Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I haven't compared them side by side yet, but this reminds me a lot of Flickering Lantern (of which I only have a paltry decant, so I'm glad this fills a similar niche!). Softly smoky beeswax with light purple florals and some lovely, wispy incense smoke. The agarwood is not indolic, and the champaca is not sharp (it's more like the champaca in the Ti Leaf & Champaca Petals duet, soft and golden). I almost passed on this one but had enough shipping refund money to add this, and I'm glad I did. One of my faves so far from my order! It's very sheer and ghostly, which is fitting for the theme. 

In the decant and wet on my skin, I get a bright, fresh lilac.

As the oil dries however, the lilac becomes more subdued, and the beeswax/champaca combo that emerges alongside it is positively *Lovely.*

I'm not usually big into floral, but this one I will consider for a bottle upgrade. 

Edited by LavenderCoffee

Warm, smooth lilac beeswax, with a whiff of smoky champaca.

I can see the comparison to Flickering Lantern, from what I recall of it: this one is likewise purple, smoky, beeswaxy, and incensey. I get a sort of olive oil, also; it blends into the beeswax, but leaves an oily residual texture in the scent.

Pretty. Luperesque.

Very lilac, a whiff of smoke. A lovely incense swirls about during drydown. Does not go powdery on me which is great. Not getting any beeswax although I'm positive the beeswax is the thing stopping it from becoming soapy/powdery. I love lilacs! Strong throw. Upgrading to a bottle. 

Beeswax appears during drydown! 

Edited by wolf_truffles

i think i was most excited by this one as far as yules go. i love lilac and honey. this one is very pretty. at first the lilac and beeswax are fairly balanced, with the beeswax a bit stronger i think. i love this combination, as i figured i would. the champaca seems very light in this, but gets stronger over time, and the agarwood is nearly nonexistent. in the end, this is primarily a lilac-beeswax on my skin and the other notes are much subtler.

There are pretty, soft notes in this that I love, like a soft blanket. The lilac isn't too sharp or green, just soft and light purple hued. The beeswax gives it a nice candlelit glow. Champaca and smoke don't stick out to me too much, but add to the overall haze. That damned agarwood though, had to be a punk and ruin my parade. Had to be that punk who screws things up just enough where a lot of people wouldn't notice at the party, but you definitely did. Threw a sharp-ass knife clear 'cross the kitchen when I was putting the cute little ritual flower candle shit together, knocked the candles over and made a big mess making me look bad. Punk.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Gorgeous, creamy lilac and beeswax with light incense. Why didn't I try this while it was still available?! I adore it.

This reminds me of Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, one of my favorites. Now, this is way more delicate, but they're in the same family for sure. Cathédrale is a heavy, stony, gothic incense and candlewax scent. Second Sight is an old, potentially haunted château with overgrown lilac bushes, wax from spent candles, and a memory of incense smoke lingering in the air from decades of seances. 

Average throw on me, but it lasts a crazy long time. I could still smell a light smoky beeswax on my wrist after 12 hours. I'll be seeking out a bottle, this is 100% my kinda vibe.