Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

I think I'm just going to have to order a bunch of stuff and play around. I won't order for a day or two, cause I have a few other things that I want to try (that have no particular connection to the GV) as well (and I left my list at work). Soooooo, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I don't get much vanilla from Giant Vulva at all, so am not sure that Regan would work very well as a layering component; on me, they're completely different scent families. However, on me, the beeswax is a significant component of GV, so if you try layering, you might want to track down Lights of Men's Lives (one of the newer Marchens), which is heavy on the beeswax.

I get a lot of beeswax from GV as well and I just skin-tested Light of Men's Lives over the weekend and immediately thought of GV. I would recommend checking it out!

Everyone was so helpful, I thought I'd report back....

First - I've actually snagged 2 more full bottles of Giant Vulva and one of Glowing Vulva :joy:

But, I also had grabbed a bunch of imps to try some of the suggestions here. Not just to replace GV, but because I'm always interested in finding something new....

The layering of Regan and Le Petit Mort didn't really work. They are both gorgeous, however. Regan smells sooooo good wet, but for some reason it just disappears on me.

Le Petit Mort - oh god this is yummy and secksy... Adding a full bottle to my constantly growing list.

Les Bijoux - also a very secksy scent! I normally don't really like floral notes, but this stuff loves me. And, I'm beginning to realize that skin musk makes me (and my SO) swoon. Another full bottle addition!

The other fragrance I ADORED was Vasilissa. God this is just delicious and sensuous. I spent half the day smelling myself.

EOS is nice, but not remarkable. I'd gladly wear it if I had no limit on what to order, but atm, I have other priorities.

And, I'm still loving O.

I just can't decide if I should place an order now, or wait so I can add stuff from the Lupercalia release (cause I KNOW there will be stuff there I want). Ahhhh decisions, decisions....

Thank you for all your help :wub2:

So I tried out The Chapel, and wow--it is almost a dead ringer for to Chilling Cellar. On me, it's basically the same scent with a little more wine. I'm loving it!

I have fallen head over heels for Humbug and know what a pain in the butt it is to track down a bottle, so I ask anyone of you ladies, have you come across a perfume that smells similar to it? There's just something about Vanilla Licorice that is driving me nuts!! Any help would be appreciated! ;)

I got to sniff Playing with a Loaded Gun at the Atlanta Will Call back in December, but I was too late to get it in the Inquisition. Are there any GC scents that are really really ginger-y like that? I loved the smoky-ness of it too.

Ever since I got a hold of some Knick Knack, I know I NEED to get some more OR the scent equivalent. Can anyone suggest a GC or limited edition that is spicy-orange and clovey. No smoke, no leather, tobacco and no dark musk in the mix. Dark Musk turns straight to powder on me. THe other 2 are always "iffy." Knick knack has a very churchy incencey smell on me which I really love.

Can anyone help a sista out???

Puppet Mistress :beg:

Edited by PuppetMistress

Ever since I got a hold of some Knick Knack, I know I NEED to get some more OR the scent equivalent. Can anyone suggest a GC or limited edition that is spicy-orange and clovey. No smoke, no leather, tobacco and no dark musk in the mix. Dark Musk turns straight to powder on me. THe other 2 are always "iffy." Knick knack has a very churchy incencey smell on me which I really love.

March Hare is very spiced-orange on me, and Al-Shairan is spiced peach in a very similar way.

I would definitely second the recommendation for Al-Shairan (clove, peach and orange with cinnamon, patchouli and dark incense notes.)

Or:

Seraglio (Sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel.)

--Might be a bit sweeter than what you are looking for....

Coral Snake (Snake Oil with blood orange, red apple, lemon peel, plumeria, and gardenia.)

--Again, this one might not have the spice you are looking for...

The Maltese Cross of Sanctus Germanus (Golden amber, blood orange, ambergris, lilac, frankincense, and agarwood.)

Is there anything like Ded Moroz in the GC? Even a similarly deciduous forest, minus the snow, would be grand. I hardly dare to wear it because I love it so much.

Cake Smash layered over Twilight Woods body cream gives a really good Underpants impression without that buttery note in Underpants that didn't work on my skin.

Three year old Voodoo is incredibly similar to Raven Moon on my chemistry. The vetiver and pine give it that same slightly searing edge I get from the chili and benzoin and then the patchouli/vanilla is just divine.

If you missed out on Left His Nurse While In A Crowd, get ahold of some Malignant Dreams of Cthulhu In Love. They're really similar, you're just swapping tentacles for tea.

MIAIPHONOS!

Buy it now...why you still can!

It's a very joyful spicy orange on me! :)

I found Unveiled to be similar to Snow Angel. Snow Angel is brighter and has that sugar note over the top, but the dry down is that softer fruity tea.

If you miss Haunted Palace, you might want to snag Bijoux Y'han'thlei before it goes poof. They're really similar to my skin and nose.

JUST tried White Chocolate and Sugared Violets from the US Imp Swap box. Totally in love. Any recs on how to recreate this scent? Thanks!

Ronin + Bezoar is remarkably similar to U. It still needs that dash of spice that the leather gives U. Ronin + Bezoar + Chimera, maybe?

JUST tried White Chocolate and Sugared Violets from the US Imp Swap box. Totally in love. Any recs on how to recreate this scent? Thanks!

Faith is really, really similar to the point where I swapped my WC&SV away because I couldn't justify hanging onto both.

Anyone know scents similar to Falling Leaf Moon? I've worn it for three days straight and I expect I will continue to wear it often once the honeymoon phase is over.

Anyone know scents similar to Falling Leaf Moon? I've worn it for three days straight and I expect I will continue to wear it often once the honeymoon phase is over.

November is similar to the base of FLM. It smells like FLM without the apple cider to my nose

Edited by CaudaPavonis