Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

A Very Mütter Holiday

The scent of warm gingerbread wafting through polished wood corridors, with hints of balsam, leather, benzoin resin, ambrette seed, and myrrh.

I love this. It is equal parts a gentle

cologne, gingerbread, and whatever gives Ghost Milk the non-milk notes (the vanilla cashmere, I think?) None of the named notes dominate, the cologne-ness isn’t TOO much, and the gingerbread gives it a warm holiday feel. I have worn it two days in a row now because I love it. It’s like a sophisticated, non-foodie Christmas perfume. 

Edited by frizzlechicken

I don't even know how to put into words how this smells, except like Christmas. I love it so much. I'm definitely getting the gingerbread from last year's gingerbread series, and the rest is a subtle cologne that just smells "red" and woody. It's very close to the skin on me, but I get wafts every so often and it's perfect. 

I got this upon online release and much like its Umlaut Mutter cousin I get this leather book vibe wafting through it. But while that one has some balsam and greens in the background this is a warm spiced and a little sweet gingerbread addition. I couldn't tell you if it's soft or a hard gingerbread cookie, but apparently it is sharing a table with a softened, leather bound. I really love it and feel it is a good all-around for the Autumn and Winter seasons.

Edited by Mergekat

The musky ambrette seed is a main player on me throughout wear. There's some leather behind it, some gingerbread spices, and by the end of the day, the balsam has gained some strength and, along with the gingerbread spices, have made this like a holiday version of Ü. A Very Mütter Holiday, indeed!

It's a pretty dry scent, though, and on me, it is rather faint -- I actually had to apply this twice because my skin just ate it the first time.

I'm really glad that a lovely BPALer sent me some of this to try. I definitely prefer this to Ü, but since it is a skin scent on me, it's not something I need to hunt down.

this smells so much like christmas trees but make them fancy masculine cologne + christmas trees

it actually very specifically makes me think of the Soarin Over California ride at Disneyland that has the smells/air blasted at you - the part where you are going through the trees? you know? is this too specific? well it smells a lot like that. 😂 

Gingerbread and a leather chair. This smells like Christmas spent in a fancy home library. Somewhat masculine? Medium throw, medium wear length.