochtin! The notes are "Bittersweet Mexican cocoa with rum, red wine, and a scent redolent of sacrificial blood." And I can't even begin to tell you how beautifully it ages. :wub2:

I just fell madly in love with Teatime in Roswell (Earl Grey, biscuits, Battenberg cake, and strangely-glowing cucumber sandwiches). It is now my precious. Is there anything in the GC that matches it?

The cucumber in Teatime in Roswell smells pretty similar to the honeydew in Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat. I got nothing else from TIR but cucumber, though, so YMMV.

It's not a very popular scent, but I've fallen head over heels in love with Burning Vulva. It's so hard to find, though! Could anyone please help me out with something a little more readily available, that has a similar ginger/orange blossom/sandalwood vibe going on? Thank you so much!

Loviatar. My first and still most prominent love. I want to slather myself in it. I was to roll in it. I want to love it and coo at it and call it George. But I have only 1.5 imps, so it's a very very special occasions scent. Anyone have a suggestion(s)for scents that smell like it, or several scents that when layered smell like it?

Loviatar. My first and still most prominent love. I want to slather myself in it. I was to roll in it. I want to love it and coo at it and call it George. But I have only 1.5 imps, so it's a very very special occasions scent. Anyone have a suggestion(s)for scents that smell like it, or several scents that when layered smell like it?

Aged Krampus (I say "aged" b/c my bottle is from 2007, I think. I haven't tried any newer ones) smells almost identical to Loviatar on me, maybe a tiny bit lighter on the leather but not by much...and it seems to be a LOT easier to find.

Is Glittering Apple of the Stars much like Ladon? They seem to be similarly structured, from the descriptions (apples + floral + light musks + a sweet base note), but I haven't seen any explicit comparisons.

Is Glittering Apple of the Stars much like Ladon? They seem to be similarly structured, from the descriptions (apples + floral + light musks + a sweet base note), but I haven't seen any explicit comparisons.

It's been a while since I sniffed/tried Ladon, but no--I remember hoping for apple from it, but dry, I got hyacinth and an old-ladyish feel from Ladon, whereas Glittering Apple stayed a crisp sweet/sugary crystalline apple.

I agree with angelamarie to the extent that the two scents (Glittering Apple and Ladon) may have similar sounding components but are not alike. I believe the 'hyacinth' note described is most likely due to the Dragon's Blood resin in Ladon (which I adore, BTW), while there is no DBR in Glittering Apple (which I also love). Glittering apple is a crystalline apple, almost too sweet but it stops just short, to my nose, of overdoing it. But like Ladon? Not to my nose.

Ok so I'm dying for some Mme. Moriarty/ Snake Charmer. They're both very similar on me and I can't get either lol. Any suggestions as to what would help me get the same effect?.

I found The Arbor very similar to Mme. Moriarty. You might also consider Lust or Semiramis.

I have not found anything that's really close to Snake Charmer. However, you may want to give The Grindhouse a try, if you can find it. It's got a similar vibe (floral-oriental, vanilla-musk). The Velvets, which I believe is still available, is another one that's worth a shot (musky incense).

I find Crowley similar to Mme Moriarty, without so much of the red fruit aspects--you could try layering it with something fruity.

Edited by orata

I got a sample of this in a buy and LOVED IT! I plan on adding it to my shampoo and conditioner and everything I can... it reminds me of what I *hoped* O would do but sadly didn't live up to once it dried down. Alas being an LE, it's hard to find and PRICEY - even decants are expensive! So what other BPAL scents are similar - heavy on the honey, or maybe a touch of vanilla, and with touches of yummy spices too? I just want to lick myself everytime I have it on, which is really something since so many fragrance oils give me migraines or other issues. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Jenn

I got a sample of this in a buy and LOVED IT! I plan on adding it to my shampoo and conditioner and everything I can... it reminds me of what I *hoped* O would do but sadly didn't live up to once it dried down. Alas being an LE, it's hard to find and PRICEY - even decants are expensive! So what other BPAL scents are similar - heavy on the honey, or maybe a touch of vanilla, and with touches of yummy spices too? I just want to lick myself everytime I have it on, which is really something since so many fragrance oils give me migraines or other issues. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Jenn

Another huge Mead Moon fan, here. I have tried almost all of the honey-heavy scents and the closest to Mead Moon, on me, is No. 93 Engine. Now, they are definitely different scents. No. 93 Engine is more resinous. But they, to me, share a similar character in the honey/beeswax area.

Osun is almost a dead ringer on my skin, although slightly cooler without that lemon-y note that I sometimes get from Mead Moon. Another LE, although much easier to find, is Honey Mone. It's more of a dripping, thick honey, whereas Osun is light, cool and sweet.

Osun is almost a dead ringer on my skin, although slightly cooler without that lemon-y note that I sometimes get from Mead Moon. Another LE, although much easier to find, is Honey Mone. It's more of a dripping, thick honey, whereas Osun is light, cool and sweet.

It's so funny how differently things react to people's skin. On me, Osun is too-sweet floral powder, almost unrecognizable as honey. Hony Mone was also very floral on me. The Rappacini's Apiary scents varied a lot, though none were much like Mead Moon on my skin. Horse Chestnut Honey was very foody, though, and would probably be the closest for me from that series.

I am down to my last ml or so of Yule 2010...can anyone suggest similar scents from the GC or from this year's Yule update? I'm really looking for the strong pine/fir notes that seem to be not all there in this year's version...these woodsy/green notes are similar to those found in Silent Forest bath oil as well. :thud:

Edited by annaham

Have you tried Yew Trees, Nocnitsa, or Black Forest? These are all great pine/fir blends! Each are just a teensy bit different, so you might try to find imps for sale/swap on the forum to see if any are bottle-worthy for you. The description of Yew Trees says something about 'sweet,' but I never got anything but evergreens from it on me.

Have you tried Yew Trees, Nocnitsa, or Black Forest? These are all great pine/fir blends! Each are just a teensy bit different, so you might try to find imps for sale/swap on the forum to see if any are bottle-worthy for you. The description of Yew Trees says something about 'sweet,' but I never got anything but evergreens from it on me.

I've tried Yew Trees but it faded within about ten minutes; I'll have to get imps of these with my next order! Thanks for the recs. :)