Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Night-blooming jasmine, wisteria, and honeysuckle breathing into a ponderous, moonlit pool of sandalwood, iris, and rose attar.

Oh, this is freshly from the mailbox but was too pretty to resist for long so I'm giving it a go!

In the bottle: this is a very soft, ethereal floral blend, with none of the sharpness that white florals can have. I haven't smelled Twilight in a while, but the similarity in notes has a feel that reminds me of that blend but softer.

Wet: the night-blooming flowers are predominant with perhaps just a touch of greenness. I'm not picking up any sandalwood specifically, and the jasmine and rose attar are doing a bit of a dance in and out of the foreground but everything plays nicely together on my skin with no one note overtaking the others.  

Dry: much the same as the wet stage, this is a very well-balanced scent that is incredibly evocative of a foggy moonlit stroll through a garden. I think at this stage the honeysuckle and wisteria are slightly more prominent than the other notes, but overall it's difficult to pick out the separate parts however the whole is rather divine.

This has become a late-winter/early spring go-to for me, especially at bedtime. So calm and soothing! It starts out with something like the wood polish vibe in Rickety Staircase, almost lemony clean, but in the nicest way, since I am generally cursed with screaming-Pledge-wood-polish-smell from most lemon components. I like lemon, but usually have to come at it indirectly, and I appreciate the flowers doing it for me here. The sandalwood is the base for this scent with a papery, old books and dusty library feel. Over top, I would have guessed this has orange blossom - another favorite of mine - but it must be this combination of florals that's coming across so bright and citrusy. That is to say, this is a brisk floral, not terribly sweet or perfumey. The fog comes through feeling chilly and damp. I love it after my bedtime shower for a clean, enveloping white floral with sandalwood. Husband commented on how nice I smelled at bedtime. ^_^ Promptly ordered a full bottle.

This is a purely night blooming floral scent. At first I get misty wisteria merging with the honey suckle. It smells very fresh and realistic. Jasmine is not a note I normally go for but I felt compelled to try this scent based on the other notes. I can say that this being night blooming jasmine is perhaps not as intense as other jasmine notes. Even though this is very floral it's not overly high pitched on me. It's a kind of soft, comtemplative floral that somehow fits its night time description.  It's a scent that I will enjoy wearing in the evening. 

It's ok. It creeps a little too close to jasmine honeysuckle toilet cake thing which although smells pleasant, I can't shake the roadside rest area association. It could be the iris having that effect as well.

The best part is way later in the day, when everything softens and glows up in a summer symphony of good breeze smells, but takes too long to get there for me sadly, which is a shame because this stage is gorgeous!. I'll hold on to the decant and gravitate towards the Louisiana duets for honeysuckle. However, I have had decent luck getting to the later stages of a blend by gently washing off the top notes with a little bit of soap and water about 15-20 minutes after application, so I may try that!