Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Fuck It, Might As Well Lick It

Our annual peppermint candy Lick It blend, now with a dash of mid-pandemic ennui. (Please don’t actually lick it.)

I no longer remember what started my desire to smell like peppermint, but it lead to this (& a few others). This smells so good! Who knew ennui was so festive. 

My mum couldn’t quite place it, but said it smelled very “Christmas time” & when I said it was candy cane as the primary scent she just said, “That’s what I’m smelling!” To be honest, I can’t place anything else except maybe a very mellow vanilla. Maybe marshmallow? Either way, this has made me happy in my quest to smell like peppermint. 

I did just receive it, so I’ll try to have a better review in a few days if it changes. But right now, I smell like sugary candy canes & maybe a hint of dust in the dry down (5 hours later). So glad I just decided to lick it. 

Sweet peppermint oil in the bottle, which augurs well. Goes on as minty powdered sugar. The keen bitter edge of the peppermint comes in quickly, but the sugar doesn’t disappear entirely.

It dries into a realistic, slightly vanilla-tinged candy cane without the dollop of powdered sugar which some of the other Lick Its have slathered on, but also without some of the bitterness or sourness of other years. No skin burn, which is nice. A good solid middle-of-the-cane Lick It, although not FBW for me as I have four Lick It bottles and two backups. If you are early in your Lab journey and don't have other Lick Its, by all means get this one. You'll be happy with it.

For some reason I didn't think I liked mint in perfumes, but I was very wrong. This is the first Lick It variant I've tried.

This goes on as an AGGRESSIVE non-sweet peppermint, but that eventually mellows to a more friendly vanilla mint/candycane scent.

I had heard a rumor that this had a bit of coconut in it, but I'm happy to report I'm not smelling any.

Bracing peppermint oil candy. It's sweet and candied, bringing it away from the raw peppermint essential oil on my stank shelves... but it's stronger on the mint than the sugar.

I love the Lick Its, and I have several!

This one's not as sharp as some other years, or as sugar-sweet as some - it's very well balanced! Sweet vanilla peppermint, beginning to end, and very nice.

I never thought I"d want to smell like a candy cane so have always resisted this series, but something this year spoke to me (maybe it was the title), so here we are!

Pure minty vanilla candy cane. My husband says it smells like Vicks Vapo-Rub when very freshly applied, but that goes away pretty quickly. He also thinks it's adorable. It's a happy scent that reminds me of Santa Claus parades as a kid.

Sugary peppermint, whiff of vanilla. This has to be one of the most peppermint like blends I've tried. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet, begins with very strong peppermint and not much else. As it dries, the peppermint fades to a manageable level and is joined by a sweet, creamy vanilla. It might have a bit of coconut in it, which I don't mind because I love coconut. It really does smell like a candy cane!

This makes my skin tingle until the mint fades, like I just applied a mentholated gel or something. I haven't experienced this with other mint perfumes, but this one is particularly strong. It's a solid peppermint perfume!

This is a good Lick It but not my favorite. It’s a nice peppermint but very light on me. Love the candy cane label though. It’s less sweet than Don’t Lick It if you want that. 

In the Decant: Minty!

Wet: Sweet and minty!

Dry: Marshmallows? Really. All traces of mint are gone in about 30 minutes and I'm left with a sweet, skin-close marshmallow smell that I am not averse to, but mildly confused by.

I collect Lick Its and probably have enough of them, but I had to have this one for the name.

It is strongest on the peppermint at first, and there's some sugar to sweeten it up, but it's not as intensely minty as some Lick It variants, or as sugary as some others. It has been a while since I sniffed it since I used it up so long ago, but at first, I'd say it's probably most like Lick It Now? After a while, the vanilla comes out and ends up being the main player on me, followed closely by the mint and some powdered sugar. It's probably more vanilla-forward than most of the Lick Its on me, actually, with what may be even a stronger vanilla than Lick It Softly? :o I enjoy vanilla mint scents, so while the floofy vanilla and powdered sugar (which I agree verges on marshmallow!) in this doesn't scream candy cane to me, I'm here for it.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I cannot lie... I also bought this for the name. Thankfully, I also really love peppermint!

To me this is a very gentle candy cane scent that's lovely to layer with and add some sweet minty goodness to whatever smells are already going on. My mom always has candy canes around so this also hits me a little in the nostalgia center as well.