Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mud-spattered wagon wheels, crushed grasses, thick tufts of moss, and thorny branches creeping over a wild, overgrown and gnarled ash hedge.

Wood, grasses, mud and moss -- just like the description said. This scent is absolutely wild, as in, it makes me smell like I've been tearing through the woods and I should have rips and snarls all through my clothes and burrs clinging to my hair. For an extra witchy twist I've been layering it with my imp of Peacock Queen, but I might need a bottle of this.

I don't know how, I don't know why --- but when I first tested this, it smelled like a perfectly nice floral-toned green weed on me.

On this test, though, it's coming out as listed: packed mud, moss, and the other sort of weed, the stray, wild grasses. Though, still with a touch of wild, floral sweetness.

On my skin, the mud stands out, but the grasses are close behind. This smells specifically like wild grasses tamped down in, and stained with, damp mud. Some moss adds extra green, and somewhere behind, woods lurk.

This is mostly the moss on me, and it gives the perfume a cologne vibe. It's almost a pure mossy and grassy green perfume, but I do get some of the mud notes. I don't get any woody notes, really, which I expected from the hedge and the wagon wheels.

Even though it's a bit muddy, this is a very wearable scent to me. The mud makes this a bit darker and more complex, which I like! It's not too sharp for me, which often happens when moss is involved.

Body chemistry strikes again 😫 I loved this one out of bottle, and on first application, it was a fresh, wild, little bit dark green grassy/mossy scent. Like others have said, the mud note wasn't strong on me at all—if anything, it just rounded out the greenness a bit and added a little darkness. But unfortunately, after a few minutes, I started getting that same damn rubbing alcohol morph that I got from some of the 2021 Weenies. I'm wondering if the 'wagon wheel' has some sandalwood in it, because I think one of the lab's sandalwood blends has been the culprit when this happened to me with the Weenies.

My experience is almost identical to @zipegs. Fresh out, it's a very nice atmospheric green grassy blend with some earthy bits. I really liked this stage. However as it dries down, a hidden note that has been going wonky and sharp on me recently too is acting up. Sandalwood is a good guess, could also be a hidden patchouli or a type of oud or other wood floating around. 

Hekkin hekk. Wallet breathes a sigh of relief. I'll use as a room spray or something.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Oh, this is a heartbreaker! In its decant, this smells as weird and wonderful as the collection of notes suggests. Hard to pin down, but something wild and green and creepy and creeping. There's some oak in there I think, some cold grass, and something strange and twisting that I can't wait to try on skin.

The first few minutes have a glorious edge that keeps me coming back for more sniffs and enjoying the mentholic punchy note in the blend. Then, tragedy strikes. The whole scent starts to scream like badly mixed chemicals. Think ammonia + bleach. It is beyond burning. Something visceral in me says "TOXIC. DANGER. DO NOT INHALE."

I don't know what the heck is in this little sucker, but I got similar reactions as reviewers above. If you are sensitive at all to 2021's Lab blends, or to the alcohol in mainstream "fast fumes" body sprays like Bath and Body Works, then Move On Please might have you saying, indeed, NEXT.

At first, I get the dried grasses from this along with the moss, thorns, and the ash. Over time, the moss, woods, and ash become the main players on me, with some mud that becomes more noticeable with wear but never overtakes that note -- and it's a dry mud, not a wet one. It ends up being somewhat cologne-y on me after a while, which I attribute to the moss (and possibly the way it combines with one of the woody notes).

While I'm glad I got to try this, it's not something for which I could see myself reaching, so my decant is off to swaps!