Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

Ice Queen and Lady of Shalott smell very similar on me.

err...umm...

*sigh*

I wish. Seriously. I adore Ice Queen, and I hoard her like mad. It would be fantastic if Lady of Shallot was her match to me. But...to me...no go. I love them both, but to me they smell nothing alike.

Ah, the wonders of skin chemistry.

I adore Ice Queen, and I hoard her like mad. It would be fantastic if Lady of Shallot was her match to me. But...to me...no go. I love them both, but to me they smell nothing alike.

Ah, the wonders of skin chemistry.

Yeah, they smell nothing alike on me either. Unfortunately, they were also both disastrous on me. :P

I had the change to try Hearth and it reminds me a lot of Jack in the drydown phase. And the BF started sneezing like he does with Jack so at least there is a common note somewhere.

Hemlock reminded me a bit of Skadi but only when wet,

Midwinter*s Eve=Bordello - dead on.  I hate them both *lol*  Much too sweet for me.

Weird, I hated Bordello and love Midwinter's Eve (but I can see where you're coming from with the plum). I find on the dry down ME is very similar to Carnal.

I didn't find Dana O Shee and Snow White to be at all alike, Dana O Shee smells heavily of almonds to me almost exactly like Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme (which I adore!) Snow White was much more floral with a creamy undertone....actually The Unicorn reminds me very much of Snow White just without the creaminess.

The Living Flame and Venom are very similar- Venom has lime whereas TLF has pink grapefruit...both are yummy :P

Chaste Moon is similar to Dana O'Shee and Sudha Sugara.

Hetairae is like O crossed with La Petit Mort and Patchouli single note.

I didn't find Dana O Shee and Snow White to be at all alike, Dana O Shee smells heavily of almonds to me almost exactly like Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme (which I adore!) Snow White was much more floral with a creamy undertone....actually The Unicorn reminds me very much of Snow White just without the creaminess.

It's true: Dana O'Shee and Snow White are completely different. They both have a certain creaminess--that is all (though I wish that Dana O'Shee smelled like Snow White on me... :P )

Now, I just need a perfect Damnation Dupe and I'm set :D

I thought Verdandi & Mabon smelled similar. Verdandi is Mabon without the boozy scent on me. The blackberry wine in Mabon faded quickly on me, so I was left with spiced apple cider. Verdandi's got that same exact scent (again, minus the booze).

Hmmm...I *love* Samhain, and although I'm not in imminant danger of running out, I'd love to know of any similar scents that I can try.  Jack sounds like it would be good for a Samhain fan, though I've never tried it...

i agree, i like both but they are not alike.

Hmmm...I *love* Samhain, and although I'm not in imminant danger of running out, I'd love to know of any similar scents that I can try.  Jack sounds like it would be good for a Samhain fan, though I've never tried it...

i agree, i like both but they are not alike.

They're totally different...they both have pumpkin notes, but that's all. Jack starts out very "candy peachy" and buttery--the savory kind of butter :D It's drydown is candied yams though :D :D

If you're into the fruity/green/woodsy combination, hunt down Mabon :P I'd call that a better fit for a Samhain fan...that or maybe Dia de los Muertos (though that also has florals)

ok i compared perversion to f54 i was praying i would see them the same as f54 is *the* scent as far as i am concerned sure otehrs are great but it is the most incredible thing...anyway i digress, the perversion top note is vanilla to me, the the peppery spicy base, f54 was a fruity, winey topnote, w/ the same spicy background, however the topnote for me is my favorite, yes it would not be the same w/o the back supprot but even tho i like perversion, and it is beautiful, and i actually rated it an 8 on my personal spread sheet (1-10 scale 10 being best) it for me is not a substitute for f54. :P

I think Santo Domingo is a great sub for 54. The tobacco flower note is strikingly similar. I also think that Dracul could pass for a masculine version of 54. Perhaps layering the two might give a great result.

I can't speak to the similarity between Skadi and Dublin, as I haven't gotten around to acquiring an imp of Dublin yet -- but, to my nose, Nocnitsa layered over just the smallest touch of Jester is a pretty good approximation of Skadi.

Gingerbread and Sudha Segara, to me Sudha is the summer version of Gingerbread.

They are also good to wear together to amp the ginger in both

Edited by quinkel

I think that the BB exclusive Sol is like three witches, although I have a kooky nose!

Chaste moon is like a tamed down jack with white flowers mixed in.

Weirdly enough, but there is something about hellfire that reminds me of Samhain. It just needs the addition of a fruity component and maybe a touch of cinnamon. Like hellfire with the hesperides with a touch o sin.

Then for hearth, hellfire with something with a strong cherry note...Not that anyone is looking to dupe hearth :-(

Hmmmm, I think old dublin is reminiscent of skadi, but i'd almost want to add a drop of black forest and a drop of mabon (well, okay, so not mabon, something with current or blackberry) to the bottle of dublin

I know they aren't much alike but dirty reminds me of antique lace in some ways.

Edited by kmasden

Hellfire and The Red Queen= Hearth. Though it smells better. :P

Maybe Bewitched for the fruity note with Dublin, for Skadi?

Verdandi smells a lot like Samhain, maybe Hellfire, a drop of Jack, and it mixed would be even closer?

I think that the BB exclusive Sol is like three witches, although I have a kooky nose!

Chaste moon is like a tamed down jack with white flowers mixed in.

Weirdly enough, but there is something about hellfire that reminds me of Samhain. It just needs the addition of a fruity component and maybe a touch of cinnamon. Like hellfire with the hesperides with a touch o sin.

Then for hearth, hellfire with something with a strong cherry note...Not that anyone is looking to dupe hearth :-(

Hmmmm, I think old dublin is reminiscent of skadi, but i'd almost want to add a drop of black forest and a drop of mabon (well, okay, so not mabon, something with current or blackberry) to the bottle of dublin

I know they aren't much alike but dirty reminds me of antique lace in some ways.

I looked but I didn't see this. If it's mentioned can someone point me to the post...

I really, really like Frost Moon.

Although I plan on getting as much of it as I can when I have the money, is there anything similar? With a lot of mint, perferably?

I really, really like Frost Moon.

Although I plan on getting  as much of it as I can when I have the money, is there anything similar? With a lot of mint, perferably?

Have you tried Shattered? I thought it quite similar.

Edited by riddel

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to what (regular catalog scent) smells like Hunter Moon? I see someone mentioned Lampades before, and I am about to eagerly order it in hopes that it will come out very close on me. But, I was wondering if anyone else had more suggestions? I just got an imp of it yesterday and I am horribly, horribly upset that I won't have a chance to get more of this, because it is probably my most favorite scent at this point.

Dead Man's Hand and Geburah.

While they're not exactly the same, they're close enough for my tastes and I think like the leather notes in these better than any other BPAL leather notes.

It's nice to know I'll have something new to slather my husband in after DMH runs out!