Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A boisterous scent – scratching, clanging, banging, pounding, crashing: cacao-stained mahogany, blackcurrant and tobacco, cranberry and peppercorn, bubbles of champagne grape and cognac. 

Wow, wasn't sure what to expect of this one which is why I got it.  How to describe this one?  Imagine a New Year's Eve party with the adults in one room, the kids in the other, and cleanup afterwards.  In the bottle:  Something like cocoa powder and kid's punch of grape soda and gingerale.  On, wet:  A bit more of a spicy note and woody note comes up, along with a teeny hit of tobacco.  Dry:  Dark woody note with lingering hits of soda/champagne punch, some kind of background spice, and a tiny hit of burnt cocoa powder.  Really says "after the party."

Ginger, fizzy champagne, cacao, blackcurrant, whiff of tobacco. This is mainly a fizzy ginger-fruit-cacao blend. Odd. Medium throw and wear length.

This one's different. Cacao, tobacco, and bubbly. Sounds like a fun night! Dries down mostly bubbly on me, yet like much of the rest of this series, it has a Western feel to it. Magic. I probably don't need more, but I really like it for the mood. I would've never expected these notes to work together, but they do. Almost reminds me of those chocolate sodas Grandaddy used to find for us when we went up the country to visit. Dang yeah, almost like a chocolate float, too! Not rootbeer or anything, more like if someone made chocolate ice cream floats with a clear bubbly. I used to order coke floats and request chocolate ice cream, and this reminds me of that too, although much more clear and less syrup.

I will revisit to see if a bottle is needed but so far this is a pleasant surprise hit!