Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

Dreamland is beautiful. What I like about it is that it's a summery, cool, watery floral, yet it's sophisticated enough for a woman of my years and dignity. :twisted: The musk is what gets it there.

I do have Bean Man and Bean Woman Prepare To Attack the Vagina on order, and it too contains florals and skin musk, so I'm hoping for something similar, but we'll see!

Does anyone who's actually sniffed Victoriana.Goth have a GC suggestion? That's my new Holy Grail scent! In terms of notes, it sounds rather like Les Fleurs du Mal and Ode on Melancholy, but you never know, which is why I'd like to hear from a "real live" sniffer! :D

Anyone know of anything similar to Dark Chocolate, Whisky and Cognac? I'm looking for that deep, dark chocolate with the slightest hint of oak-aging barrels from the whisky.

Bliss has a similar in-your-face chocolate note, like DarkChocolateWhiskeyCognac does. Maybe Bliss layered with Mad Sweeney?

And while I'm in this thread, I am in love with the particular vetiver from Fuwu Bansaku. Any close matches?

Edited by crimescenecleanup

Bliss has a similar in-your-face chocolate note, like DarkChocolateWhiskeyCognac does. Maybe Bliss layered with Mad Sweeney?

And while I'm in this thread, I am in love with the particular vetiver from Fuwu Bansaku. Any close matches?

Man, that was what I was going to suggest. ;)

Hello,

Alas, my "favorite BPAL scent ever" is a LE.

I totally love Lady Lilith.

Although it's not yet very hard to find I would like to find other scents that have the same feeling to them.

This is what's in the scent:

Climbing rose, vanilla cream, vanilla flower, white tea, mandarin, red and white musks, opium poppy, Parma violet, and opoponax.

The problem is that I don't what I love so much about it.

I like how it's floral and sweet without being foody dissapearing in a half a hour.

It's a scent that really makes me feel pretty.

I'm usually nog a big fan of violets but I don't really smell them in this blend.

I also don't really like citrus scents, but mandarin seams to work fine.

Also the vanilla is soft and not overpowering or foody.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Having tried both, I think that The Harp of Cnoc l'Crosgair (and I am darned if I can spell it) is very close to Brisingamen. If you like the Harp, you will like Brisingamen, and vice versa.

I loooooooove Twisted Oak Tree. I'm searching the sales and swaps, but in the mean time - and if I just can't find it - I'm looking for scents that might be similar. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!

Edited by strahlend

I loooooooove Twisted Oak Tree. I'm searching the sales and swaps, but in the mean time - and if I just can't find it - I'm looking for scents that might be similar. Does anyone have recommendations?

While I'm at it, if anyone has recommendations for a GC that might be similar to Gypsy Queen that would be super helpful too.

Thanks!

I love TOT too...it's one of my Top 10, AAMOF, and I don't think I've ever found its equivalent. I hope someone else can help us both, LOL!

And another equivalency - Bean Man and Bean Woman Prepare To Attack the Vagina is a lot like Pele.

Hello,

Alas, my "favorite BPAL scent ever" is a LE.

I totally love Lady Lilith.

Although it's not yet very hard to find I would like to find other scents that have the same feeling to them.

This is what's in the scent:

Climbing rose, vanilla cream, vanilla flower, white tea, mandarin, red and white musks, opium poppy, Parma violet, and opoponax.

The problem is that I don't what I love so much about it.

I like how it's floral and sweet without being foody dissapearing in a half a hour.

It's a scent that really makes me feel pretty.

I'm usually nog a big fan of violets but I don't really smell them in this blend.

I also don't really like citrus scents, but mandarin seams to work fine.

Also the vanilla is soft and not overpowering or foody.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

I also love Lady Lilith. While there's nothing I really think is all that similar, I just realized this week that Two Loves and Three Brides give somewhat the same feel -- even Copper Phoenix, I would put in the same family. YMMV, of course. And I completely fail at helping, because that's one Salon and two LEs... :(

Two Loves: Love beyond reach: sunset tones of amber, red musk, and blood orange with three chains of roses, velvet moss, white lilies, crocuses, violets, poppies, blue musk, neroli, angel's trumpet, frankincense, benzoin, and night-blooming flowers.

