Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Smoky band-aids on a cold winter’s day. This sort of thing is my jam so I will likely upgrade to a full bottle. If you love the Lab’s smoky stuff this is a must-try. 

A lovely smokiness. And you can really smell the gunpowder!

It's surprising similar to a perfume sample for which I have of another brand BUT for which the scent notes are entirely different; fresh floral, dirt, rose....(even though this perfume sample of this other indie brand smells NOTHING to me like rose or fresh floral, definitely on the dirt but it's a dirty smokiness).

This isn't massively strong on my skin after a few hours but I predict that this will smell quite strong on clothing. Smoky scents are my favourite and this is a winner for me!

Edited by PancakesRaichu
Just adding a little extra info on comparison

Look, okay... It smells like smoky, richly sooty gunpowder. It smells like what it says on the tin... or on the barrel.

Few things in life seem nicely simple anymore, but this is. If you love smoke (as I do) or gunpowder, seek it out. If you don't, run away --- or walk away slowly and casually so as to not attract its notice.

Oh man...this hits some kind of sweet spot between straight up smoke and proper incense.  In the bottle:  Sweet SWEET smoke...hard to describe.  One sweet note short of a strong car air freshener but not obnoxious.  On, wet:  Fresh, resinous rain after a campfire?  Hard to describe, earthy and smoky both at once.  Getting a hint of pine tar in it.  Drydown:  Long, slow, strong drydown to a very sweet, resinous smoke with a bit of a bite at the back.  Smoke fans and incense fans, this is the one for you!

Oo this is nice! Reminiscent of sixteen92, Pulp Fragrances, or Strange South atmospheric blends, this evokes an image in your head. it makes me think of Gettysburg or Yorktown during a reenactment. There's those summer drought, toasted dry grass smells, with smoke and metal in the air.

Probably don't need more than a decant, but this would make a great room or car spray or a great layering squad for floral or graveyard blends. A bit of woods come out later. 

Very nice, glad I went for it!

Atmospheric is dead on. The blasts of gunpowder are here, but so are the ghosts. A thick black smoke lies heavy in the air after a pitched battle, while all around, the cold skeletal fingers of ghosts reach out with something like shimmering white musk and pine pitch to clasp you in a prison of bare branches and snow. It dries down surprisingly beautiful. Ethereal, almost? If gunpowder can ever be called ethereal. It reminds me a bit of the smokiest parts of Amaxophobia - probably the 

I too am not in need of a full bottle of this, because I don't know how often I would reach for it as something to put on my body, but if this ever came in an atmo, hold my beer because CLICK CLICK CLICK.