Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Absinthe

Limited editions equivalents in the general catalog?

Skadi is kind of similar to Hemlock with the piney bit.

Dia de los Muertos is very similar to Kali.

And Nanshe kind of reminds me of June Gloom -- I say kind of, because it's only a passing resemblance at best.

How about these? Some are D/Ced, other's LE's.

Circe (Haven't tried it but want it!)

Venus

Ice Queen (Haven't tried it but want it!)

Black Widow (haven't tried it... but want it)

Sugar Skull (so i can avoid it like the freakin plague!!!!)

And I agree with MWE = Bordello, except Bordello has MUCH more depth!

Whee! <3

Blue Moon is pretty damn unique...but the closest that I've found is Empyreal Mist. It's not as complex, but it has a very similar light, airy quality...

Frost Moon reminds me of Blue Moon + mint. :D

ETA: I know they're both LE's, but Frost Moon is newer and probably easier to get right about now. :P

Edited by Penance

Sugar Skull has the same sweet base to me as Gluttony, although Gluttony has the hazelnut/coffee thing going on.

Yup, Skadi reminds me a lot of Dublin.

Snow White is a lot like single note coconut and white musk combined, but that's no help since they're discontinued :P

Frost Moon reminds me of Blue Moon + mint. :D

ETA: I know they're both LE's, but Frost Moon is newer and probably easier to get right about now. :P

i thought the exact same thing when i smelled it!

made me happy

and i have to say i dont think dana o'shee smells anything like snow white..

cause i looooove snow white :D

Sugar Skull has the same sweet base to me as Gluttony, although Gluttony has the hazelnut/coffee thing going on.

Yup, Skadi reminds me a lot of Dublin.

Snow White is a lot like single note coconut and white musk combined, but that's no help since they're discontinued :P

Gluttony LITERALLY made me physically ill, it smells like peanuts, which is NOT my thing. =/ Ugh... I don't like it, and I hate Sugar Skull too!

Maybe there's another way to get the coconut and white musk, type scent....

What other scents have those two notes in them? (and if they have extra's, list them, and as we go through them, we can mark some off the list!) I don't smell coconut at all in mine, it smells....weird. Not almondy, I wish it did, it smells fresh, clean, I'm hoping it'll develope more as it ages. ^^;;

It smells NOTHING like Dana O Shee to me! Nor does it smell like Szepassony to me.... ^^;;

Starry Kitten: How does it remind you of it? Like in what way I mean? :D

And whoever compared it to Cathode: How does it compare?

In mood?

In scents/notes?

etc. =) Just curious guys!!!

Thanks!

--Mystina

Ice Queen reminds me of Blue Moon, if you have that. :P

You know I never noticed this until you mentioned it just now. You're right, they are similar. (Blue Moon being my #1 favorite bpal scent)

Midwinter's Eve and Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo share a similar fruit note -- I'm not sure which note it is, but it seems to like me, whatever it is. [Joy Mojo also reminds me of MMU's Pomegranate scent, but that's neither here nor there.]

Frost moon has similarities with Blue moon and Cathode, but only in the bottle to my nose, on the skin it gets his own yummie identity.

Snow White was exactly Dana O shee at first whif, and i was afraid because DoS doesn't last on my at all but luckely also Snow White turned out to be an Unique scent and Amazingly soft(even BF likes it and that's a major compliment!!) and Lasting

I forgot to mention that I think Tarot: The Star smells A LOT like Spooky. On me, anyway.

I found Blood Countess to be very similar to Queen of Spades. :D

And that's a damn good thing because I love the Queen. :P

Ice Queen reminds me of Blue Moon, if you have that. :P

I second this!

Havisham reminds me of Zombi, but I'm one of the weird people that doesn't get "dirt" from Zombi...

I forgot to mention that I think Tarot: The Star smells A LOT like Spooky.  On me, anyway.

I second that!!! The Star is Spooky with limoen, but after the limoen fades the drydown is very similar

Mabon and Blood Countess were quite similar on me, though BC dries down darker and sweeter. I think it's the berries. And BC is close enough to be a buyable version anyway :P

And Grog, in the imp smelled a lot like Gluttony, but slightly less 'rich'. Still heady, heavy boozy butter though.

Edited by Lady Ravenglass

Accidental x-post, but Mabon and Blood Countess could be sisters on my skin.

In fact, just like sisters, because they shout and sulk and poke each other when I'm not looking if I put them anywhere near each other...

Like someone else mentioned, it's also got something in common with Red Moon, which I've only just noticed. There's a rich, spicy note coming through.

Edited by Lady Ravenglass

Wildfire: Dragon's Bone

Several people have mentioned this. How I wish it were true for me! I LOVE Wildfire, and while I do have a supply laid in, it won't last forever. Sadly, white sandalwood turns into nothing but heavy dusty smoke on me. Strange, 'cause RED sandalwood is not a problem!

I found Blood Countess to be very similar to Queen of Spades. :P

Ooh, I was just thinking the same thing today when I put more Blood Countess on!

Blood Countess and Queen of Spades are damn near identical to my nose. :D

Also, Centzon Totochtin smelled like the bastard child of Grog and Dia De Los Muertos on me. :P