Three Brides: Moroccan rose, king mandarin, red sandalwood, Egyptian amber, orchid, carnation, benzoin, tonka, calla lily, vanilla flower.

Copper Phoenix: Rose-infused dark amber, with sweet orange, honey, cardamom, patchouli, apricot, pink pepper, and red sandalwood.

And another equivalency - Bean Man and Bean Woman Prepare To Attack the Vagina is a lot like Pele.

I've lost it...I read this as "a lot like Pee" and thought, that's really harsh, unless it contains civet in which case...yeah, pee. ;)

I managed to get ahold of a decant of Black Temple Burlesque Troupe, and have fallen completely in love with it--are there any GC scents that smell similar?

i know it's the black musk but incubus smelled very similar to black temple burlesque. i get zero cacao for black temple and a lightly sweet black musk from incubus.

I managed to get ahold of a decant of Black Temple Burlesque Troupe, and have fallen completely in love with it--are there any GC scents that smell similar?

i know it's the black musk but incubus smelled very similar to black temple burlesque. i get zero cacao for black temple and a lightly sweet black musk from incubus.

Try Haunted. They are VERY similar to my nose

I particularly love the White Rose scent from the White Rose/Red Rose pairing - and when I recently tried Roses, Pearls and Diamonds from the GC it struck me that they're a bit similar :D I love having a light, fresh rose scent (not that I don't appreciate the dark, sexy ones on occasion too).

Try Haunted. They are VERY similar to my nose

Thank you for the suggestions! :D Gives me a couple more scents to try~

J'adore Anti-Saloon League but don't have to do back flips for additional bottles. I dabbed on 1 part Love's Philosophy, 1 part The Girl and 2 parts Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener and it's a considerably lovely likeness. :wub:

Is there anything even remotely like Gothabilly? I love it, but I can't shell out $200 on ebay...

Is there anything even remotely like Gothabilly? I love it, but I can't shell out $200 on ebay...

The most approximate pairing I had was to layer MB: Bloody Mary(for the cherries) and The Ankythera Mechanism(for the black vanilla). It's still missing the alcholic fruitiness of the liquer, but I found it to be remarkably similar. Try it.

Any suggestions for a replacement for Brom Bones?

It is about the sexiest thing ever on my husband, and he slathers himself in it regularly. (He described it as "subtle," lord help him. Brom Bones is about as subtle as a monster truck.)

He won't heed my warnings about using it up too quickly. He looooves the leather in it. I've suggested Crowley, Krampus, Galvanic Goggles (all of which I already own) but he hasn't cared for them. The only other BPAL he's worn regularly was Odin, which he liked... until Brom Bones came around, and now that's all he'll touch. While, to be honest, he's not really the rugged masculine type, he clearly likes to pretend to be.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. (A GC would be great, but even a potentially-reoccuring LE would be doable.) Thanks!

Any suggestions for a replacement for Brom Bones?

It is about the sexiest thing ever on my husband, and he slathers himself in it regularly. (He described it as "subtle," lord help him. Brom Bones is about as subtle as a monster truck.)

He won't heed my warnings about using it up too quickly. He looooves the leather in it. I've suggested Crowley, Krampus, Galvanic Goggles (all of which I already own) but he hasn't cared for them. The only other BPAL he's worn regularly was Odin, which he liked... until Brom Bones came around, and now that's all he'll touch. While, to be honest, he's not really the rugged masculine type, he clearly likes to pretend to be.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. (A GC would be great, but even a potentially-reoccuring LE would be doable.) Thanks!

Try him on Bow & Crown of Conquest. The leather in it is so smoothly wonderful, and there's the lavender which isn't floral at all. He also might like Black Rider. At least with those 2 you can usually either find an imp for sale on the forum, or order it from the lab.