Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

On Wednesday, I Will Promise You a Phantom

A gust of luminous lavender, the spectral skin musk of a gently curving ghostly hand, a melodic twang of wisteria and ylang ylang, and a murmur of myrrh-touched vanilla husk.

Wonderful addition to any lavender lovers' collection. This has the smoothness and muskiness of Duet- Ti Leaf and Champaca Petals but of course its lavender, ylang ylang and myrrh. Soothing, slightly vanillic sweet, swaying purple and gold chiffon. Wisteria is the bright purple/white note pulling this all together, showing how it doesn't have to be the capital number 1 note...it can actually play a crucial supporting role. Anyone who loves Air and the Ether or Ti Leaf & Champaca (brainfarting on any other similar scents..sorry) should give this a try.

Lavender- and vanilla-forward from the start, On Wednesday could easily enjoy a spot next to TKO or Daybreak in a perfume box. 

Here the gentle lavender-vanilla cloud is tinged with extra blue-purple from the wisteria, and a lighter touch of sultry gold from ylang ylang. The myrrh is also light, and sweet, for a grounding note.

This wears like a cloud, or like soft, silky lingerie. It could be a sleep-scent pleaser.

I am so glad that this one ended up getting notes listed the day after the Yules went live, because I almost passed it up, and then I ended up being able to grab a decant once the notes were updated. It would have been a shame to have passed this one up, because it ended up being my favorite scent from the Yule 2021 update!

This goes on as a gorgeous lavender and skin musk on me. At that point, it is soft and close to the skin. Then the vanilla husk and myrrh emerge, and during that phase, it seems like a cousin to one of my favorite atmos, The First Love Fades Too, but with myrrh instead of sandalwood. The ylang ylang joins in and becomes more prominent as the vanilla husk does, and then it's a cousin to one of my favorite massage oils: Formula 57 with its ylang ylang and vanilla. Wisteria is usually a note that is high-pitched and screechy on me, tending to stomp all over other notes, but in this scent, it is incredibly well-behaved. It does add a high-pitched perfume-y aspect to the scent by the end of the day, but it is kept in check and even complemented by this absolutely stunning floofy, billowy, vanilla musk.

I'm in love. Multiple bottle worthy. :wub2: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is another one to believe the hype on! :heart: At first, it's herbal lavender with some well-behaved wisteria backing it up, but the vanilla quickly dominates on me (which is funny, because I didn't expect it to at all, given all the other notes). The florals have an ethereal, floating quality, and the vanilla beneath them makes the whole scent kind of marshmallowy and fluffy. I really liked the ylang-ylang and vanilla trio and I think that combination is part of what I'm in love with here. I'd definitely recommend this to fans of TKO, Sopor, Lullaby etc., and also to fans of wisteria scents.

My goodness this is so gorgeous. Happy to have added this to my lavender collection. Though to be fair, the lavender slinks off to the background really quickly, leaving a waft of musky, warm, vanillic myrrh. When I smell it up close to the skin, I get all the lovely florals. I took a chance on this one and so glad I did! I try to wear a different scent every day, but I can’t stop thinking about this one and dying to put it on.  

I’ve let my bottle take a proper snooze for a few weeks, I did test it a few times, knew I adored it, and waited a bit to give it a formal review. 

At the beginning, this is a little on the sharp side, but after a few minutes it becomes a pillowy dream. Lavender, soft and not mentholated. Wisteria isn’t as forward as I had hoped, but it’s there, mixed in the melange of quiet florals and what smells like very airy musks and resins in the background. 

If you enjoy Lilith’s lavenders from years past, scents like The Air and The Ether, Ubi Bene, Ibi Patria, this is one you might love.

