Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Cold Earth Slept Below

The bitter breath of the naked sky, the moon’s dying light: night-blooming flowers, white lemon peel, eucalyptus leaf, iced coconut meat, and orris root.

Initially this one is way too jasmine-y for me, but once the night-blooming flowers calm down a bit, the orris/coconut comes out. That combo reminds me a little bit of Black Pearl, which is one of my longtime favorites. The lemon peel and eucalyptus aren't detectable on my skin - I was hoping they'd bring a cool/airy feel to the blend.

Not a win for me, as even after drydown the jasmine is still a bit strong and makes me headachy.

Fans of Midnight on the Midway will like this.

Its night-blooming flowers from that and white coconut with a glowing milky haze of orris. Overall, a cool-toned sweet floral..light blue and white with flecks of pink.

Not as dark as the poetic description... Has more coconut and orris and less eucalyptus and lemon peel. Just a bit of acidic tartness that keeps it bright.   Lets say this is the sitting cozy at the window looking outside perspective. Given that, its a winner!♥️

Edited by SophieCedar

This is a sweet floral, and in the opening there is a distinct sweetness that's kind of like a really good hard candy that mingles with the florals. I'm guessing it could be from the white lemon peel/coconut? Upon first application and during drydown, this definitely shares a note (or a sister note) to a Dragon Age inspired perfume I bought years ago from someone off tumblr (the scent is Chanteuse by fanscents, for anyone wondering. They're not blending perfumes anymore, alas.) Notes in that one were "freesia, peach nectar, apricot, heliotrope, powdered violet, magnolia, light vanilla, bright musk, and creamy amber." I want to guess that part of the night-blooming flowers might have magnolia and/or violet, I suspect there is jasmine and orchid here as well, maaaaaybe moonflower too. I'm not as well versed in my florals, and I find this one to be harder to pick out the different notes. I want to compare this with the wisteria and honeysuckle duet from last year and see if there's wisteria lurking in the night florals as well. 

As it wears, the sweetness reminiscent of old fashioned hard candy burns off and it's mostly soft florals that don't go powdery on my skin, with orris detectable in the backdrop. I can just barely pick up the eucalyptus if I huff really deeply. Sweet soft floral with a touch of chilliness, glowing is an excellent descriptor! It's honestly such a beautiful blend and I'll be cherishing my bottle.