Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Garden of Shut-Eye Town

A vast midnight sea of lavender twined with passion flower, breeze-touched sways of wisteria, lemon balm, cowslip, poppy, and star-sparkles of chamomile.

If you want a sleep blend, this is the one!

In the bottle the lavender is present but only gently so, rounded out by slight flowery herbal notes.

Once on the skin there's a brief burst of overpowering lavender but that settles down really quickly and chamomile is the most prominent note. There are faint florals which I can't pick apart as I'm unfamiliar with some but I do get the lemon balm along with the chamomile. Once it's dry it almost has a hay or grasses note. the overall effect is very calming and soothing.

Oh my goodness. This smells like a feeling, like a childhood lullabye sung by a storybook mother. It makes me think of Wendy from Peter Pan. It's quite strong on me, but it's also a very soft scent, if that makes any sense. I'm not sure if this is for me exactly, but I do think it is perfection as a piece of art. It's exactly the right mood for The Garden of Shuteye Town. Beautiful.

I remember my second-grade class needing to memorize and recite the first couple stanzas of this poem, and there's some nostalgia captured in this blend.

On the wand, the Garden of Shut-Eye Town gives off lavender and wisteria against a melange of soft, faintly herbal flowers.

On my skin, it's a soft flower bed, with the lavender, wisteria, and chamomile leaning it toward a bed for dreaming. These are flowers to attract fresh dewdrops by morning and faeries by evening---though they be drowsy fey more inclined toward rest than mischief. 

A soft floral blend with a chamomile herbal touch.

A lovely sleep blend that really does hit close to the description.  This is an oddly watery lavender, like you've been set adrift in a little boat across a vast sea of lavender, blue-toned chamomile and gentle florals.  Nothing stands out other than the lavender and gentle florals, and it lacks the throw and staying power I prefer even for my sleep blends. Still very lovely but not what I was hoping for. This one also should have been a decant first but I usually have good luck with bpal's lavender being quite strong on my skin soooo..... Oh well, c'est la vie!

I still really enjoy this, but I think I'll run through my bottle pretty quick as it requires major slathering just to get it last longer than half the day.

Lemon verbena, soporific flowers and lavender. This is like a sleep blend that isn't actually lavender centric. If somehow you hate that all relaxing blends are lavender based, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

I've worn this five times and have had different results with the scent and sometimes have different results with it.

The first time I tested it on the back of my hand, I got a ton of lovely lavender billowing out, which some wisteria, chamomile, and passionflower beneath it. I passed out on the couch after I put it on, but it had been after a long day in the office.

The other times, I've worn it to bed. I completely slather one arm and rub it against the other. This makes the initial lavender burst last for a shorter time. The wisteria is immediately more prominent and high-pitched, and the passionflower is a lot stronger. The chamomile is cozies up to those notes. The lemon balm is there, but not a main player on me. I'm not able to pick out the poppy, and I am not familiar with cowslip.

Sometimes it works as a sleep scent, and sometimes it does not because it's not as lavender-forward as it was initially (not sure if that's from the scent settling or if it is from rubbing the scent on each arm instead of letting it dry naturally). I am debating a bottle, but I think it will how much of my decant I've used before the Yules go down. But in any case, I'll certainly be keeping my decant!

It smelled a little aftershave in the bottle but it is beautiful on the skin! Lavender is prominent, with the other dried flowers wrapped around it. It smells like dried herbs and flowers but isn't dusty or old smelling- it's fresh and it's a scent you want to close your eyes and smell. It's complex enough where you can continuously breathe it in and smell a different note. I wouldn't use this for sleeping but maybe wistfully daydreaming.