I can't believe I never reviewed this, because I've loved it since day one and worn it quite a bit since. On me this is very vanilla, myrrh, and lavender forward, along with something sweet and floral, but different from other florals, that I'm assuming is the wisteria. I have to say, I'm new to wisteria, but if that is what this smell is, I'm in love. 💘I can pick out the skin musk, but it's mostly in the background, propping up the more front and center notes. Other reviewers hit the nail on the head by calling it "marshmallowy and fluffy" and "a pillowy dream." It's a lovely, comfy scent, cozy without being warm, and I'm constantly going back to sniff my wrists.

My one minor gripe is that the throw is fairly light, and does require a fairly heavy-handed application, at least for me (I like a strong fragrance), but that just means I'm going to need back-ups.

I must be the voice of honesty here: this lavender does not love me for the first hour. It is sharp, unpleasant, astringent, and even turns in a sour way about 30 minutes in. This is everything I DON'T want from lavender.

But beneath it is a pillowy vanilla that, yes, you have smelled in the Vanilla Nutmeg Hay trio, and probably others from this late 2021-2022 era of BPAL! That drydown stage is gorgeous. It's the feeling of marshmallows melting on your tongue. It's the smell of Easter. It's sleeping in on a weekend morning and stretching out in the sheets luxuriously. You want to be this vanilla.

The hint of skin musk is there, and the twang of the florals is probably amping up the lavender the way backup dancers amp up their star. They aren't big players but if you are already suspicious of Lady Lavender, her supporting wisteria and ylang ylang aren't likely to change your mine.

On Wednesday starts out as a big essential oil straight from the dropper mess, and dries down to something poofalicious. I think it's a no brainer for lavender fans, and a potential need for sweet vanilla fans. I am probably acquiring a bottle!

This is my favorite lavender I've come across lately. It - the lavender! - morphs a lot over time and has good staying power on me. It starts out like a dark & spicy woods. Very twiggy, and almost reminded me a bit of Troll. I couldn't quite place the lavender, just knew I loved the smell. As it warms up, it becomes apparent that it's lavender going through a phase, now turning woolly and austere, along the lines of We Wear the Mask, which I also love. It's a hint sweet and very dignified. I was already sold on a big bottle for the lavender version at this point, but then it developed one stage further into a gorgeous, sweet, cozy lavender like my the beloved Incolumitas! I have been hoping upon all hopes that they would make that free gift giveaway into a regular catalog item and HERE IT IS! I have been hoarding those little bottles, and this finally scratches that itch in a full size! The Air & The Ether was too cold and dry for me, but this!!

I put it on at 2, bathed in it at 4, it was still around at 10, and detectable on my sleeve the next day ^_^

I have to sit on this one a little more! I really love the scent wet and out of the bottle—the lavender is beautifully pungent and verrrrrry gently softened by a warm, round vanilla/myrrh combo. But the lavender fades pretty quickly for me, and the myrrh, vanilla, and other florals take over. At that point, it verges on too sweet for me. It's still a very pretty scent—powdery sweet and warm enough that I would want to keep this to cool spring weather at the hottest—but I'm not sure it's going to end up in my wheelhouse. It's definitely more light and powdery than thick and syrupy, which is a point in its favor from the standpoint of my own personal taste, but at this point, I don't think it's going to end up being full-bottle worthy. I'll definitely finish my decant though!

When first applied I get the initial blast of lavender and wisteria but it is quickly softened by the most gorgeous vanilla. The lavender and wisteria fade quite early on and I'm left with a ylang-ylang and vanilla dominated scent. The myrrh stays quietly in the background for me. This is a soft, gentle scent. I enjoy it alot and can imagine wearing it as everyday scent. It has good wear length and throw without being over powering. 

This is very pretty, and I think it'll be a good sleep scent! It goes on very lavender-floral - which made me skeptical for a minute or two, because I'm not a huge floral person, though I do like sweet lavender-vanilla! But then the vanilla comes out, and it becomes a gently warm, very cozy and inviting lavender-vanilla-powder (it is a little powdery) scent. Low throw (so far), but it's a nice skin scent!