Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

Is there any GC like Creepy?

You could also try Grog. It's very butterscotch (or buttered rum Lifesavers) without much rum, IMO.

ETA: It's been quite a while since I tried Creepy, but I remember it being a strong butterscotch scent for me. If I'm wrong, forgive me. :)

Edited by Penance

Hmmmmm. I do get butterscotch from Creepy, but I also get a LOT of apple, which is what I'm really looking for, I think! I have tried Agrat Bat Mahlaht and recall that the amber and florals made it pretty sweet on me. I like Grog, but it doesn't have that apple note that makes Creepy such a winner for me.

These two were very similar to my nose:

Penumbra (LE)

Rich purple musk, moonflower, red sandalwood, black amber, oakmoss, copal, lavender, neroli, tobacco, and pomegranate.

Dionysia (CD)

Wild plum, pomegranate, raspberry, Siamese benzoin, plum blossom, patchouli, frankincense, and mahogany.

They both had a resiny fruitiness but Dionysia's drydown is amazing and longer lasting though.

Hmmmmm. I do get butterscotch from Creepy, but I also get a LOT of apple, which is what I'm really looking for, I think! I have tried Agrat Bat Mahlaht and recall that the amber and florals made it pretty sweet on me. I like Grog, but it doesn't have that apple note that makes Creepy such a winner for me.

Ahh, gotcha. I don't remember getting apple from Creepy, but (like I said), it's been quite a while. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :blush2:

Ahh, gotcha. I don't remember getting apple from Creepy, but (like I said), it's been quite a while. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :blush2:

But you WERE helpful because you made me remember how much I like Grog! :lol: Maybe I could layer that with something appley.

There's a close family resemblance between Pomegranate II (Yule 2010) and Croquet (Mad Tea Party GC). They're certainly not identical, but if you love one (or need just a small tweak) I'd suggest trying the other.

Pomegranate II: Pomegranate, white musk, lemon verbena, grapefruit, pink lime.

Croquet: Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Hi there!

Newb here, I did search but couldn't find anything GC, I'm loving Hope, but don't really want to buy Faith... Would there be a GC equivalent? Thanks :wub2:

Your best GC bet would be Roses, Pearls and Diamonds[/i]. The notes are:

Red roses, dazzling crystalline musks, and pearlescent coconut-tinged orris.

You could also try London which won't be as sweet as Hope but has a similar tea rose note: Tea Rose… twisted, blackened and emboldened with wickedness.

Your best GC bet would be Roses, Pearls and Diamonds[/i]. The notes are:

Red roses, dazzling crystalline musks, and pearlescent coconut-tinged orris.

You could also try London which won't be as sweet as Hope but has a similar tea rose note: Tea Rose… twisted, blackened and emboldened with wickedness.

Thank you so much for the recs! :D

This talk of Hope reminded me...

Are there any GCs similar to Faith? Violet Ray was my sugared-violet scent, but, well.. :cry2: She's gone now.

Maybe... whatwasitsname... gah, I'm so bad at remembering scent names lately... let me have a look at my spreadsheet...

Got it! :D

I Died For Beauty - The Venusian splendor of ylang ylang and violet stirred by hyssop, frankincense, and grave loam.

It's definitely a soft, sweet violet. If you get along with the grave loam and soft smokiness, it might work. I'd give it a try at least if you don't know it yet. :wub2:

Edited by blu°

Maybe... whatwasitsname... gah, I'm so bad at remembering scent names lately... let me have a look at my spreadsheet...

Got it! :D

I Died For Beauty - The Venusian splendor of ylang ylang and violet stirred by hyssop, frankincense, and grave loam.

It's definitely a soft, sweet violet. If you get along with the grave loam and soft smokiness, it might work. I'd give it a try at least if you don't know it yet. :wub2:

Thank you! Grave loam and I do get along pretty well, so I will definitely look into it!

Ok maybe a stupid question but i need to ask :blush:

Wich GC could be compaired to MB Underpants :D

Yes i know we all love it :wub2: ^_^

I did heared Cockaigne had a touch of it but maybe any more?

Going to place a order tomorrow :D

Ok so this isn't GC, but for those of you mourning the loss of Fairy Market, Midwinters Eve is a DEAD RINGER to me

Of course, I don't know about this years blend, but when I tried fairy market, all I could think of was Midwinter's Eve

I just tested Cockaigne and thought it was more like Beaver Moon 05 than Underpants. Underpants is a very unique scent, and so far I haven't come across anything similar in the GC.

I just tested Cockaigne and thought it was more like Beaver Moon 05 than Underpants. Underpants is a very unique scent, and so far I haven't come across anything similar in the GC.

Aah well i already orderd a bottle of Cockaigne ^_^ , but beavermoon 05 is very yummy aswell.

I just have to talk about the similarities in Cathedral and An Altar to Cold, Rigid, Dreadful Death. I love Cathedral, but... Altar is Cathedral but better. Better by one hundred million times. It has a spiciness that Cathedral does not, and it makes the blend absolutely perfect. When I first smelled it out of my decant, though, I found it so similar to Cathedral that it took me a side by side test to pick out the difference. Cathedral would be a great substitute if/when I run out, but I really don't want to run out. I may have to see where I can cut my expenses and buy a whole bunch of bottles of Altar before they go away.

That's strange. I don't find Cathedral and An Altar similar at all, other than the shared cedar (I'm positive they share a cedar note since it's the same slightly sweet, rich wood in both). I :heart: Cathedral (it's my go-to, default scent) and I like An Altar, but they're pretty different on me.

An Altar is sharp and almost astringent cedar (although I can smell that Cathedral cedar sweetness in the background), while Cathedral is resinous, dry and slightly sweet in comparison. Aged Cathedral is also much tamer in the cedar department, but I also have fresh and they still don't smell the same to me. I guess our noses are different. :smilenod:

Can anyone suggest something that smells like "The Girl"? My husband has recently fallen in love with "The Girl" on me and would like to get me something similar for when I run out of "The Girl".

That's strange. I don't find Cathedral and An Altar similar at all, other than the shared cedar (I'm positive they share a cedar note since it's the same slightly sweet, rich wood in both). I :heart: Cathedral (it's my go-to, default scent) and I like An Altar, but they're pretty different on me.

An Altar is sharp and almost astringent cedar (although I can smell that Cathedral cedar sweetness in the background), while Cathedral is resinous, dry and slightly sweet in comparison. Aged Cathedral is also much tamer in the cedar department, but I also have fresh and they still don't smell the same to me. I guess our noses are different. :smilenod:

That's really entertaining to me - I have the exact opposite experience. For me, Cathedral is a very sharp cedar while Altar, funnily enough, is almost all frankincense on me and is milder, sweeter, and spicier. Honestly, if I had gotten both from the same person instead of one off the forum and one off the Lab, I would have said I'd had my labels switched on my based on their descriptions. Skin chemistry is a funny thing!

That's really entertaining to me - I have the exact opposite experience. For me, Cathedral is a very sharp cedar while Altar, funnily enough, is almost all frankincense on me and is milder, sweeter, and spicier. Honestly, if I had gotten both from the same person instead of one off the forum and one off the Lab, I would have said I'd had my labels switched on my based on their descriptions. Skin chemistry is a funny thing!

Weird! Skin chemistry is definitely a funny thing. It's amazing how different things smell on people. :D

Okay, I'm real bummed that mint, my dealbreaker note, ruined Pink Snowballs by swamping out whatever vanilla/rose there was in the blend. But I hold out on the vain hope that there is a rose/vanilla blend that resembles Pink Snowballs but without the mint. Anything like that in GC or LE? Or is this but a vain hope?