Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Deception and despair: rose geranium and tea roses with mahogany wood, bourbon vanilla, and apple peel.

No one has reviewed this yet? Wow.

This is actually slowly morphing in to a favourite. 

In bottle: Rose apple. It reminds me of these rose flavoured Turkish delights we bought recently. Maybe the vanilla is giving the rose a bit of softer hit?

Wet: Staying much the same as the bottle but with the bourbon showing up to keep this a bit tawdry... just a bit. 

Dry: I feel like this will morph more, but after awhile, the roses really bloom on me & the apples get a little tart (in the best way). The bourbon is still here & I think it's blending with the mahogany so well that they are making a whole new note & I love it! This is one of the first scents with a spirits/alcohol note that my skin didn't immediately ruin! I love it!

Yeah I'm surprised there's not more reviews on this, too @Diesis as this is really pretty! 

Out the gate I get a gorgeous red apple, fresh and lush almost like fresh pressed fall festival cider. Yes please, another round! The rose and mahogany lend a fresh, clean, classic, sophisticated vibe to the apple, not earthy but slightly grounding, branchy, and floral. This is kinda like if an apple tree was blossoming and giving fruit at the same time, but more about the blossoms and fruit than the branches and trunk. The rose skews sharp and soapy right after application but I don't find it to be a dealbreaker, it has a vintage vibe to it, like something you would wear to a reenactment.  There's a brief moment where the apple rose combo together is indolic and pissy, my least favorite stage overall. Uhohh..ok that didn't last long.

Drydown is pretty nice, the apple turns more green and tart. There was another apple blend that went plastic bag on me (YMMV, I haven't met many people that this happens to) and unfortunately that happens here. It does fade fast, I reapplied after about 2-3 hours after a light test, so I think this will require a bit more of a dip than usual. That's fine.

I have other apples I need to spend more time with, but I recommend giving this a shot before it comes down. I might actually get a bottle for a locket because that apple opening is so gorgeous.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak